Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250497 times)

jemagee

Re: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)
« Reply #1035 on: November 21, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
Oh - that does make the clippers front court crowded - but it seems like mobley is going - who is their back up shooting guard?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 21, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »
Opens minutes for Gordon.

jemagee

« Reply #1037 on: November 21, 2008, 06:01:20 PM »
Camby Randolph and Kaman seems crowded to me....someones going to be unhappy

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1038 on: November 23, 2008, 07:55:04 PM »
Camby Randolph and Kaman seems crowded to me....someones going to be unhappy

That someone is me... Randolph is on my fantasy team. 

jemagee

« Reply #1039 on: December 10, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »
I suppose

Suns get Jason Richardson and Sean Singletary.

Charlotte gets Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, Jared Dudley and a future second-round pick.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 10, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »
I suppose

Suns get Jason Richardson and Sean Singletary.

Charlotte gets Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, Jared Dudley and a future second-round pick.

LB must be in charge and got sick of Richardson.  I guess he'll play Felton and Augustin together.   Look Ed, people are making trades all over the place.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 11, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »
I'm all for a trade- but Mo needs to be gone 1st.  You want to know your coach before you start changing the roster.

jemagee

« Reply #1042 on: December 11, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »
Mobley reportedly will retire...I love how he was able to play for the clippers but suddenly unable to play when he hit new york...I think this was a backroom deal before the deal was made that mobley would retire so the knicks can get some insurance relief

jemagee

« Reply #1043 on: December 11, 2008, 11:26:36 PM »
Dime Magazine has this rumor

Before the Wizards pulled the trigger sending Antonio Daniels to Memphis for Javaris Crittenton and Mike James (from N.O.), they had the basics of a trade with Chicago workout out.

Sources tell me that the team was on the verge of a deal that would have sent Antonio Daniels, Etan Thomas and another player (maybe Dee Brown) to Chicago in October for Larry Hughes but the deal was put off when Hughes (shocker) injured his shoulder.

Though Gilbert and Larry Hughes once formed one of the most dangerous one-two punches in the League in ?04-05, those days are gone.

Hmmm...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 12, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
We need to jump on that.  The sixers can really use a guy like Hughes.  They need more overpaid backcourt players who can't shoot 8)  Then they can really get out and run.  Its all about defense...  at least according to our head coach.

jemagee

« Reply #1045 on: December 12, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »
We need to jump on that.  The sixers can really use a guy like Hughes.  They need more overpaid backcourt players who can't shoot 8)  Then they can really get out and run.  Its all about defense...  at least according to our head coach.

See...since I'm not 100% sure how it was working i just posted the quote - i was wondering what the BULLS were looking for in the deal - in giving up hughes - i wasn't advocating hughes at all - god no - but maybe calling up the bulls and seeing if there's a deal to be made to give them what they were looking for by getting daniels if they could?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 12, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »
I did not read you as advocating Hughes.  You are right, maybe this shows they would want a vet PG (Miller.)  I guess it goes back to the whole Miller/Hinrich thing.

I doubt they want more than a back-up PG, since Rose looks like the real deal at PG.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 12, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
I would be happy to package a certain center and PG for them right now if Hinrich is healthy or soon to be so.  There has been a lot of early trade activity early this year, and figures to be more after the 15th when a number of FA become trade eligible, especially the lower paid guys who make nice trae filler.  It should be interesting between now and the deadline.

jemagee

« Reply #1048 on: December 12, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »
Sam + Miller makes close to 20 mil this year - what else you taking back from Chicago :)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 12, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
Sam + Miller makes close to 20 mil this year - what else you taking back from Chicago :)

I would take Hinrich and Gooden who make about $17.5 and fill in around there.  Nocioni (as an alternative)has a nice game with his shooting and D, but that would give us a glut of guys better suited to play PF, plus he has a looooong contract.  I have always like Thabo and would love to have him included.