Author Topic: Good luck Spurs fans, can't wait for the game tonight.  (Read 2093 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Good luck Spurs fans, can't wait for the game tonight.
« on: May 15, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
Will the Hornets show they are ready to take the next step or will the Spurs show the heart of a champion?  IMO the Spurs have an advantage if the series goes to a game 7.  While I have been surprised that the Hornets have not already collapsed, I am still expecting a freshmen performance in a critical game.  The Hornets have yet to be put in a situation where their backs are against the wall, props to them for playing well enough to not be put in that situation but I still want to see how they would react to that situation.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Good luck Spurs fans, can't wait for the game tonight.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »
Hopefully they kick the crap out of the Hornets and really put the pressure on them for game 7.  Not just because I want to see the Spurs advance but I think the Hornets really need a playoff trouncing to take it to the next level.

Should be an excellent game tonight!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
yeah we will kick the crap out of them...... >:( >:( >:(

But I wil just get my tackle box ready and put my life vest on for good measure...Bait - check, hooks - check, rod - check, beer - DOH!!! ;) ;) ;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:36:01 PM »
Spurs are going to need all the luck they can get, since the Hornets have shown the ability to outplay them.

Experience is over-rated, savvy and smarts can only take you so far. Chris Paul has been unstoppable, and the Spurs have no answer for him.  Somehow, that has been the story, the Spurs have done their thing, the Hornets theirs and here we are 3-2 NO.

It is up to Pop to adjust, really he needs to find a way to get more scoring out of his team- just better shots and hope that Horry or Finley or whoever gets a hot hand to help out the big three. And, just as important, they need to find a way to slow Paul.  I think that will be the hard part, Tony Parker can't do it, and neither can anyone else.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »

Experience is over-rated, savvy and smarts can only take you so far.

Ladies and gentlemen, another stupid, idiotic, moronic post, brought to you by none other than Minnie Me
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »
Spurs are going to need all the luck they can get, since the Hornets have shown the ability to outplay them.

Experience is over-rated, savvy and smarts can only take you so far. Chris Paul has been unstoppable, and the Spurs have no answer for him.  Somehow, that has been the story, the Spurs have done their thing, the Hornets theirs and here we are 3-2 NO.

It is up to Pop to adjust, really he needs to find a way to get more scoring out of his team- just better shots and hope that Horry or Finley or whoever gets a hot hand to help out the big three. And, just as important, they need to find a way to slow Paul.  I think that will be the hard part, Tony Parker can't do it, and neither can anyone else.

I wouldn't say its overrated but I would say that it's not the be all end all.  Especially in this series.  The Hornets have completely ignored the fact they have 0 experience and the Spurs have it all.  Major props need to be given to Byron Scott for whatever he is telling these guys in the locker room.  It's like they are channeling his playoff experience because he has more then the entire squad combined  :D

Pop can't adjust because the game plan isn't the problem.  It's the execution and lack of energy coming out of the locker room at half time when the crowd is not behind them.  When they execute the game plan they win.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »
Spare me the experience is overrated nonsense, it is NOT overrated, youth and energy just inevitably overtake experience, plain and simple. The Spurs look old and slow, particularly the bench, there was a time when they could keep up with the Hornets, those days are gone. If they can force a half court game, which they did in games 3 and 4, their experience is too much for NO.

The big 3 can only do so much, if they have no help, and against a younger faster team, it is just not enough. We may not be witnessing the rise of NO as much as we are witnessing father time finally catching up with the Spurs.

Don't make yourself sound as stupid as Minnie Me, Koast, you will disappoint me
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:04:19 PM »
Spare me the experience is overrated nonsense, it is NOT overrated, youth and energy just inevitably overtake experience, plain and simple. The Spurs look old and slow, particularly the bench, there was a time when they could keep up with the Hornets, those days are gone. If they can force a half court game, which they did in games 3 and 4, their experience is too much for NO.

The big 3 can only do so much, if they have no help, and against a younger faster team, it is just not enough. We may not be witnessing the rise of NO as much as we are witnessing father time finally catching up with the Spurs.

Don't make yourself sound as stupid as Minnie Me, Koast, you will disappoint me

I never said it was overrated.  I just don't think it's everything.  This series proves that.  I still think experience in the playoffs is important.  There does have to be times where younger teams with no experience gain some beating another that has lots. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »
Well I think poise and experience really make a difference with the Hornets tonight.  The Hornets just fell apart when things did not go their way.  Shots were not falling, bad passing and poor defense and they were still in it.  But when the Spurs picked up their effort the Hornets just folded.  They could not get it going when it mattered most and got blown out.

All the pressure is on the Hornets.  You don't need experience when your game is flowiing to the tune of a double digit lead.  Now game 7 is a do or die and the Hornets have not been put in that situation before in the playoffs.  IMO the Spurs have the advantage because of their experience, if the Hornets can not build up a big lead in NO I think they will start to feel a ton of pressure and fold.

Too bad we have to wait until Monday.  That is a good thing for both teams, the Spurs are old and need rest and the Hornets looked banged up and they need the rest as well.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
Well I think poise and experience really make a difference with the Hornets tonight.  The Hornets just fell apart when things did not go their way.  Shots were not falling, bad passing and poor defense and they were still in it.  But when the Spurs picked up their effort the Hornets just folded.  They could not get it going when it mattered most and got blown out.

All the pressure is on the Hornets.  You don't need experience when your game is flowiing to the tune of a double digit lead.  Now game 7 is a do or die and the Hornets have not been put in that situation before in the playoffs.  IMO the Spurs have the advantage because of their experience, if the Hornets can not build up a big lead in NO I think they will start to feel a ton of pressure and fold.

Too bad we have to wait until Monday.  That is a good thing for both teams, the Spurs are old and need rest and the Hornets looked banged up and they need the rest as well.

I don't know if I buy into the whole "game seven pressure" thing.  The Spurs need to come out of that half time ready to run and defend.  The way thing are going for teams on the road I don't know that we could pull it off.  I hope Manu is on fire because IMO, THAT would be the straw that broke the camels back.  If Manu is making 3's and driving in and getting to the foul line then I would say we got a good chance....of course help from players like Udoka, fins, brent would also help but I think the biggest thing is for Manu to show up at the top of his game for us...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »

I don't know if I buy into the whole "game seven pressure" thing.  The Spurs need to come out of that half time ready to run and defend.  The way thing are going for teams on the road I don't know that we could pull it off.  I hope Manu is on fire because IMO, THAT would be the straw that broke the camels back.  If Manu is making 3's and driving in and getting to the foul line then I would say we got a good chance....of course help from players like Udoka, fins, brent would also help but I think the biggest thing is for Manu to show up at the top of his game for us...

I think Parker summed up the experience issue best...
Breaking things down simply one last time, Parker said: "If we can't keep it close, experience won't help us. If we can keep it close, [experience] can help us. We have played a Game 7 before."

If the game is close going down the wire then experience can make a big difference.  The other point in a game where experience can make a difference is when a couple calls go against you and you make a couple mistakes...then experience can help you keep your cool.  Last night's 3rd quarter showed that NO...especially West...was losing some composure.

BTW any thoughts on Horry's "big shot"?  It is funny to read some of the other boards where Hornets fans and others say it was intentional.  Some even go as far as saying that Pop called for Horry to punch West in the back to take him out of the series.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

Breaking things down simply one last time, Parker said: "If we can't keep it close, experience won't help us. If we can keep it close, [experience] can help us. We have played a Game 7 before."

If the game is close going down the wire then experience can make a big difference.  The other point in a game where experience can make a difference is when a couple calls go against you and you make a couple mistakes...then experience can help you keep your cool.  Last night's 3rd quarter showed that NO...especially West...was losing some composure.

BTW any thoughts on Horry's "big shot"?  It is funny to read some of the other boards where Hornets fans and others say it was intentional.  Some even go as far as saying that Pop called for Horry to punch West in the back to take him out of the series.

Horry is crafty, but I DON'T think that THAT shot was intentional.  I think Bob was probably surprised to see West crumple like that.  I just hope West does not pull a Kobe on us and come back like nothing happenned.   

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 11:09:37 AM »

Excellent point by Tony Parker and he said what I wish I could have said  :D

That makes up for the sweater in the press conference.  It looked like when someone's mom sends them to elementry school in a dorky sweater for picture day.  Whatever you got to do to make Eva happy I guess.....

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 12:10:36 PM »
That makes up for the sweater in the press conference.  It looked like when someone's mom sends them to elementry school in a dorky sweater for picture day.  Whatever you got to do to make Eva happy I guess.....

It is called being "European".  And if you had to wear clothes like that you would develop a knack for flopping like all the Euros do.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 12:35:23 PM »

It is called being "European".  And if you had to wear clothes like that you would develop a knack for flopping like all the Euros do.   ;)

Well here in the states it is called "4th grade picture day"

Speaking of Horry's "big shot" I don't think it was done on purpose nor did Pop tell him to take David out of the series.  People should know that no one in the Spurs organization would ever condone such a thing.