Author Topic: Stupid Boozer  (Read 5841 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Stupid Boozer
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 11:53:55 AM »
Randy, WOW at least gets perverse, sadistic pleasure out of getting under people's skin and is most of the time funny, you sir are an idiot!

"most of the time"?  F-U you towel headed, carpet flying, school bus bombing, camel fornicating, puppy killing Allah freak!  How can a true servant of Allah root for a team based in the fornicating capitol of the evil Christian empire?

Lyk-em-liii-kyue-lyk-em my brother!  Peace be upon you.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:00:05 PM »
"most of the time"?  F-U you towel headed, carpet flying, school bus bombing, camel fornicating, puppy killing Allah freak!  How can a true servant of Allah root for a team based in the fornicating capitol of the evil Christian empire?

Lyk-em-liii-kyue-lyk-em my brother!  Peace be upon you.

Like I said, most of the time.

;)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 12:01:41 PM »
Look, maybe there's something I missed. But that angle sure seemed telling. And the more times I watched it, the more clear it was: Okur did flop.

Ouch!  I thought he exagerated but not flopped.  There was enough contact to warrant a foul.  I guess it was pure flop and a blown opportunity on Okur's part.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »
Hope they call it the same in Utah, I doubt it, it's only because of the Utah refs that the Jazz are even in this series, this could have been a sweep, it should have been over in 5 but game 4 was bought by the Jazz.

WoW, you need to get a grip. We expect this kind of stuff from Randy, but seeing it from you is out of the norm. You are never this biased. The "Utah refs," "bought by the Jazz." Weak shyte bro. Are you forgetting Games 1 and 2 where the calls went for the most part against the Jazz? It's become the reality of this series, and if it continues, the Lakers will win, so JUST STOP THE BITCHING!

Randy, I don't know where to start with your ridiculous post. I guess I'll just take it step by step.

It's funny to hear Jazz fans complain about getting more fouls called on them then their opponents

Did Skander complain about that? I'm not sure he did. I thought he was responding to the comment that Okur should have fouled out in the third quarter. And I'm pretty sure he said "the Jazz deserved to lose". I know I'm not complaining about that. I know the Jazz play a physical style. I expect them to have more fouls called on them. They foul people more. In fact, I'm not complaining about the missed Gasol call. Stuff like that happens, and teams get those kinds of no-calls on their home court. I'm not sure Skander even complained about getting more fouls called on them. If you can show where a Jazz fan said that, I'll rescind this comment. But I think you're manufacturing an argument . . . again.

Okur is the leagues worst about pushing defenders in the back to garner the rebound -- he does it almost every single play and I think got called for it twice that night.

Really? Almost every single play? Every time he is involved in a play he pushes someone in the back. You are ridiculous.

There's a reason why the Jazz got so many foul calls last night -- it's because they deserve them.

I can agree with that. You're not revealing hidden truth here Maestro.

They want to play that way but then want to whine about getting called for fouls?

I heard them complain about the Gasol call. Did they complain about the number of foul calls? I missed that quote. Can you provide it? Without pulling it out of your ass, that is?

The Lakers were hurting last night -- you could tell Kobe was feeling it although he did a great job of leading the team and becoming a facilitator and not trying to push it like he did in OT in game #4.

Yes he did.

Of course, I'm expecting the Jazz to get homecooking on their own home court.  Here's betting that the officiating calls a game very similar to game #4.

If the officiating of this series continues the same as the first 5 games, I would suspect you are right. There will be home cooking.

I'll tell you one thing. If you guys keep going the way you're going and the Jazz somehow pull out two straight to win the series, we are going to see a BITCHFEST unrivaled by anything even the great Reality has ever done on this or any message board.

Oh yeah, and Reality will probably fall into a coma from acute, excessive glee.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Look, maybe there's something I missed. But that angle sure seemed telling. And the more times I watched it, the more clear it was: Okur did flop.

Ouch!  I thought he exagerated but not flopped.  There was enough contact to warrant a foul.  I guess it was pure flop and a blown opportunity on Okur's part.

Still haven't watched that angle. If Okur did flop rather than at least try to get the ball, then Skander is right, the Jazz deserve to lose.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
Here's my brief two cents ...

I thought the refs were pretty awful, especially considering the inconsistencies of the calls.

I only saw the the second half, but the entire third quarter seemed like a football game - and the refs let practically EVERYTHING go.  If I have one problem with the game of basketball, it's that there's too many ticky-tack fouls called, so I liked that they let the teams play.

The fourth quarter, though, was the antithesis of its predecessor.  The one that I found especially funny was the Odom dunk and one.  Did Boozer breathe on him on his way to the basket?  Was it supposed to be a hold?

As I said, I thought the refs were horribly inconsistent.  It's like an umpire calling balls and strikes: you want the same strike zone for both teams, and you want it to be consistent from the beginning of the game to the end of the game.

And I thought that was the one area where the referees were lacking.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 07:45:32 PM »
Here's my brief two cents ...

I thought the refs were pretty awful, especially considering the inconsistencies of the calls.

I only saw the the second half, but the entire third quarter seemed like a football game - and the refs let practically EVERYTHING go.  If I have one problem with the game of basketball, it's that there's too many ticky-tack fouls called, so I liked that they let the teams play.

The fourth quarter, though, was the antithesis of its predecessor.  The one that I found especially funny was the Odom dunk and one.  Did Boozer breathe on him on his way to the basket?  Was it supposed to be a hold?

As I said, I thought the refs were horribly inconsistent.  It's like an umpire calling balls and strikes: you want the same strike zone for both teams, and you want it to be consistent from the beginning of the game to the end of the game.

And I thought that was the one area where the referees were lacking.

Great post, Wolverine.  I agree with everything you stated.  The inconsistency is what drives me crazy!  To this point I think fans on both sides agree that the refs have allowed the home team to be more physical for the most part.  It would be nice to see it called the same way on both sides of the floor regardless of venue.  Is that too much to ask? 

That Odom play was a phantom call on Boozer.  I didn't see a foul in real time, then on the replay I was like "okaaay, I'll take it!".  Bad call though, no doubt. 

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
Objective Laker Posters DO EXIST!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
Some yahoo board stuff.  That 4th quarter was obvious to everyone it seems. 

====================================
As a Lakers fan, I can even agree with Chris M - some of those calls were iffy. On the other hand, this is what the Jazz do to themselves - they've got the reputation, so they've earned this 'special' treatment.
I'm a Lakers fan, and I can say that only one official seemed a little too anxious to call fouls: Tommy Washington. He called that AK47 *shove* on Sasha. He called that foul on Gasol when Boozer banged him 3 times in the chest with a shoulder and ended up tripping over Gasol's wasted body on the floor. And he had a couple other questionable calls that I can't quite remember the details on, but thought *thanks, that really helps the Lakers*. Delaney and Javie seemed fine to me, but maybe I just didn't catch their mishaps.
As a Laker fan i will completely admit the officiating was horrible last night. Lakers definately got away with a few foul calls.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Objective Laker Posters DO EXIST!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »

As a Lakers fan, I can even agree with Chris M - some of those calls were iffy. On the other hand, this is what the Jazz do to themselves - they've got the reputation, so they've earned this 'special' treatment.
I'm a Lakers fan, and I can say that only one official seemed a little too anxious to call fouls: Tommy Washington. He called that AK47 *shove* on Sasha. He called that foul on Gasol when Boozer banged him 3 times in the chest with a shoulder and ended up tripping over Gasol's wasted body on the floor. And he had a couple other questionable calls that I can't quite remember the details on, but thought *thanks, that really helps the Lakers*. Delaney and Javie seemed fine to me, but maybe I just didn't catch their mishaps.
As a Laker fan i will completely admit the officiating was horrible last night. Lakers definately got away with a few foul calls.

Why don't you take up the DVR offer?  I would love to go play by play with timestamps a point out all the bs calls the Jazz got in that same game, let alone the Utah home games.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »
Where and When!

If SoCal, Let me know when the comp'ed round-tripper comes in the mail.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Objective Laker Posters DO EXIST!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »

You ventured all the way to the yahoo board to hear what we already said here?   In this very thread I said that there were some questionable calls on AK (ticky tack is the phrase I used) and we also talked about how they let things go or calls evened themselves out?  Getting away with a few calls in 48 minutes is not 'horrible' officiating.  Considering that the Jazz also got away with a few no-calls on what they were doing.

I disagree with Wolv and msc.  The refs did a decent job on Wednesday.  When both teams are playing hard and there is a lot of bumping/pushing/shoving it is very hard for 3 refs to watch 10 players all at the same time.  You guys say they let too much go but if they would have called things a tiny bit tighter it would have been a free throw fest the entire game.  I will conceed that they waited until the 10 minute mark in the 4th to try to control the game from getting to chippy but other then that I think they did a decent job.  There was a fine line in that game of what was enough contact and too much contact.  Been like that the whole series.

Tonight you will see the Jazz get home cooking.  Since Skandery has been whining so much in this thread we all will have to pay close attention to each call then yell at the Jazz fans for 'crying' even tho we are the one making the most posts about the bad calls going against our team  ;)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
Where and When!

If SoCal, Let me know when the comp'ed round-tripper comes in the mail.

You don't have DVR's in Saudi Arabia or where ever you are located?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
When you're as deep into these Himalayan caves as I am, shipping gets difficult. 

Honestly I'm surprised you got 'em in El Salvadore or whatever much less the fact you know how to use one.  Mucho pimpin' homes.     

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
Okay Skander . . . watch this.

WoW, you stupid Aztec, stop going after my homey Skander with your weak ethnic slurs!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
Okay Skander . . . watch this.

WoW, you stupid Aztec, stop going after my homey Skander with your weak ethnic slurs!

Aztec?  The only good Aztec is a dead one!

Even a 12 year old knows the difference between an Aztec and Zapotec!  In fact why don't you ask wife #3 if you don't believe me!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"