Author Topic: What seed did the NBA Champ come from?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What seed did the NBA Champ come from?
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
Previous NBA Champs.
What seed did they start the playoffs at?
Group project:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What seed did the NBA Champ come from?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »
1999 #1 Spurs
2000 #1 LAL*
2001 #2 LAL
2002 #1 Kings (LAL #2, SAS #3)
2003 #1 Spurs
2004 #2 Pistons (West MN #1, SAS #2 LAL #3)
2005 #2 Spurs
2006 #2 Miami (West SAS 1, Phx 2, Nuggets 3, Dallas 4)
2007 #3 Spurs

Conclusion:  While #1 seed has been good, not lately.
West Finals rep the last 4 years came from seed #:

* Duncan injured
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:42:19 PM by Reality »

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
1999 #1 Spurs
2000 #1 LAL*
2001 #2 LAL
2002 #1 Kings (LAL #2, SAS #3)
2003 #1 Spurs
2004 #2 Pistons (West MN #1, SAS #2 LAL #3)
2005 #2 Spurs
2006 #2 Miami (West SAS 1, Phx 2, Nuggets 3, Dallas 4)
2007 #3 Spurs

Conclusion:  While #1 seed has been good, not lately.
West Finals rep the last 4 years came from seed #:

* Duncan injured

Wow, in 10 years, the only team in the playoffs with an injured player is the 2000 Spurs with TD?  That's amazing.  I'm sure that's why there is only one asterisk. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:41:39 PM »
Wow, in 10 years, the only team in the playoffs with an injured player is the 2000 Spurs with TD?  That's amazing.  I'm sure that's why there is only one asterisk. 
RL,
The only team with a true undisputed MVP type player injured, yes.
Babble about Malone all you want, that would mean you did and do not consider Kobe or Shaq the 2004 teams MVP. 

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 03:33:50 PM »
So Malone was never an MVP type?  Just because the Lakers had Shaq and Kobe, does it lesson the impact of Malone?  If Detroit had lost Big Ben, Billups or Prince -- they wouldn't have won -- why would you lesson the impact of Malone? 

I'd say that the last team in the league that can complain about injuries is the Spurs -- not that I would expect a bandwagon fan to really comprehend that.  The Spurs got TD, one of the most complete players to ever come out of college and a big man to boot, because of injuries.  If you want to put asterisks on a year because of injuries, why don't you put one on every year the Spurs won a championship with TD. 

Injuries are an excuse -- and a lame one.  It doesn't lessen what another team did that year -- we can only guess "what if."  You don't know that the Spurs would have been #1 or if they would have won -- and we ALL know your abilities as a prognosticator -- you've been saying the Spurs would every year since you jumped on their bandwagon.  Hmm, jumping from Chicago's bandwagon to the Spurs was a long jump -- bet you feel that wagon getting a little shaky after the last few games, huh?  Time to jump again?  I bet the real Spurs fan on this board wouldn't even shed a tear!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
So Malone was never an MVP type?  Just because the Lakers had Shaq and Kobe, does it lesson the impact of Malone?  If Detroit had lost Big Ben, Billups or Prince -- they wouldn't have won -- why would you lesson the impact of Malone? 

I'd say that the last team in the league that can complain about injuries is the Spurs -- not that I would expect a bandwagon fan to really comprehend that.  The Spurs got TD, one of the most complete players to ever come out of college and a big man to boot, because of injuries.  If you want to put asterisks on a year because of injuries, why don't you put one on every year the Spurs won a championship with TD. 

Injuries are an excuse -- and a lame one.  It doesn't lessen what another team did that year -- we can only guess "what if."  You don't know that the Spurs would have been #1 or if they would have won -- and we ALL know your abilities as a prognosticator -- you've been saying the Spurs would every year since you jumped on their bandwagon.  Hmm, jumping from Chicago's bandwagon to the Spurs was a long jump -- bet you feel that wagon getting a little shaky after the last few games, huh?  Time to jump again?  I bet the real Spurs fan on this board wouldn't even shed a tear!

No we shed tears when even bandwagon fans leave.  But we will never shed tears over moronic posts that don't change in 7 years...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
No we shed tears when even bandwagon fans leave.  But we will never shed tears over moronic posts that don't change in 7 years...

So you are saying that Reality's post don't get to you. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »
The Laker posters don't like this subject of #1 seeds not translating into Championships.
 :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »
Golden State vs Lakers round 1.....
How sweet would that be?  WooHoo!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »
The Laker posters don't like this subject of #1 seeds not translating into Championships.
 :D

Isn't there anything "Spurs" to talk about?  Oh wait, that is something a REAL Spurs fan would do.  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »

I don't shed tears over them...see above explanation. 

But bandwagon fans are at least fans and can discuss your team on a superficial level.  So I will shed tears for losing even a bandwagon fan.  Losing a true fan calls for a week long mourning period with repeated watching of past highlights while toasting our favorite beverages to our dear departed fellow fan.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »

Hmm, see this is hypocrisy -- failing to notice the moronic posts that Reality makes FOR Spurs only to decry the ones made against Spurs. 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »

Hmm, see this is hypocrisy -- failing to notice the moronic posts that Reality makes FOR Spurs only to decry the ones made against Spurs. 

Only thing I notice is a post before yours that proves CLEARLY your total lack of reading comprehension.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
Quote from: Randy on Today at 10:15:57 pm
Quote from: Lurker on Today at 04:37:00 pm
Quote from: Randy on Today at 04:33:50 pm

Only thing I notice is a post before yours that proves CLEARLY your total lack of reading comprehension.

Hmm, I guess it was clear to you -- it certainly wasn't clear to me.  I've read it again and I still wouldn't have read it any other way that a diss against me.  My apologies.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »
Quote from: Randy on Today at 10:15:57 pm
Quote from: Lurker on Today at 04:37:00 pm
Quote from: Randy on Today at 04:33:50 pm

Hmm, I guess it was clear to you -- it certainly wasn't clear to me.  I've read it again and I still wouldn't have read it any other way that a diss against me.  My apologies.

Of course it was a diss against you.  But that doesn't mean I support moronic posts form Reality.  What I said was that I do not shed tears for moronic posts.  BTW try reading THIS post:

Quote from: WayOutWest on April 14, 2008, 04:40:13 pm
Quote from: Lurker on April 14, 2008, 04:37:00 pm

I don't shed tears over them...see above explanation. 
-Moody Blues