Author Topic: Keys to game 4 Lakers @ Spurs  (Read 833 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Keys to game 4 Lakers @ Spurs
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »
Spurs:
Manu - Has to have a decent game.
Bowen - Has to stay out of foul trouble guarding Kobe.
Fabs - Has to play solid D on Odom and help control the boards for the Spurs.
Someone other than Parker and TD has to score and keep the Lakers honest on both TD and TP.
The entire team has to keep the energy up the entire game so Pop needs to use his bench wisely.

Lakers:
Kobe - Needs to get to the FT line.  Kobe needs to maintain a good balance of scoring and facilitating.  Odom, Gasol and Fish need to get some good shots and keep their heads in the game.
Gasol - Needs to do SOMETHING to slow TD down, either on defense of offense.
Odom - Has to have a solid game and not disappear ala SubparManu.
Bench - Needs to show up.

IMO the Spurs are going to step up and win this game.  The Lakers just don't have the focus right now to compete in SA.  I HATE that the Lakers offense dictates their defense, it should be the other way around and IMO that is going to cost them in this game.

I am going to keep an eye on the two critical role players, Manu and Odom, they will determine the flow and eventual outcome of the game.

Good luck, post to you after the game!

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Keys to game 4 Lakers @ Spurs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
I am going to keep an eye on the two critical role players, Manu and Odom, they will determine the flow and eventual outcome of the game.

This "matchup" of each team's #3 player will determine the series.  Whichever of the two comes through the most in the next 4 (or less) games will see thier team advance.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »
This "matchup" of each team's #3 player will determine the series.  Whichever of the two comes through the most in the next 4 (or less) games will see thier team advance.

It's a bit tougher to guage Odom, he doesn't carry the team every now and then the way Manu does at times.  Odom rarely touches the ball, let alone take the game winning shot in uber-one-possestion-crunch-time.  Odom with the 2nd unit is critical, which IMO is where he falters because he is the first option in that situation.  I know the two man game with Kobe and Pau is key but I would like to see more of Kobe/Odom or Pau/Odom to keep the pressure off Odom instead of having Kobe/Pau go in and out of the lineup together.  Odom tends to wilt when the focus is on him, something that does not seem to bother Manu.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
Lakers:
Kobe - Needs to get to the FT line. 
Kobe currently doubles the FTAs of any playoff participants, holding an ave of about 12 per game to 6 for Timmy Dunks.  Concur that Kobe needs to get back to three or four times the amount of attempts compared to the opposition.