Author Topic: Look who has homecourt advantage  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Look who has homecourt advantage
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:47:56 AM »
And it's a good thing too . . . cuz the Jazz can't win on the road. ;)

Comments on the game coming tomorrow.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Look who has homecourt advantage
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:12:04 AM »
The most interesting aspect of this game (to me) came in the post-game interviews. Boozer and Williams come to the podium together and praise each other, AK47, Millsap, all of their teammates, everyone but themselves.

Tracy McGrady comes to the podium after a 20 point, 7 for 21 effort (exactly the kind of game the Jazz want from him), and says nothing positive about his teammates. In fact, he basically threw them all under the bus. Said they were standing around on offense, no idea what to do.

I'm going down on record . . . this guy will never win a playoff series as the leader of the team. I can't believe I was ever a part of a thread comparing this guy to Kobe. Although, Kobester has been known to throw a teammate under the bus himself . . . still . . . McGrady is a worse kind of leader. He avoids the big "who the hell is Andrew Bynum!?" type of comments and goes for the subtle "don't want to name names but everybody but me" type of comments. And he waits until the worst possible time to step out on his teammates . . . at the beginning of a playoff series after ONLY ONE LOSS. I mean, this series is miles away from being over and he's totally selling out his teammates. I don't see Kobe doing that. Maybe after a series loss, but never before.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 10:14:25 AM by Ted »

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:42:59 AM »
Who picked the Rockets to beat the Jazz?  I wouldn't have picked the Rockets to beat the Jazz even if they had Yao in the line-up. 

However, I still don't think that they can beat the Lakers.  You mentioned what the Jazz did to the Hornets and some other team toward the end of the season but failed to mention what the Lakers did to the Jazz in Salt Lake without Gasol or Bynum.  It was a drubbing -- or have you forgot?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
Oh sorry. I didn't realized I had predicted that the Jazz would beat the Lakers in that post. My bad.

Seriously, is it possible for you to allow one thread to be about something other than the Lakers? ::)

My post is a response to numerous pundits in the press and a few posters on this board who have spoken so unequivocally about the Jazz' inability to win away from home. In case you think I am making this up, allow me to give your own words.

they [the Jazz] have proven they can't beat anyone away from their home court.

And here is your compadre Reality, although he is leaving a little more gray area than you did.

I'm not discounting Houston, with Utahs inability on the road.

Now can we stay on topic?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:38:25 AM by Ted »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
Ted no-one is giving the Jazz any credit except for me.  They have as good a chance as anyone in the West of going all the way, and they are going to beat Houston in this series.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »
 ::)

Go back and look at the playoff prediction thread.  I think a few here think the Jazz will take the series.

;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
"leaving a little more gray area"? :D
We're canyons apart.

I do think Rafer Alstons injury hurt the Rockets altho i did not forsee Bobby Jacksons game one meltdown.
Other then that i support your posts 100%, Tmac is an unaccountable tool to his teamates and the Jazz got a huge monkey off their back while Tmacs seems like an implant.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 01:40:27 PM »
Ted no-one is giving the Jazz any credit except for me.  They have as good a chance as anyone in the West of going all the way, and they are going to beat Houston in this series.

Only two people picked Houston over Utah, EVERYONE else has Utah taking the Rockets out.   ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »
. . . cuz the Jazz can't win on the road. ;)

Ted, take a look at the playoff predictions thread before you start a dumb thread.   8)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
Laker fans are THICK!

Read slowly for comprehension . . . this thread is about the supposed fact that "the Jazz have proven they can't beat anyone on the road."

I haven't said anything about whether or not the Jazz were picked to beat anyone DAMMIT!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 04:23:12 PM »
Laker fans are THICK!

Read slowly for comprehension . . . this thread is about the supposed fact that "the Jazz have proven they can't beat anyone on the road."

I haven't said anything about whether or not the Jazz were picked to beat anyone DAMMIT!

Who has HC advantage in the series?  How many games do you have to win in a best of 7 series?

If I need to connect any MORE dots for you Ted let me know.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
Ted started a thread about people saying the Jazz couldn't win on the road and Game 1 was a nice answer and Randy replied with, "...but the Jazz can't beat the Lakers, nah, nah!!" 

Break out the crayon font, Ted.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »
. . . cuz the Jazz can't win on the road. ;)

Ted, take a look at the playoff predictions thread before you start a dumb thread.   8)

Ted,
The Rockets are better with Yao out, Marc Gasol is the best player in the world not under contract, and he is the next Pau Gasol, Javaris Crittenton is great young player, and the Jazz have no hope of beating the Lakers, because the Jazz cannot win on the road.  Those are undeniable metaphysical facts dontcha know?  Remember the only facts that matter are those that support your point of view, those facts that don't should be ignored.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »
Ted you hit it on the head.  That was a horrible move after a game one loss.  I know it was on their home floor but man....my jaw dropped after hearing that 1-2 minutes of audio from T-Mac.  If anything he should shoulder the blame whether it was 100% his fault or not.  That is what the star players do.  You can't expect to get all the props after wins but not get any flack for losses. 

Sometimes I wonder how Houston is a good defensive team when I see two above average defenders (Battier, Mutumbo) and a bunch of suspect defenders.  Blows my mind. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »
Sometimes I wonder how Houston is a good defensive team when I see two above average defenders (Battier, Mutumbo) and a bunch of suspect defenders.  Blows my mind.

Westkoast,

Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes are top notch, remarkable defenders!

Dikembe Mutombo is a down from top notch only because of age, but still good.

Tracy McGrady's athleticism and length make him an above average defender, if he had heart he'd be an amazing defender.

Scola is an average man-defender but a great team defender.

. . . and the rest are suspect, although some play the passing lanes (Alston, B-Jax, etc.)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."