Author Topic: Spurs look so old!  (Read 3687 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs look so old!
« on: April 22, 2008, 11:58:32 PM »
That must mean the Suns are dead and burried.  What's this "defense" thingy?  What a huge effort game by the Spurs, all of a sudden the champs look 5 years younger.  Shaq was really owning TD and the Spurs but IMO the Spurs pulled together as a team to beat the superior talent of the Suns.  Nash looked horrible in the 2nd half and the Suns were completely out of sync because of the Spurs defense and energy.  Nice win, excellent series so far.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs look so old!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »
^^ why did Phoenix not call foul Duncan or Bowen when down 8 with a minute to go and then again with :40 to go.  Unreal.

The D stretch combined with the Spurs pushing the ball and not playing Regressovich offensive ball during the 17-2 run was great.  Last 2-3 minutes Spurs O made me ill but they pulled it out.

Snac hit his FTs during Hack-a-Shaq and the haters can squak all they want (as usual), how many other centers are doing 19/14 in the playoffs?  Beyond that he has clearly lost a step, watching him get stuffed by Kurt Thomas and Duncan was great.  Thank goodness Pop went with Thomas on him rather then Fabby.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »
^^ why did Phoenix not call foul Duncan or Bowen when down 8 with a minute to go and then again with :40 to go.  Unreal.

The D stretch combined with the Spurs pushing the ball and not playing Regressovich offensive ball during the 17-2 run was great.  Last 2-3 minutes Spurs O made me ill but they pulled it out.

Snac hit his FTs during Hack-a-Shaq and the haters can squak all they want (as usual), how many other centers are doing 19/14 in the playoffs?  Beyond that he has clearly lost a step, watching him get stuffed by Kurt Thomas and Duncan was great.  Thank goodness Pop went with Thomas on him rather then Fabby.

How funny it is to act like you were not a Shaq 'hater'....selective memory must be a great thing to have.  The whole point of getting Shaq was to get them past the Spurs.  So far?  Unable to do that.   He was suppose to clog up the lane on the defensive end.  Tony Parker might disagree with that save that one foot ball check.   Don't confuse 'haters' with realists  ;)

As for what centers are doing 19/14 in the playoffs?  Gasol, Howard, Duncan, and Boozer.  Pretty much every team in the West that has a big man lol

Props to the real Spurs fans on the win.  Like I said before I don't think PHX gets past the Spurs.  No matter what they try to do they just are not the better team.  Shaq, Marion,Hill, little baby jesus in a tuxedo, doesn't matter.  As a team the Spurs are better then the Suns.  I saw a sports writer mention this rivalry like the Lakers/Kings rivalary and I think that hits the nail on the head.  The Kings were never able to get past the Lakers in the playoffs even though they had a great squad and the same applies to PHX/SA.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:16:05 AM »
As for what centers are doing 19/14 in the playoffs?  Gasol, Howard, Duncan, and Boozer.  Pretty much every team in the West that has a big man lol
Keep countin because there are 16 teams in the playoffs.  Whats that make the other 12?  You haters claimed he was worthless in the Miami title and even more worthless now. 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »
how many other centers are doing 19/14 in the playoffs? 

Not Shaq if that is what you are asking.  By my count Shaq has played 2 games in the playoffs.  And though he was 19/14 last night, he was only 11/5 in game 1.  But then that blows your whole thread apart doesn't it?

And I notice no compliments for Poppycock's smallball lineup that beat the Suns at their own game.  I sure hope D'Antoni keeps out coaching Pop. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »
The team is looking really impressive.  They are not afraid being down to the Suns and just keep chipping away at the lead.  Amare just choked in the third quarter.  All in all, the Spurs are FINALLY playing the way Champs are supposed to play.  I hope this will stay the same throughout the playoffs.  Game 3 will be really tough, I expect the Suns to take that game, however I do think we will win game 4.  It's nice to see Tony and Manu step it up.  I would have been upset if Manu had played lousy after getting that sixth man award.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »
how many other centers are doing 19/14 in the playoffs? 

Not Shaq if that is what you are asking.  By my count Shaq has played 2 games in the playoffs.  And though he was 19/14 last night, he was only 11/5 in game 1.  But then that blows your whole thread apart doesn't it?

And I notice no compliments for Poppycock's smallball lineup that beat the Suns at their own game.  I sure hope D'Antoni keeps out coaching Pop. 
Nice try cousin Lurker.  What other centers have done 11/5 and 19/14 in the 1st two?

You mean the 17-2 run in the 3rd?  I saw Duncan, Kurt T and/or Fabs on the court the whole time.
The D stretch combined with the Spurs pushing the ball and not playing Regressovich offensive ball during the 17-2 run was great.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
You mean the 17-2 run in the 3rd?  I saw Duncan, Kurt T and/or Fabs on the court the whole time.

Well it's about time you owned up to watching different games than the rest of us.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »
No way!  Tony was pushing the ball up the court big time.
You might of been cuddlin with WoW or westkoast or watching Ted n LFD, i don't wanna know
But the Spurs were pushing the ball and distributing big time for that stretch.

The Tim Dunks rebound and bomb pass to Barrdawg for the layup just out of the contested reach of Sun was great!  WooHoo!

But yes I will say the stretch they went small and pushed the ball worked great.  Pop making an offensive adjustment?  Wow!

Grant Hill?  Looked injured again.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »
Keep countin because there are 16 teams in the playoffs.  Whats that make the other 12?  You haters claimed he was worthless in the Miami title and even more worthless now. 

How about Z and Rasheed Wallace?   You made it sound as if Shaq was all alone on this special plateau.  All the teams with half way decent men at the 5 (funny you didn't mention big men knowing you'd look dumb) had their center post up a game similar or better then Shaq's second try.   Shaq only had a marginally better game then the powerhouses Brendan Haywood (15-10) and Tyson Chandler.  Not quite sure why you think comparing him to Eric Dampier and Dekembe Mutumbo is helping your case here.  Bottom line is Shaq was brought in to win a title with PHX, a few of us said that he is not going to get the job done.  So far we are right and your new found love of Shaq doesn't change that.

And could you knock it off with the straight LYING to make yourself look like some basketball genius?  No one said he was worthless in Miami.  What was said that he was NOT the driving force behind the title there, it was Dwayne Wade.  That is a stone cold fact.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »
  Bottom line is Shaq was brought in to win a title with PHX, a few of us said that he is not going to get the job done.  So far we are right and your new found love of Shaq doesn't change that.
B-Rad, ignoring the usual rubbish parts of your post, just who did say that Shaq was going to help Phx win the title this year?  Do please quote so you can't fabricate.  I know i had the Spurs all the way.

Psssh.  Beating your own chest like it was just you and one or two others who said Phx would not win the title this year.   

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:09 AM »
  Bottom line is Shaq was brought in to win a title with PHX, a few of us said that he is not going to get the job done.  So far we are right and your new found love of Shaq doesn't change that.
B-Rad, ignoring the usual rubbish parts of your post, just who did say that Shaq was going to help Phx win the title this year?  Do please quote so you can't fabricate.  I know i had the Spurs all the way.

Psssh.  Beating your own chest like it was just you and one or two others who said Phx would not win the title this year.   

The 'haters' reality.  You know the people you want to butt heads with to defend yet another Laker player you HATED until they took off the Laker jersey ala Robert Horry.

Is that sort of like beating your chest that Shaq was going to be a major force for the Suns?  Oh it's not because I am right and you were wrong.  Don't be an idiot.  You are calling people 'haters' and taking up for Shaq like you've been backing him.  You want people to give him major props for his 19/14 but ignore the fact that 6 other centers did as well or better all coming in WINS (except Sheed).  Now all the sudden he makes no difference and you are saying getting him was a waste of time?  Wow.  It's crazy how quickly you jump from side to side.  Shout out to the double dutch bus, seriously.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
I figured the request for a quote would shut you up.  It did.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »
Back to the game/series at hand.  First, congrats Spurs fans on two nice wins.  You protected your home court, now go steal one in Phx. 

I'm bummed because I was unable to watch the first game and only caught mid-3rd qtr on last night. 

One thing that really bothered me was the announcers continually mentioning that Phx was missing Grant Hill because they would have him cover Tony Parker.  What?!?  I would have thought someone mis-spoke, but they reiterated it about 25 times.  Are they serious?  Who in their right mind believes that Grant Hill has a chance in hell of staying in front of TP?  Am I missing something?  Did Grant shut down TP in game 1? 

The Suns are missing Marion in this series.  I'm sure they'd put him on Parker, and while I don't think he could slow him down much, at the very least the Suns would have one more athletic defender on the floor.  Manu is keeping Raja busy and Parker can just run right by Nash without another line of defense other than fatty who is so slow Parker can either pull up and shoot over him or whiz right by him. 

I hope to catch the next several games of the series.  I have mixed feelings as one part of me wants to see Phx get bounced in the first round while the other would love the chance for the Lakers to meet Phx in WCF should they be fortunate enough to advance.  What am I talking about, with Sternfish on our side is there even a question there will be a Celtics/Laker NBA marketing wet-dream finals?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
I figured the request for a quote would shut you up.  It did.
Actually it didn't.  There is a quote provided in this very thread about the 'haters'.   Everyone knows you've all the sudden become a huge Shaq fan.  You even want to 'ride on the haters' who are doubting Shaq.  Yet at the same time you want to pretend like you knew Shaq wasn't going to do what he was brought in to do, which is win the title.  Please teach us all how to talk out of both sides of your mouth.