Author Topic: Gm 7 Spurs at Hornets  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Gm 7 Spurs at Hornets
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:09:11 AM »
It's set.

Why is this game on Monday and not Sat or much more appropriately Sunday?  After tonights Utah-Lakers Gm 6, The Lakers Marketing Networks are also having a would-be game 7 on Monday, so we can rule out scheduling conflict.  Spurs-Hornets Gm 6 over on Thurs, Lakers-Jazz Gm 6 not even played until Fri yet both 7s on Monday.  Oh well.

Kind of mixed how i feel about the Thurs-Monday gap.  Lets the Spurs rest which you would think would be to their advantage.  Otoh it lets David West recover from his bumps.  Anyway on to the game.

Pop-a-Cement chose to more or less stick with 4 Dumb, esp in the 3rd qtr of Gm 6.  Manu was on fire with timely treys, Duncans shots were falling and just as importantly New Orleans were not.  They did pull within 5 a couple times.  If New OrLs shots fall again in Gm 7 like they have every Hornets home game, i predict Cement will stand dumbfounded in the 3rd qtr as usual.  Really there is no doubt of that, as his post game 5 comments "i don't know, i have no idea" summerize.  He may think he was being glip and cutsey, but in this case he wasn't.  No clue but still wont give power to a Tex Winters type.  Sad.  The dynasty depends on adjustments.  Seems like 3rd qtr of Gm 7 will be telling.

Manu.  Skandery did you catch yet another SuperManu perfomance in Gm 6?*  Those treys came when the Hornets were about to steal momentum back from Poppycock and his Martyball 4 Dumb ways with the Spurs 12 pt lead dwindled to 5.

*Rick Bucher reported that Manus ankle improved from 80% to 96.2% for Game 6.  That explains it.

Ime Udoka was huge off the bench, i think he fits well vs Hornets and hope CementHead utilizes him again in 7.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gm 7 Spurs at Hornets
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:57:15 AM »
Let me get this straight....

Popavich is an idiot because he went with the "4 dumb" offense....but that is where they made their push in game 6 AND that is the quarter they struggled in BIG TIME the previous 3 loses.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:58:57 AM »

Popavich is an idiot because he went with the "4 dumb" offense....but that is where they made their push in game 6 AND that is the quarter they struggled in BIG TIME the previous 3 loses.....

Let Manu run point with Udoka in the game as well, that seemed to make a difference when Tony was doing more damage being in the game than being out.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
In keeping with the spirit of this thread (ridiculously dim)...

It doesn't matter what Pop-a-cement does.  Sternfish has everything planned to crown the new elite PG superstar in the league.  Dick Bavetta, one of Sternfish's and Stu Pid Jackson's best goons will make sure that Dicky makes the key plays down the stretch in a close game.  Pop-a-cement will go postal and get two Ts and be ejected as the Spurs lose by those 2 points.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »

The Spurs 'push" was definitely Manus treys, along with New Orl missing shots that they make in New Orleans.  Not 4 Dumb.
The previous 3 losses featured 4 Dumb run in the 3rd qtr.  When the Hornets made their "push". ::)

Dim
It doesn't matter what Pop-a-cement does.  Sternfish has everything planned to crown the new elite PG superstar in the league.  Dick Bavetta, one of Sternfish's and Stu Pid Jackson's best goons will make sure that Dicky makes the key plays down the stretch in a close game.  Pop-a-cement will go postal and get two Ts and be ejected as the Spurs lose by those 2 points.
Agree, prepare for more of this.

At least he actually gets hit in this play, albeit barely. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:16:15 AM »

Let Manu run point with Udoka in the game as well, that seemed to make a difference when Tony was doing more damage being in the game than being out.

::)

Fabs should run the point power forward position.  Duncan at the 2 to hit 3s like he did against PHX.  BarDAWG at the 3.  Thomas at the 4 to take jump shots and Horry at the 5 for 3s.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »

The Spurs 'push" was definitely Manus treys, along with New Orl missing shots that they make in New Orleans.  Not 4 Dumb.
The previous 3 losses featured 4 Dumb run in the 3rd qtr.  When the Hornets made their "push". ::)

Dim
It doesn't matter what Pop-a-cement does.  Sternfish has everything planned to crown the new elite PG superstar in the league.  Dick Bavetta, one of Sternfish's and Stu Pid Jackson's best goons will make sure that Dicky makes the key plays down the stretch in a close game.  Pop-a-cement will go postal and get two Ts and be ejected as the Spurs lose by those 2 points.

Hmmm.....So what your saying is the Spurs DEFENSE made the push in the 3rd.  The Hornets were missing shots because of pressure which allowed them to pull away.

Maybe you shouldn't get your coffee at Mcdonalds and start going back to Starbucks.  You seem to be contradicting things you've said in the past which is 4 dumb hurts the Spurs and offense is more important then their defense.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »

At least CP gets up right away, Manu would have been on the floor at least 5 minutes like he had been stabbed in the gut.  I've actually seen the Spurs trainers send the kid handing out Gatorade onto the court when Manu goes down cause they know it's all drama.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »
Fabs is cheap btw.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
Fabs is cheap btw.

At least he isn't a soft Spanaird.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »
That wasn't cheap. That was Chris Paul being a wuss. Too bad he went down, he almost landed a really nice triple axel there.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 12:13:16 PM »
^^  :D
Blades of Glory Napoleon Dynomite guy.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »
Hmmm.....So what your saying is the Spurs DEFENSE made the push in the 3rd.  The Hornets were missing shots because of pressure which allowed them to pull away. 
Same exact defense the Spurs played in 3 losses at New Orl.
Excellent mocha.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »
At least CP gets up right away, Manu would have been on the floor at least 5 minutes like he had been stabbed in the gut.  I've actually seen the Spurs trainers send the kid handing out Gatorade onto the court when Manu goes down cause they know it's all drama.
Or maybe Manu drop to all fours and clasp his back for dramatic effect after missing shot after shot.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »
Same exact defense the Spurs played in 3 losses at New Orl.
Excellent mocha.

Wrong!

Game 1 & 2 - Bowen guarded Paul.  Adjustment made before game 3.

Game 6 - Fab starts in Thomas' place and Duncan switched to guard West. 

And then there was another adjustment last night although much subtler.  On high pick & rolls Fab and Thomas showed strong in the second half forcing Paul to go out further from the basket and making passes over the top tougher.  But for a boxscore watcher this type of adjustment is hard to see. 
-Moody Blues