Author Topic: KG to the Lakers?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
KG to the Lakers?
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:32:16 AM »
Durring PJ's media day interview he was asked about the rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics.  PJ said he has never been a part of the rivalry but he did state the story for him and the currently Lakers was that they, the Lakers, had the inside track on KG before the season but he ended up going to the CELTICS.  PJ said that was the interesting part for him, going up against the guy who they thought would be a Laker.

I don't remember how hot the KG to LA talk was but I was surprised to hear PJ talk about it durring his press conference interview.  Kobe and KG would have been devastating.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:56:52 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KG to the Lakers?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:49:20 AM »
Inside track my culo  :D

Does anyone actually believe that Kevin McHale was going to hand the Los Angeles Lakers Kevin Garnett?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »

Does anyone actually believe that Kevin McHale was going to hand the Los Angeles Lakers Kevin Garnett?

For Bynum, Crittenton, Kwame's Expiring Contract and draft picks?  SURE!  The Lakers would have had a serious hole in the middle so Bynum probably would not have been included.  Unlike Memphis, McHale wasnted some talent back.  IMO having Gasol and Bynum is better than having KG with no Bynum.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

For Bynum, Crittenton, Kwame's Expiring Contract and draft picks?  SURE!  The Lakers would have had a serious hole in the middle so Bynum probably would not have been included.  Unlike Memphis, McHale wasnted some talent back.  IMO having Gasol and Bynum is better than having KG with no Bynum.

It's always good to have more then one body as a back up.  Gasol's offensive skills and Bynum's defensive/rebounding skills I think exceed what KG brings to the court.  That obviously says a lot about KG as it takes two players to bring more to the table then he does.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 10:41:57 AM »
It's always good to have more then one body as a back up.  Gasol's offensive skills and Bynum's defensive/rebounding skills I think exceed what KG brings to the court.  That obviously says a lot about KG as it takes two players to bring more to the table then he does.

It also says a lot about Duncan that he would bring more to the table than Gasol and Bynum.  All the offense of Gasol and all the defense of Bynum. 

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"