Author Topic: Manu gets the Sixth man...  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Manu gets the Sixth man...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 06:28:22 AM »
Can we add another award, then, just so we don't hurt your sensitive Spur feelings?  Best true bench player?  A guy who comes off the bench and helps your team win? 

That is exactly who they have given the award to for several years.  What about the 2 years McHale won it averaging 31+  and 33+ minutes?

So what you want to do is make a new award...best 8th man.  We could do that but it takes away from the hard work that players who are the 1st & 2nd options off the bench put in.  Just because it offends your sensitivity...especially since a Spurs player won it...doesn't mean the award is wrong.  Look at all the top candidates...this year and past...and find ones who only play 12-15 minutes and only in 3/4 of their team's games.

Using your Laker reference...Farmar actually received votes for 6th man this year.  So I guess all the media who watch several more games a year than you are full of it.  Right...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 06:29:50 AM »
And to make sure this is an official thread...

Ginobili is the only player in the NBA ranked in the top 31 for points per game (31st), steals (16th), assists (28th), three-point field goals made (156, 16th), three-point field goal percentage (.401, 28th), free throws made (380, 16th) and free throw percentage (.860, 16th).

Maybe some day Kobe can be this good.    ;D

.... if Kobe every flops like DraManu he needs to have dirt thrown on him along with a tombstone.

Would that not be redundant, WOWSER? And who IS the Laker sixth man that Kobeless doesn't allow to play with his ball either?

Did someone hear a bandwagon slut attempt to weigh in with pathetic realityesque "moniker" for the greatest player in the game? Neither did I

I'm not sure what you are talking about Lurker, I heard NOTHING except a squeeky little wagon wheel as it rolled on by.

And I'm not sure WHAT you are talking about either.  You must have taken reading comprehension lessons from Randy.  You are responding to a Laker Fan's post.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »

Ginobili is the only player in the NBA ranked in the top 31 for points per game (31st), steals (16th), assists (28th), three-point field goals made (156, 16th), three-point field goal percentage (.401, 28th), free throws made (380, 16th) and free throw percentage (.860, 16th).

.... if Kobe every flops like DraManu he needs to have dirt thrown on him along with a tombstone.

Would that not be redundant, WOWSER? And who IS the Laker sixth man that Kobeless doesn't allow to play with his ball either?

Did someone hear a bandwagon slut attempt to weigh in with pathetic realityesque "moniker" for the greatest player in the game? Neither did I

I'm not sure what you are talking about Lurker, I heard NOTHING except a squeeky little wagon wheel as it rolled on by.

And I'm not sure WHAT you are talking about either.  You must have taken reading comprehension lessons from Randy.  You are responding to a Laker Fan's post.

I guessed you missed the whole "JazMal" thread, I'll try and make jokes that don't FORCE you to think.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »

I guessed you missed the whole "JazMal" thread, I'll try and make jokes that don't FORCE you to think.

Well when you reference Laker Fan's post and ask me what I am talking about then I guess you are right that is too much thinking for me.  Because even though most Laker posters thrive on the Sesame Street logic for their thought process which is easy for me to project I have found that more mature posters like Dan have more depth to their thinking process and I have a difficult time projecting what they were thinking when they posted.

So I will ask you again why are you asking me what Dan is talking about?  Do I need to break out the crayons?
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

Well when you reference Laker Fan's post and ask me what I am talking about then I guess you are right that is too much thinking for me.  Because even though most Laker posters thrive on the Sesame Street logic for their thought process which is easy for me to project I have found that more mature posters like Dan have more depth to their thinking process and I have a difficult time projecting what they were thinking when they posted.

So I will ask you again why are you asking me what Dan is talking about?  Do I need to break out the crayons?

It's getting harder and harder to keep steady footing jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon bashing, I jumped on Laker and landed on Lurker.  It happens.  :-[  I do feel the need to apologize for confusing you with a Laker fan, we trade barbs daily but that is hitting below the belt, even for me.  Wait..wait...reverse that, I apologize to Laker fans for ...err...I know a good match, your butt and my fac....oh..wait wait...WAIT...DAM!...nevermind....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"