Author Topic: Bob Horry available  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bob Horry available
« on: April 22, 2008, 05:46:57 PM »
Just as Brent Barrdawg came in and drilled his only trey attempt in the Spurs 117-115 win over Phx in game 1, now tonight the Spurs may be able to call on Bob Horry.  Bob going for his 3rd ring with the Spurs and 8th overall.
(Laker Mathists may not see the signifigance of Barrdawgs shot, if you are a non Laker with a Laker, help them out).
"The Spurs, meanwhile, should be close to whole for tonight's game. Even Brent Barry and Robert Horry should be available, coach Gregg Popovich said, though it might take an extenuating set of circumstances for Horry to get in the game"
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/04/jeff_mcdonald_h_4.html

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bob Horry available
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »
Man what would the Spurs have ever done without that BAWWWRDog 3 in the middle if the 2nd quarter?

Robert Horry is a little bit too slow to play heavy minutes guarding Amare or Diaw.  Although I think we all agree you rather see Horry shooting a wide open 3 with time winding down then Tim Duncan again lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »
Man what would the Spurs have ever done without that BAWWWRDog 3 in the middle if the 2nd quarter? 
Subtract 3 points?

Less whip cream next Mocha, B.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »
Subtract 3 points?

Less whip cream next Mocha, B.

Oh that's how it goes genius.  One missed/made shot in the 2nd quarter is the difference maker in a game?

Let's give the following guys the BAWRdog award for being a difference maker for converting a shot in the middle of the 2nd quarter in the playoffs:

Devin Brown
Mark Madsen (had killer put backs at the begging of Laker games that made all the difference)
Harold Minor

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »
Naw lets give Bob Horry applause for swatting Shaqs layup attempt in the 2nd qtr. :D

Some more non Laker math for you westkoast.  We'll continue to take it slow. 
Barrdawg had 5 points last night amonst other things.  The Spurs won 102-96.
Did Barrdawg contribute to the Spurs win?  (Que Jeopardy music).

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:46:41 AM »
C'mon, Reality.  With an argument like that, I can argue that Lurker contributed to the victory by buying a ticket to a game, which was used to pay part of the salary of Barry.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »
Oh Joe I'm so dissapointed.  You were the guy who, threads ago, we were discussing whether or not a role player contributes to a championship.  You post was words to the effect of "Anyone who plays in a Championship series contributes".

As did Barrdawg in both games.  Bob Horry just coming in for the block is very limited.  But with Horry comes attitude.  He brought it once again.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »
So Michael Finley is useless if he doesn't shoot over 50% regardless if he scores 20 points in a game...but BAWRdog gets 5 points and you want ultimate props from him?  Lame at best.

Don't take it slow next time because you ended up sounding like a retard  :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »
Oh B-Rad, you're so off.
Michael Finley not only played great O last night, he actually bailed the Spurs out of their slump at the start of the 3rd.  Thing is Finley also played great position D, something he does not always do.  Plus, back to O, he took timely shots, was not just horking the ball up everytime he touches it, something he occasionally has the bad tendanacy to do.

No B-Rad, Finley actually had a great game last night.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:10:56 AM »
Thing is Finley also played great position D, something he does not always do. 

No quasi-Reality.  Finley plays solid team defense on a regular basis.  It is why he starts and plays 25 minutes per game and Barrdog gets 10 minutes.  I have been telling you that for 3 years now. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:16:50 AM »

No quasi-Reality.  Finley plays solid team defense on a regular basis.  It is why he starts and plays 25 minutes per game and Barrdog gets 10 minutes.  I have been telling you that for 3 years now. 
It's why Barrdawg did 25 minutes per game in the 2005 title run.  Findawgs 2007 title run was wayy more due to his awesome record setting O.
1-1 chief in the 25 min dept.
You can talk to me for 80 more years, Findawgs O is what kept him on the court in 2007s run.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »

Ditto.

Michael Finley constantly gets his contributions down played but BAWRdog hits one 3 pointer in the corner in the middle of the second and he's the 4th most important pillar on this squad behind Duncan, Parker, and Manu  ::)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 11:05:15 AM »
No, you two have it wrong.  Barrdogs injury limitations hardly have him at "4th pillar".
After the Big 3 that has been shared so far amoungst Finley, Kurt T, Bowendawg.  Plus RealSpurs are not into this "pillar" hierarchy, thats for Kobsterists.  Instead, Teamball.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
No, you two have it wrong.  Barrdogs injury limitations hardly have him at "4th pillar".
After the Big 3 that has been shared so far amoungst Finley, Kurt T, Bowendawg.  Plus RealSpurs are not into this "pillar" hierarchy, thats for Kobsterists.  Instead, Teamball.

What's your excuse when he was not hurt?  I'd love to hear it.

Please don't speak for RealSpurs, you don't even live in San Antonio lol

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
Plus RealSpurs are not into this "pillar" hierarchy, thats for Kobsterists.  Instead, Teamball.

2007 - 2008 Reg Season - Assists Per Game

NBA Rank     Team              Assists/Game
4                LA Lakers             24.4
21              SA Spurs              21.0