Author Topic: Is Evans a Goner?  (Read 25482 times)

jemagee

Re: Is Evans a Goner?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 12:36:10 PM »
Willie green didn't keep starting willie green or giving him too many minutes
Mo Cheeks did that - if mo can be convinced what willie truly is (to me he's like the 8th or 9th man in the rotation) then fine, keep willie, but if mo is stempted to make him the starter, then he's gotta go

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 02:20:13 PM »
So what you're saying is that Mo Cheeks can't quit Willie Green? Man... this is like Brokeback Sixers.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »
So what you're saying is that Mo Cheeks can't quit Willie Green? Man... this is like Brokeback Sixers.

I think we need to send you back to your hotel room with your white powder...

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
This thread has gotten out of control.

Based on SF76's recent report, I got the feeling that it won't take much on another team's part to acquire Evans. Besides Evans and Green... I imagine Booth is another guy we are looking to move. Then again, he's a veteran and has a 1 year deal at the minimum.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
I agree with others that we should certainly explore any trade opportunities involving Evans.  I personally thought he got way way overrated during the playoffs.  Not to say that he didn't have a good series, but people act as though his one dimensional skill set is the glue to our success.  One of my larger pet peeves this past season was how we'd continue to give Reggie touches in the paint, which is essentially turning the ball over.  His toughness, intensity, and rebounding presence are nice things to have off the bench, but if moving him gives us the extra flexibility we need to woo our targeted FA then we'd be foolish not to pull the plug on Evans. 

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »
i thought evans got overrated by the announcers but the fans all realized that his great play was going to be short lived and to enjoy it while it lasts, which the last 2 games show...it didn't.  I'd like to keep evans but if the right deal comes around he shouldn't hold anything back.  Oh and i agree anklebreaker, the man shouldn't get any touches (no kaman joke).

*this in no way changes my thoughts that reggie evans is a cross between wilt chamberlin, Ali, barry sanders, and Mr. T. a giant among men.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 05:33:58 PM »

*this in no way changes my thoughts that reggie evans is a cross between wilt chamberlin, Ali, barry sanders, and Mr. T. a giant among men.

As if there was any doubt- although I would exchange Barry Sanders for Barry white- they have the same voice- and you know that draws to ladies to arena- insert Wilt joke here.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
So now that Brand is a Sixer, does that mean that Evans is definitely gone? I think Ed would probably love to move him for a shooter to bring off of the bench.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »
If he could get that done that would only further cement his reputation for me. The only thing is we become VERY young with our bigs off the ench

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 12:41:29 PM »
I just hope we don't try and do too much too fast.  I'll admit that I like Evans off the bench... he's a big reason why we were so effective in rebounding (and I would love for Speights to learn from him for a year).

If it's a good trade, then do it.  However, if it's only so-so, we'll be in a better shape to contend NEXT year (2009-10) because (a) we'll have the MLE, (b) we'll have next years' draft pick, (c) all of our young guys will have had a year to mature.

The only reason to continue to be aggressive is if Miller won't resign.  24 Hours ago, I thought that was definite.  Now... who knows.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
My only concern is we need a shooter who can contribute and Evans may be our only option in a trade if we're not moving Igoudala

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »
One can only hope evans is a goner...dude will probably never have a higher profile

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »
My only concern is we need a shooter who can contribute and Evans may be our only option in a trade if we're not moving Igoudala

Plus we need Reggie to add to the deadline trade of Miller for Baron Davis.   ;)

I think Reggie starts the year here and hangs on until the trade deadline depending on Speights' progress.  Just to be extra cautious with a guy coming off of an achilles injury I would not thin out our big man depth too fast.

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
Ugh, bite your tongue, not even funny, i'd rather have gilbert arenas on the sixers than baron davis

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

Plus we need Reggie to add to the deadline trade of Miller for Baron Davis.   ;)

LOL! Is it possible that Elton Brand filmed an episode of Punk'd with Kyle Korver a week ago? I mean, did Brand call Davis up and talk the Clippers up and about how they could win together and then last night while Davis was getting in his car to go home from some club, out came the camera crews and Elton Brand with a Sixer Uni on? Will we get to see this?

Korver sort of set this up (not by his own doing) by being traded for the cap space and a draft pick that helped the Sixers get Brand so I think this is all too perfect.