Author Topic: 2008 Draft Day Thread: 7:30 ESPN  (Read 186072 times)

Offline PhenomThad31

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2008 Draft Day Thread: 7:30 ESPN
« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »
Bill Walker gone :insert sad face:
PhenomThad31's wishlist
1. Trade up and draft Eric Gordon
2. Pray to God Anthony Randolph slips to 16
3. Package Pick and WG for later pick to draft Greene, Aurthur, Speights, Ajinca, Jordan or whoever of the 5 slip into the 20's.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2008, 10:24:11 PM »
later on man

Offline Howardmgm3

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2008, 10:24:21 PM »
Who was that guy that the sixers had come in twice for workouts....
A PF I think..

jemagee

« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2008, 10:24:23 PM »
Well im happy with the pick - I cannot believe how far DeAndre Jordan fell

Also, I just read the "We all hate Jem" thread - I mean seriously is everyone on there under 12?

The Sixers board is kinda slow, but there are some good posters.  There are some scary posters to, and an extra helping of blowhards- but I guess thats the same everywhere.

real Gm keeps things a bit better under control with more active mods.

The problem at philaphans isn't inactive mods, it's actually a little more complicated, but there are certain posters there who have an invincibility/immortality and can do whatever they want whereever they want say whatever they want and not get in trouble with it....some of the folks in charge also have special hatred for anyone who ever posted in one of a few places...the lunatics run the asylum as it were.

RealGM has other problems

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »
Listen... I'm a big Jem fan and was fairly pissed when he got banned... but the man did the crime and has to serve the time. My question is whether or not he's served enough time. I mean, does a ban have to be a lifetime thing?? That seems a bit silly especially when you have so many people asking for his reinstatement.

Something seems wrong that SendEm hasn't been banned yet. Does anyone enjoy his posts??

I'm not a huge fan of banning people unless they are bogging down the entire board by hijacking all of the threads.

Sendem has done this at times (Iguodala fixation), but he can make some good points when he's not in some pissing match.

Offline PhenomThad31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #710 on: June 26, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »
Listen... I'm a big Jem fan and was fairly pissed when he got banned... but the man did the crime and has to serve the time. My question is whether or not he's served enough time. I mean, does a ban have to be a lifetime thing?? That seems a bit silly especially when you have so many people asking for his reinstatement.

Something seems wrong that SendEm hasn't been banned yet. Does anyone enjoy his posts??
no nobody enjoys that troll, he is the definition of negadelphia.
PhenomThad31's wishlist
1. Trade up and draft Eric Gordon
2. Pray to God Anthony Randolph slips to 16
3. Package Pick and WG for later pick to draft Greene, Aurthur, Speights, Ajinca, Jordan or whoever of the 5 slip into the 20's.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #711 on: June 26, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »
True...but how often is that?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #712 on: June 26, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
Did Stefanski say anything interesting during his Presser?

Nothing really but I thought it sounded like someone asked him about Arthur sliding to which Stefanski said he has a story about that but he wouldn't tell it tonight and would perhaps tell the reporter later on. That sounds rather interesting and as if there's some drama there. My guess is that the Sixers asked to see his medical records and some shady dealings were happening so that they couldn't get them.

Also of interest is that when Speights was on CSN earlier, he said that his agent called him after the 14th pick was made and was told the Sixers were taking him at #16. I really like that Speights seemed genuinely excited to be a Sixer unlike some of the other guys we've seen tonight. Did anyone see Bayless' reaction to being a Blazer?? That was weird but not as weird as Mamma Lopez.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #713 on: June 26, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »
I mean, does a ban have to be a lifetime thing?? That seems a bit silly especially when you have so many people asking for his reinstatement.

Jem was given numerous, numerous chances.  It's pointless to give a poster who had many chances another chance. 

Nor am I going to sit here and debate it.

SendEm has been suspended twice.  Should he do something that's ban-able, he's on his way.  Unfortunately I don't make the rules there.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:29:17 PM by Derek Bodner »

jemagee

« Reply #714 on: June 26, 2008, 10:27:38 PM »
SendEm hasn't really broken any rules, he just is repetitive with his hate for Iggy, and he has right to differ in opinion.

I've always been against banning someone simply because they have a majorly minority opinion, even if they are doing it just to annoy. The reason is because they spend a lot of time posting and contributing and banning someone pretty much is flushing all those wasted hours at the board down the toilet.

If you break rules though and are a major distraction then it is ok.

I don't buy into this logic at all...it's like the 'pay to post cause bandwidth is very expensive' argument...it's a strawmen.

A.  The people who run realgm.com can ban anyone they want for any reason they want, TOC or not, it's not a freedom of speech issue.
B.  Trolls are trolls and should be banned when it's obvious they are trolls, even if they aren't specifically breaking any rules, they make boards less enjoyable for the real serious posters.
C.  If you ignore trolls they go away, if this sendem guy is so terrible and contributes nothing, put him on ignore, it's an amazing tool....trust me i lasted a lot longer at realgm then i would have by ignoring every alternative carch and ricky personality, i just allowed my intolerance of the grossly stupid to get the best of me.

I have no idea what you are talkinga bout concerning the flushing all those wasted hours though

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 26, 2008, 10:29:53 PM »
Well I guess I am out too.

This has been a better place to post than RealGM or Philaphans, and again, I'd be all for trying to keep it going- but  most likely it won't be active again for another year.

I think maybe I'll try to post here during the Vegas League games starting 7/11.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #716 on: June 26, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »
SendEm has been suspended twice.  Next time he slips on something that's ban-able, he's gone.

Ahhh man... he's toast. Just wait until Iguodala signs his massive extension. There's no way SendEm will be able to resist hijacking every thread about it. He will not be missed.

jemagee

« Reply #717 on: June 26, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »
BTW

the correct phrase is

"Once a con always a con" - we don't believe in rehabilitation

:D

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #718 on: June 26, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »
Ah FUCK.  Arthur was just traded for CASH.

jemagee

« Reply #719 on: June 26, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »
Ah FUCK.  Arthur was just traded for CASH.

Isn't there a roster limit?  I mean JFC how many players does portland own the rights to now?