Author Topic: OT- Incredible Hulk  (Read 1338 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OT- Incredible Hulk
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »
Here is a cool note I just saw on IMDB.COM.

Cast Member:  Robert Downey Jr.      character:  Tony Stark.

:P :P :P :P :P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT- Incredible Hulk
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
Ok, I took the family to see this last night.  I have got to say that this was a REALLY good movie.  I would even say I thought it was better than Iron Man.  I am not just saying that because I love Marvel Heroes, because I really did not think ANYONE could make the Hulk into a good movie - ANYONE.  But this movie was great!  and it really adds to the whole Avengers build up.  Guys, this movie was great for a comic movie!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:02:24 PM »
I saw the final fight scene as i walked in from the finish of another movie.

I won't spoil, other then to say Liv Tyler was unbelievable sappy.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
so your saying you didn't think it was good from what you saw?  Liv Tyler was bland, but the way Zak Penn reworked the story was great considerign what he had to work with, I mean, come on, "Hulk Smash!!"  how far can you go with that as far as movies go.  Penn is also the one writing the Avengers and Captain America movies.  If he work the Hulk into such a good story I am really looking foward to those movies coming out.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 10:46:06 AM »
oh no, i know very little about the Hulk story.  I'm not discouraging anyone from going.
Just that i came in at the climatic moment where Hulk is about to finish The Abomination.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »
I, for one, loved the movie.  Probably just as much from the geekiness overdrive of seeing the Marvel Universe play out right before my very eyes in seat-jarring effects as from the merits of the movie itself.  I mean I tried to like Ang Lee's movie, I even talked myself into defending it to some of my friends saying he went artistic and what about he split screen/comic effect.  No, I was wrong.  I was SO very wrong! 

This is the way a Hulk movie needs to be done.  I mean we're talking Hulk, he's huge, invincible, angry, mean, and Green.  Its not rocket science how a movie like this should be done.  Despite 46 years of history since the creation of The Incredible Hulk, the story remains quite simple.  Hulk Angry!  Puny thing make Hulk Mad!!  Arrrrrrrgggghh!!!  HULK SMASH!!!  The simplicity of character of the Hulk is what is endearing.  Sure there is the omni-present inner conflict between Banner and Hulk and one can explore the subject without turning the entire exercise into a Dr. Phil/feel good about yourself/tell me about your childhood introspect.   

As the movie goes, they did a tremendous job putting in little tidbits here and there from within the universe without pausing for air.  Names like Stearn, Mr. Blue, etc.  I quite like the performance of Liv Tyler, Tim Blake Nelson, Ed Norton, and Tim Roth.  William Hurt was a curious choice of casting in a campy, comic, explosion, extravaganza.  His quiet simmer and terse delivery seemed a bit out of place at times. 

For anyone out there that wants to have a grand ole' time at the movies watching a plot that flows along well enough while enjoying some of the best special effects around (there is a real humanity to CGI Hulk).  Go see this movie.  If you were one of the people burned by Ang Lee's Hulk, this is a completely different movie.  Its much better.  And to any Marvel fan who'll pick up on the foreshadowing, and be jumping out of their seat when Robert Downey Jr. enters the room as Tony Stark and realize that the entire friggin' Marvel Universe is going to be laid out for all of us to see, FINALLY!  GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

HULK -- A-
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
Thank you Skand, I thought this movie a great as well and I am not afraid to say it out did Iron Man easily!

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 08:07:56 PM »
I'm not sure how i feel about this film since i really liked ang lees reinterpretation of it :)