Author Topic: Denver formula for beating the Lakers  (Read 3581 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Denver formula for beating the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
Good point, Skandery.  These guys are as much of the problem, if not more, than their teammates.  It's sad really.  I get the sense that Melo has so much God given talent, but he's bought in to his own hype and as a result hasn't put the extra effort in on the little things.  You know, like conditioning and defense  ;)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
Actually I put the blame on Karl.  This team is not made for the run & gun style.  They played the Spurs tough the last couple years in the playoffs getting involved in more of a half court game.  They have the bodies to bang inside and make a team pay for using half court sets.  They have two of the best isolation players in the game.  Karl thinks that by running...especially in Denver...that the altitude will make a difference.  But by the time the playoffs roll around any well conditioned starter-level athlete can last 35-40 minutes.  Karl is coaching for the location of the game not the personnel he has.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
Listen to your coach!

If the Nuggets can get away from taking quick shots they can beat the Lakers.  I think this series could go 7 games if the Nuggets pass at least once before shooting and if they listen to their coach.
Or play thugball defense like you did vs the Spurs in 2005 and 2007.
Or make Koubee and DSwisher etc pay hard when they drive the lane, like you claim Phoenix is not against Tony Parker.

Oh that's right, the Collusion 2008 agreement insists on hands off pampered treatment for the Lakers?
Ya.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 08:26:03 AM »
They played the Spurs tough the last couple years in the playoffs getting involved in more of a half court game.

They sure did, Lurker, they won a whole 1 game in 05 and another 1 game last year.  I'm sure San Antonio was sweating having to play Denver.  ::)

I have a little bit of a problem with blaming the coach for using a style that requires conditioning before blaming the players for not putting in the effort.  Iso basketball also doesn't work as well as it used to since the inclusion of zone defense. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »
They played the Spurs tough the last couple years in the playoffs getting involved in more of a half court game.

They sure did, Lurker, they won a whole 1 game in 05 and another 1 game last year.  I'm sure San Antonio was sweating having to play Denver.  ::)

I have a little bit of a problem with blaming the coach for using a style that requires conditioning before blaming the players for not putting in the effort.  Iso basketball also doesn't work as well as it used to since the inclusion of zone defense. 

I don't know Skandery.  You have to blame him for some of it don't you?  Whether it's for what Lurker and I think the problem is, which is that the plan of attack for this squad might not be the right one.  Or whether you think it has more to do with conditioning.  Either way there has to be blame placed at the feet of the coaching staff.  Shouldn't they have sat down Melo and told him to work harder in the gym?   If he does not work harder on that aspect of his game then there will be consequences for it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »
Listen to westkoast!

Stop making threads at the begging of the game Miguel.  By the time the game ends they sound foolish!  No way Denver takes this 7 games if they continue to let the Lakers layup/dunk the ball 40 times a game.

I think by "begging" you meant begining.  I started this thread after game 2 was over.  Based on watching what the Nuggets were able to do for 3 quarters, they could be VERY successful against the Lakers if they kept it up for the entire game.  Check your clock before you start trying to talk with the grown ups, you sound stupid when you cannot tell time.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »
Listen to westkoast!

Stop making threads at the begging of the game Miguel.  By the time the game ends they sound foolish!  No way Denver takes this 7 games if they continue to let the Lakers layup/dunk the ball 40 times a game.

I think by "begging" you meant begining.  I started this thread after game 2 was over.  Based on watching what the Nuggets were able to do for 3 quarters, they could be VERY successful against the Lakers if they kept it up for the entire game.  Check your clock before you start trying to talk with the grown ups, you sound stupid when you cannot tell time.

This might help you out there Esse...but the mobile version of this board doesn't post the 'time' so close but no jalapeno with the burn.

I was going off the last time you made a thread saying how upset you were with the lack of ball movement only for the game to end with them getting 33 assists on 46 makes.  Whether you made the thread at the start, middle, or end of the game you are still wrong.  This team wouldn't take the Lakers 7 games regardless.  Saying 'if only they could do this...' when they haven't done it for the past 2 years makes no sense.

Hay the Pheonix Suns could be champs if they played good defense for 48 minutes!  We could make entire threads on 'if only <insert squad> could do this they would win' for each team. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:46:11 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 10:48:21 AM »
Listen to westkoast!

This might help you out there Esse...but the mobile version of this board doesn't post the 'time' so close but no jalapeno with the burn.

I was going off the last time you made a thread saying how upset you were with the lack of ball movement only for the game to end with them getting 33 assists on 46 makes.  Whether you made the thread at the start, middle, or end of the game you are still wrong.  This team wouldn't take the Lakers 7 games regardless.  Saying 'if only they could do this...' when they haven't done it for the past 2 years makes no sense.

Hay the Pheonix Suns could be champs if they played good defense for 48 minutes!  We could make entire threads on 'if only <insert squad> could do this they would win' for each team. 

So did it not happen?  Did the effort and change of attack in the 3rd quarter magically go back in time and correct the mistakes in first quarter?  STOP being stupid!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »
Listen to westkoast!

So did it not happen?  Did the effort and change of attack in the 3rd quarter magically go back in time and correct the mistakes in first quarter?  STOP being stupid!

If you are trying to say they were more disciplined and picked better shots in the first quarter you are wrong.  It was the Lakers defense that made them look good in the first.  They were still playing the same way they always do.  Don't try to act like they started off the game focused, picking perfect shots, and executing flawlessly only to move away from it for the other 36 minutes.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 11:06:52 AM »
Listen to westkoast!

If you are trying to say they were more disciplined and picked better shots in the first quarter you are wrong.  It was the Lakers defense that made them look good in the first.  They were still playing the same way they always do.  Don't try to act like they started off the game focused, picking perfect shots, and executing flawlessly only to move away from it for the other 36 minutes.

NO!  I was responding to your comments about my post in the 1st quarter of game 1.  The Lakers played poorly in the first quarter of game 1 by NOT taking advantage of the HUGE mis-matches in their favor.  They finally did later in the game but when I made my post it was TRUE, the fact that the Lakers corrected their mistake later in the game does NOT make what they did in the 1st any LESS true.   Now you are pulling a Randy/Lurker/Reality on me and claiming I made a 7 game series comment in my post of game 1.  That did not happen, try again OR just go away until you can understand what you read in posts and not confuse WHAT you read in WHICH post.  Once you figure that out we will work on understanding what you get in RESPONSE to your own post.  mmmmmmmmmmmkay......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »
Listen to westkoast!

NO!  I was responding to your comments about my post in the 1st quarter of game 1.  The Lakers played poorly in the first quarter of game 1 by NOT taking advantage of the HUGE mis-matches in their favor.  They finally did later in the game but when I made my post it was TRUE, the fact that the Lakers corrected their mistake later in the game does NOT make what they did in the 1st any LESS true.   Now you are pulling a Randy/Lurker/Reality on me and claiming I made a 7 game series comment in my post of game 1.  That did not happen, try again OR just go away until you can understand what you read in posts and not confuse WHAT you read in WHICH post.  Once you figure that out we will work on understanding what you get in RESPONSE to your own post.  mmmmmmmmmmmkay......

You know what it does make true?  My advice not to make a post so early lol

And even though I combined comments on two of your threads thus far in this series....

The following two things still hold true:

You shouldn't get so upset about what a team is doing 8 minutes into the start of the game.

The Nuggets couldn't take the Lakers to 7 games.  Why you seem to think they could all the sudden win 3 games in a series when they've never got close enough to the Lakers to make it a close game all year regardless of who was on the floor, I dunno.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 11:11:44 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »
Laker Cat fight...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »
The following two things still hold true:

You shouldn't get so upset about what a team is doing 8 minutes into the start of the game.

That being the case, IF I ever catch a game with you, like I have with a few guys around here, I expect you to STFU until the game is over then you can comment.  Deal?

P.S. Get a clue, some people make comments quarter by quarter, minute by minute and sometimes possesion by possesion.  I just happened to be by a computer, and thank goodness Phil Jackson was by his PC and read my comments and made adjustments.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
Laker Cat fight...

Closet Laker Fan!  Can't resists anything Lakers or making EVERYTHING Lakers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
Laker Cat fight...

Closet Laker Fan!  Can't resists anything Lakers or making EVERYTHING Lakers.

He is just jealous that he wasn't invited.  But then it was a general Laker discussion and not a Kobe lovefest.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues