Author Topic: To what extent is SuperManu injured?  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: To what extent is SuperManu injured?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
I watched the entire game idiot.  Kind of hard to pay attention to a player when hes either 1) not on the floor due to foul trouble or 2) is not making an impact on the game on the offensive end.  He drove perfectly fine to me...only difference is he wasn't hitting shots.  Maybe on your rainbow dish network they give you a MANU-CAM where you focus in on him and only him.  For the rest of us, he did his typical ghost move.

And you can't blame the poor game on his groin...blame it on being in foul trouble.

Randal  It's hilarious -- Manu has a bad game and it's all about injuries!  It's funny when you quote "locker room sources" when you really should be saying "I'm making all this crap up and calling it my locker room source."  If Manu wasn't healthy enough to play, Pop wouldn't have played him.  Everybody plays with injuries -- Kobe was told to have surgury on his hand, Fish is playing hurt -- tons of people who aren't a Laker or a Spur.  It's truly hilarious when you come on here to post that Manu is injured after EVERY bad game he has.  It's a good thing that Manu isn't required to carry the Spurs, isn't it?
  Ric Bucher and ESPN saying repeatedly last night that Manu is playing at 80% due to his ankle injury.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »
I watched the entire game idiot.  Kind of hard to pay attention to a player when hes either 1) not on the floor due to foul trouble or 2) is not making an impact on the game on the offensive end.  He drove perfectly fine to me...only difference is he wasn't hitting shots.  Maybe on your rainbow dish network they give you a MANU-CAM where you focus in on him and only him.  For the rest of us, he did his typical ghost move.

And you can't blame the poor game on his groin...blame it on being in foul trouble.

Randal  It's hilarious -- Manu has a bad game and it's all about injuries!  It's funny when you quote "locker room sources" when you really should be saying "I'm making all this crap up and calling it my locker room source."  If Manu wasn't healthy enough to play, Pop wouldn't have played him.  Everybody plays with injuries -- Kobe was told to have surgury on his hand, Fish is playing hurt -- tons of people who aren't a Laker or a Spur.  It's truly hilarious when you come on here to post that Manu is injured after EVERY bad game he has.  It's a good thing that Manu isn't required to carry the Spurs, isn't it?
  Ric Bucher and ESPN saying repeatedly last night that Manu is playing at 80% due to his ankle injury.

You watched the game right?  Did you see when Manu saved the ball from going out of bounce in the 2nd (or the end of the 1st) where he used that foot to try to stop himself and it re-hurt it?  He was pretty fine up until that point.

And jesus christ almighty this is the playoffs.  It's not who has injuries but who DOESN'T have injuries at this point.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »

You watched the game right?  Did you see when Manu saved the ball from going out of bounce in the 2nd (or the end of the 1st) where he used that foot to try to stop himself and it re-hurt it?  He was pretty fine up until that point.

And jesus christ almighty this is the playoffs.  It's not who has injuries but who DOESN'T have injuries at this point.

Which is exactly why both Pop & Duncan said: "No Excuses"
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »
Merely pointing out why Manu lacked his usual burst in Gms 1 and 2 is not making excuses.
As to the Kobsters pinky, he himself said it did not effect him at all.  Very different if Kobe was going at 80% on an ankle sprain.  I would not consider it a lame excuse, i would acknowlege Kobster lacked his usual burst.

Derek Swisher injured?  What a cracked nail from his most recent manicure?  Please.

You Lakers and Cousin Lurker with your "all or nothing" thinking.  "A hangnail is the same as a torn ACL.  Its the playoffs, rrrrrrraaaaaagh."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »
No "merely pointing out" why Manu didn't have his explosiveness is an excuse you are using.  Pop is above that.  His premise is that these guys are professionals and are being paid big bucks to perform...especially at this time of year.  Nagging injuries are common for any team after the 82 game grind.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
^^ spare me the self righteous crap about Pop and everyone being injured.
You point out who else is 80% instead of glossing it over as **everyone has nagging injuries**.  A "nagging injury" doesn't inhibit one to 80%

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »
You point out who else is 80% instead of glossing it over as **everyone has nagging injuries**.  A "nagging injury" doesn't inhibit one to 80%
Sure it does.  A nagging back injury can inhibit a player to 80% on any given night.  Same with any type of injury to the foot.

You are trying to make an excuse for Manu in the first two games.  Not even Gnob himself would use his ankle as an excuse.  He would man up and say "I just had a poor game".  That is what good players do.  They play through any type of injuries. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
Once again i ask you two to say who is at 80% and back it up with facts.

I'll grab a case of Snickers bars....

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Sure it does.  A nagging back injury can inhibit a player to 80% on any given night.  Same with any type of injury to the foot.

You are trying to make an excuse for Manu in the first two games.  Not even Gnob himself would use his ankle as an excuse.  He would man up and say "I just had a poor game".  That is what good players do.  They play through any type of injuries. 

Actually after review by a panel of sports doctors, Manu was determined to have been playing at 78.4%.   This was based on a scale of 100 percent Manu being the year he won the Gold, and 0 percent being Manu before he could dribble a basketball....roughly around 2 years old.  It's all very scientific....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »

And your scientific analysis of 80% is supported by...Ric Bucher.  And he got his medical degree from...

Don't choke on the peanuts.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »

Wouldn't that require Manu being at 80% to be a "fact" as opposed to speculation by a guy who watched the game on TV?  You can't ask someone to prove it is a fact if you never did it in the first place.

No one here is denying that Manu is hurt.  What we are telling you is that a lot of players play at 80% yet still perform at a high level.  Manu Ginobili is not the first player in the history of the sport to be hurt while the playoffs are going on.  Dwayne Wade's shoulder was at 83.4875% when they won the title....The year Allen Iverson got to the finals with the Sixers he was beat to a pulp.  I remember seeing a graphic of all his injuries on the screen and it was just nuts.  Yet AI (and better yet Rickortreat/dabods) did not mention it when they had trouble putting away the Nets.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 02:07:04 PM »
twist n hide standard operation procedure of y'all.
So if you make fun of Bucher and ESPNs 80%, how do you claim there are lots of current playoff players in Manus state?  What do you base that on?

That's what i thought.

Peanuts going down nicely with a mocha as I build up more cells for WoW.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 02:15:03 PM »
So if you make fun of Bucher and ESPNs 80%, how do you claim there are lots of current playoff players in Manus state?  What do you base that on?

Regarding Kobe's chipped bone and torn ligament in his hand there were interviews with his doctor along with actual pictures of the x-ray released when it happened.  I'd say that's more factual then Ric Bucher's assesment. 

How about this for a fact, Manu scored 31 points in game 3.  If his injuries were the reason he stunk up the joint in games 1 & 2, then how was he capable of playing at a high level in game 3?  Are you contending he made the quantum leap from 50% to 80% in under 48 hours? 

Sorry, but the fact that he played so well last night only reinforces the naysayers contention that he "disappeared" in games 1 & 2.  Regardless of his physical condition %, he obviously had it in him to play better, right? 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »

That's what i thought.

Peanuts going down nicely with a mocha as I build up more cells for WoW.

If you want to go on facts and not just some mindless percentage thrown out by a sportscaster then you list players who are injured as well.  Who is to say that Manu's ankle is hurting him WAY more then say Derek Fisher's foot problem?  

List of players in the playoffs who played injured:

Gilbert Arenas
Grant Hill
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Chauncey Billups (has not played yet but is set to play on Saturday)
Derek Fisher

You also have to take in mind a lot of these players don't bring up their injuries at all so the list is probably a lot longer.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »

Regarding Kobe's chipped bone and torn ligament in his hand there were interviews with his doctor along with actual pictures of the x-ray released when it happened.  I'd say that's more factual then Ric Bucher's assesment. 

How about this for a fact, Manu scored 31 points in game 3.  If his injuries were the reason he stunk up the joint in games 1 & 2, then how was he capable of playing at a high level in game 3?  Are you contending he made the quantum leap from 50% to 80% in under 48 hours? 
Absolutely.  Incredible training room techniques along with pharmacutical type stuff can do wonders in 48 hours.

And i stated in another post i never doubted Kobsters injury one bit.  Now if you can get your cousins to provide XRays and photos from Swishers alleged injury, that will be something.

Sorry, but the fact that he played so well last night only reinforces the naysayers contention that he "disappeared" in games 1 & 2.  Regardless of his physical condition %, he obviously had it in him to play better, right? 

Nope.  See also post on how Poppycock most definitely did make adjustments for Gm 3.  Went away from 4 Dumb (i documented) as well as having Manu run the point for a good spell.  Result?  GNob 16 pts 1st half.