Author Topic: Spurs game 1 loss.  (Read 11700 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs game 1 loss.
« on: May 04, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
Sucks to lose game one, I think we are ok to win this in 6 though.  Game one was just a bad game, the guys had it going until that fire stunt.  Then the hornets were just a lot tougher then the Spurs were, Tim spent too much time complaining, and the team was not getting offensive rebounds.  They looked great on the defensive rebounds, but not so much on the O.  I think the Spurs need to play tough if they are going to beat this young team.  Credit Byron Scott for getting his team to be prepared and come out with a few tricks (like CP3 trying to get Bowen fouled by faking the shove.)  B Scott seems like a huge upgrade coaching wise than D'Antoni was, Pops got his work cut out for him it looks like. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Spurs game 1 loss.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »
Sucks to lose game one, I think we are ok to win this in 6 though.  Game one was just a bad game, the guys had it going until that fire stunt.  Then the hornets were just a lot tougher then the Spurs were, Tim spent too much time complaining, and the team was not getting offensive rebounds.  They looked great on the defensive rebounds, but not so much on the O.  I think the Spurs need to play tough if they are going to beat this young team.  Credit Byron Scott for getting his team to be prepared and come out with a few tricks (like CP3 trying to get Bowen fouled by faking the shove.)  B Scott seems like a huge upgrade coaching wise than D'Antoni was, Pops got his work cut out for him it looks like. 

Agreed on B Scott.  The Hornets are NOT going to be outcoached, the Spurs are going to have to outplay them to win.  The Hornets keep surprising me by not folding and they keep wining despite not having much in the form of talent.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
Everything West and Peja threw up fell in.  I'm not saying it's greasy, as West has done it 10Xs this year and Peja has had a lot of good games, certainly renewed as a Hornet.  I am saying i do not look for both of them to shoot like that in the same game again this series.  Maybe one more game but that still leaves room for 4-2 Spurs if they pull their head out.

48-37 lead and Spurs go into half court offense.  Retarded to the 10th power.  Should have continued Parker running and outscored the Hornets.  So the Spurs win 115-105, is that so wrong?  Spare me the "defense only wins championships".  8 game minutes later (or so) and the Spurs had made one basket.  Stuck at 49 points for i dont know how long.  This included retarded offensive plays coming out of a timeout, the alleged true test of offensive coaching accumen.  That's complete b.s. and yes Scott worked Poppycock big time.  Shades of Avery Johnson getting Pop to take the bait 2006 and adjust to them.

Credit Byron Scott for getting his team to be prepared and come out with a few tricks (like CP3 trying to get Bowen fouled by faking the shove.) 
  I discredit him for bush league b.s. and hope Bowen slaps CP3 upside the head while making it look like a strip ball attempt.  It's beyond bullcrap when you take flopping to clock stopped time.  What has the NBA come to? :'(  Same with CP3s pussified Reggie Miller type kick out attempt then pouting and glaring Derek Swisher style to try to get the call.  rrrrr get that crap out!  Best way to do that is outplay the Hornets and win.

I can only hope pouty Duncan is thoroughly embarrassed and will come back monster.  He always has.  His outstretched arms and bug eyed glares have become fodder for opponents dbs.  tsk tsk. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »
It's beyond bullcrap when you take flopping to clock stopped time.  What has the NBA come to? :'(  Same with CP3s pussified Reggie Miller type kick out attempt then pouting and glaring Derek Swisher style to try to get the call.

You must hate the way DraManu plays then cause he's the biggest offender in the WC now that Cassell went East.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
^^ have never seen Manu go up to a player with the clock stopped and try to draw some flagrant.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:00:22 PM »
The Spurs need to play tough against a young team that thinks they now what playing tough is all about, I mean if the league is gonna let that stuff fly in game 1, the Spurs have players that can play tough right back.  I think they were surprised by the hornets in game 1.  I hope they come back ready to play, and yes, I hope tim comes back and plays like he should have played.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 12:35:19 AM »
Okay, here is me laughing at ANYONE who wants me to feel bad for someone taking a cheap shot at Bruce Bowen.  The guy has made his living off of playing that way -- what goes around comes around.

I enjoyed the game -- the Hornets did a good job of keeping TD off balance and keeping Parker out of the lane (well, not completely but they did do a pretty good job at it).  I think they match up well against the Spurs and taking the first game was a great confidence builder for this young inexperienced team.  I believe TD will bounce back but if they can keep pressure on the Spurs shooters (they need to do a better job on Bowen than they did today) and keep Parker from driving the middle of the lane, they have a real shot to take the series.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 02:06:13 AM »
I dont think anyone would ask you, or anyone else for that mater, to feel bad about Bruce getting hurt.  However, I think the Hornets are opening a can of worms by messing with a team of veterans that knows a few tricks themselves when it comes to tough play....I would be worried if we did not come out and play tough ball against them.

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 06:13:04 AM »
man, i love the Spurs fans.

I wonder how big the Hornets series lead has to grow until the "they can't do any better and we can't do any worse" talks stop ...
 ;D
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »
It's not denial.  It's what happens when your team has won a few titles that makes you realize that you are not on the ropes after one bad game.  Laker fans can understand what I am talking about.  Only a moron would see this game loss as a series ender.  How can ANY team win a title if it has not had to over come some kind of obstacle in front of it?  The Spurs have done this before, the Hornets have not, I would expect that the experience we have had before would help us to overcome this young team.  I am not saying they are not good, they are good, we just need to play better and make some adjustments.  Like I said, if the team comes out and allows itself to be pushed around again I would start to be worried at that point. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »
man, i love the Spurs fans.

I wonder how big the Hornets series lead has to grow until the "they can't do any better and we can't do any worse" talks stop ...
 ;D
You will learn yung-un....

Spurs = Tough Play
Hornets = Cheap Shots

Spurs = Savy
Hornets = Floppers

For the same exact plays.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
I did not say they had any "cheap shots" I said the hornets played tougher.  They did.  Now I hope our guys play tough right back with them and not look like the "milk money" days of old...

;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
Didn't get to watch the game at all (spaced on the time) but really do you expect Tim Duncan to have single digit rebounds and points for the rest of the playoffs?!

Once again it has to be mentioned...Byron Scott is not Mike D'Antoni.  One of the adjusments made by Byron for game 2 was to have a very light practice after watching game tape because his plan of attack is to run the legs out from under the Spurs to use the teams youth to their advantage.   Not that this was a EUREKA idea or anything.  Just sticking to his game plan and making small tweaks to try to give his team an edge.  No switching things up like going away from what they've done for the past few years like all the sudden deciding its time to post up Tyson Chandler all night lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
I just hope I don't have to post: "Spurs game 2 loss" on a new thread tomorrow.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »
^^ We were talking about whether or not this is a "must win" for the Spurs.

I say yes.