Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250504 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)
« Reply #1050 on: December 12, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »
If Chicago is targeting a guy like Daniels, then they probably fully intend on moving Hinrich.  Not really a surprise, Rose is clearly their pg going forward. 

jemagee

« Reply #1051 on: December 12, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
But why wouldn't the wiz then ASK for hinrich as opposed to hughes?  I mean hinrich is better right?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1052 on: December 12, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »
because they have Gilbert?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »
But why wouldn't the wiz then ASK for hinrich as opposed to hughes?  I mean hinrich is better right?

Probably because a) they were only offering crap and didn't want ot move a more valuable piece, b) the whole fascination with former players from the franchise thing, but primarily c) they don't want any more long term commitments with all of the contracts they already have.  Hughes will also be a nice expiring contract next year to flip to a team looking to get under/farther under the cap in 2010.

jemagee

« Reply #1054 on: December 12, 2008, 12:46:41 PM »
Areans and Jamison don't expire before 2010 :)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 12, 2008, 01:11:46 PM »
Areans and Jamison don't expire before 2010 :)

Arenas' game may already have expired, just not his contract.

jemagee

« Reply #1056 on: December 12, 2008, 01:14:11 PM »
Jamison isn't all that much better - those were just two bad contracts

Thing is - I think lebron is serious about money AND rings - if you got cap room but no chance at a ship i don't think he's coming to your team.

I want him to casually say something about the 'D'antoni system' not able to win a title and then count the days before the knicks find a way to fire him :)

jemagee

« Reply #1057 on: December 13, 2008, 11:34:22 AM »
Marc Stein weekend dime talks about some possibly moving players

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081213-14

1.  THe Bucks will listen to offers for Michael Redd - 2 years left 35 million total
2.  Warriors may shop Maggette
3.  Raymond Felton may be in play - but you might have to be willing to take on Nazr (signed through 2011)
4.  Bulls could have sefolasha, thomas, and hughes available, but not Noah
5.  Brad Miller would cost an expiring contract AND a solid young player
6.  Nuggets want a big man still and since Atkins can't get it done alone they will consider throwing in Kleiza.

None of these things are 'facts' so much as rumor and speculation by stein - just wanted to summarize the ones that interested me (the one about marion not likely moving not so much)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 13, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »
We need one of those Debods % odds poste.

% chance:

1.  Mire Fo
2.  Trade Miller or Sam
3.  Minor trade
4.  Stupid, mortgage the future trade (like Thad/Evans/Green for Redd.)

jemagee

« Reply #1059 on: December 13, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
Would Redd really cost that much?   I don't know his salary but if you give them a 10 million dollar expiring deal I would think that would make their cheap arses happy enough?

jemagee

« Reply #1060 on: December 14, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
Interesting Rumor in the paper this morning - of course from new york newsday - the nuggets were willing to trade linas kleiza for david lee...knicks said no thanks

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 15, 2008, 02:04:56 PM »
What would it take to get the Randy Foye/Mike Miller combo to Philly?  If McHale wants to win now does he go after someone like Andre Miller that can help a young team, without a big financial commitment?  If so what else would it take?

Or can a deal be built around Sammy as they need a true center to compliment their two big PF's in Love and Jefferson?  If so, again, what would it take, and secondly, where could we flip Miller to and get back a big?

Foye is not a true PG, but he shot the three well in previous years (admittedly piss poor this year so far) and should be able to penetrate, he has the physical tools, although he did not do a lot of that according to Hollinger.  Defensively he would be a big upgrade over Andre Miller.  On the bench or starting Mike Miller gives us the shooter we need with some size for his position.  Iggy can compliment a combo guard like Foye with his floor game and can leave more of the scoring to guys like Foye, Mike Miller and Brand.  I don't mind Thad on the second team as long as he gets sufficient minutes.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1062 on: December 15, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
What would it take to get the Randy Foye/Mike Miller combo to Philly?  If McHale wants to win now does he go after someone like Andre Miller that can help a young team, without a big financial commitment?  If so what else would it take?

Or can a deal be built around Sammy as they need a true center to compliment their two big PF's in Love and Jefferson?  If so, again, what would it take, and secondly, where could we flip Miller to and get back a big?

Foye is not a true PG, but he shot the three well in previous years (admittedly piss poor this year so far) and should be able to penetrate, he has the physical tools, although he did not do a lot of that according to Hollinger.  Defensively he would be a big upgrade over Andre Miller.  On the bench or starting Mike Miller gives us the shooter we need with some size for his position.  Iggy can compliment a combo guard like Foye with his floor game and can leave more of the scoring to guys like Foye, Mike Miller and Brand.  I don't mind Thad on the second team as long as he gets sufficient minutes.

Must...not...use...trade machine...

We get Mike Miller, Kevin Love, and Randy Foye
They get Sammy D and Thaddeus Young

*gets killed by angry people with torches and pitchforks*

jemagee

« Reply #1063 on: December 15, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
Interesting Deal

I expect that Minneosta hangs up first

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 15, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »
Foye, Mike Miller and Madsen (whom we cut) for Andre Miller, Wiliie Green and Jason Smith.  I used the trade machine, and I liked it.   ;D