Author Topic: Movie(s) You Don't Mess With the Zohan  (Read 792 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie(s) You Don't Mess With the Zohan
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
I think we're finally going to have a winner come out.  It's been a while since the mainstream put out a good movie.  My only beef is that the trailers give away too much.

Indy Jones - i havent had much interest and the reviews i got did nothing to change that.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* docu on steroid abuse in the USA.  Dont know what they could say we dont already know but anyone seen this?

Made of Honor. Randy, westkoast?

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay. Skandery, WoW?  jk :D

The Visitor?

War Inc?  Dont think so but anybody seen it?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Movie(s) You Don't Mess With the Zohan
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »
Zohan:
Some hilarious parodies of anti terrorism/superhero movies and Israeli-Jewish sterotypes in the 1st half hour.  When he gets the haircutting gig its pretty funny too, altho what goes on after the haircuts is way overblown and unneccessary to the plot.  Off limits for children absolutely.

Goes from over the top funny to a little boring IMO.  Rob Schneider again gets a side role that ends up being way too much air time.  What he does could be condensed into a couple 30 second stretches, instead its his overbearing self again.  Guess it kind of fits tho.

Ditto Turranto or however you spell it.  He is okay, but gets way too much airtime in the latter half.  Nick Swardson OTOH plays his side role well.

The Hammas telephone orderline is pretty funny.

Good message in the end.

Overall:  2 1/2 out of 4