Author Topic: Tim Dunks 3 pter!  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunks 3 pter!
« on: April 19, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »
Classic.
To make it 104-104 with 3 seconds left in OT.

Must see t.v.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tim Dunks 3 pter!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »
Stern must really hate the Suns, they got jobbed so bad.  The Suns, Nash in particular, made some terrible decisions on offense.  You can't really blame the Suns for the D they played, Finely ran the play perfectly to get the 3 to send it to OT.  I would pay the Spurs to have TD shot the 3 pointer for the tie. 

I hope Stern hates the Nuggest as well.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »
^^ You're one of the guys who says don't foul when ahead by 3 with seconds left..... ;)
Why was anyone even bothering to guard GNob once he went inside the arc.  The duece meant nothing!

Spurs returned the favor to Phx in 2Ot.  Could not believe they let Nash hit the trey when they had a foul to give to boot!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 08:16:01 PM »
^^ You're one of the guys who says don't foul when ahead by 3 with seconds left..... ;)
Why was anyone even bothering to guard GNob once he went inside the arc.  The duece meant nothing!

Spurs returned the favor to Phx in 2Ot.  Could not believe they let Nash hit the trey when they had a foul to give to boot!

A team like the Spurs SHOULD rely on their defense.  Nash was just playing dumb and/or tentative, you could tell he felt guilty in the 1st OT for not taking the last shot in regulation, Nash came out firing in the OT but he just doesn't seem to want to take the game winning shot.  Nash blew it IMO.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
WoW,
Granted, but lets look at 1st OT ending.  Phx ahead by 3.  Spurs inbound the ball with about 9 seconds left.  Once Ginobili drives inside of the arc, why even bother to guard him?  Instead Shraq and Nash are doubleteaming GNob inside of the arc.  Unreal!  Concede the two pointer and the game is over.  They left Duncan without a man within 15 feet of him.  Granted Duncan sucks at treys but that is beside the point, why even give him the chance?  Concede the two and the game is over.

2 OT no the Spurs should not have "relied on their D" when they had a foul to give with only 15 seconds left.  Letting Nash attempt and make that three pointer not as bad as Phx faux pau but still retarded.  Nash hits for the tie.  Once again, a two pointer would have left the Spurs up one.  Instead tie game with only 12 seconds left. 

Oh well, that's what Supermanu is for.  :D

Findawg clutch also!  :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 08:53:08 PM »
Findawg clutch also!  :D

Cold as ice shot to send it into OT.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 02:41:09 AM »
Man, don't hate.

This was a championship team fighting back and doing what it had to do to win.  This game was an instant classic IMO.  The Spurs IMO have been a little afraid of the suns since they got Shaq.  I think it will be a real test to see if the suns can bounce back from a loss like this.  I mean, this was just one game but this was not a small loss, this was experience overcoming the odds.  I was speechless when I saw Tims sink the 3, but did you see how he played?!  He was a monster out there.  I just hope the Spurs can build from this and get this series won.  The suns are tough but I still have faith my team can get the job done.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »
Awesome shot and I jumped off the couch when he nailed it.  Still if you are phx you let him take that shot over and over and over.  He's no Dirk so its pretty safe.  Duncan was just on fire yesterday.

Reality so much for your bashing the game plan of pounding in the paint with Duncan.  He destroyed PHX in the post while your boy toy Manu and Parker were sucking It up. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »
It took the Spurs two overtimes to win the first game at home and you Spurs fans are happy?  It took a friggin 3 from Tim Duncan, who can't even shoot free throws!

You can't count on that happening again.  The Spurs are in as difficult a series as can be imagined in the first round.

Even if they do get by Phoenix, what type of shape are they going to be in, in the next round?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
Man Rick, It amazes me how dense you can be sometimes.

I am happy because we were down by 16 and came back!  Yes it took two OT's but if you are a suns fan how can you feel today after your   team had the game in hand and let it go.  They had chances to end it and did not.  As for the Spurs, are you forgetting that the Suns beat us 3 times this season?  Not to mention I think the Spurs have been a little afraid since Shaq joined them, at least they played like it.  The fact is I was nervous when we were down but not ready to panic, I figured there is still time and the second half, let's see what happens.  The guy fought back, and came out with a win.  You don't have to be a fan of the Spurs to think that THAT game was a classic, you just have to be a fan of the game.  IMO, the Spurs built up confidence from that game and the Suns need to be worried about that.  They can down play it but mentally this has to be a tough loss for them.  I think they will bounce back, but the Spurs will also use this game as a gut check for this series.  The game was awesome, and it was better than seeing our guys fold up and die after being down by 16...gee, I wonder why we WOULD be happy after seeing the team win.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:59:45 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »
It took the Spurs two overtimes to win the first game at home and you Spurs fans are happy?  It took a friggin 3 from Tim Duncan, who can't even shoot free throws!

You can't count on that happening again.  The Spurs are in as difficult a series as can be imagined in the first round.

Even if they do get by Phoenix, what type of shape are they going to be in, in the next round?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you win the games but that you won them.  Obviously the team would have loved to blown them out at home this series is not a typical first round match up.  These teams have a rivalry and they match up VERY well.  Each teams strengths are the exact opposite of the other squads.  An NBA ying yang if you will  ;D

You can't count on Duncan hitting another 3 and you also can't count on Parker and Manu Gnob shooting a horrid 35% in the first half.  This wasn't a typical Spurs game and that's why it wasn't a typical win.  They battled it out and got the W.

If you are playing the PHX Suns you don't worry about how you will look in the next round.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
Why is anyone asking Minnie Me how dense he can be? We all know whom he takes after so their is no doubt about his ability to be as dense as to make a stupid post like that. If that had been the Sixers gutting up and winning tough like that, there would be no end to his crowing about how tough they were, no one here including his daddy talks out both sides of his neck like he does.

Great win Lurker, X3, 101, that showed the heart of a champion, refusing to roll over and die, now take these boys down in 5 and send Shaq on an early vacation!
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 10:03:40 PM »
Why is anyone asking Minnie Me how dense he can be? We all know whom he takes after so their is no doubt about his ability to be as dense as to make a stupid post like that. If that had been the Sixers gutting up and winning tough like that, there would be no end to his crowing about how tough they were, no one here including his daddy talks out both sides of his neck like he does.

Great win Lurker, X3, 101, that showed the heart of a champion, refusing to roll over and die, now take these boys down in 5 and send Shaq on an early vacation!

I want Kobe to send Shaq home!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 08:20:28 AM »
I thought the Suns did a good job on Tony Parker and Raja Bell is doing a tremendous job on Manu.  This is going to be a great series.  There were some brian farts from both teams but the Spurs pulled out the win.  Of course, the Suns are just trying to steal one so it's still up to the Spurs to hold home court.