Author Topic: Final Four Picks  (Read 3621 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Final Four Picks
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
Anyone want to give their picks for the final four and then the big game?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Final Four Picks
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:05:40 PM »
Mucha tourista dollares por San Antonio!    ;D

Well, I hope Kansas wins as it will let me win the pool I am in.

But I look for UNC & Memphis to meet in the finals and Memphis to come out on top.

But if they use NBA refs then it is a lock that UCLA (Unified Collusionists of Los Angeles) will win as they have the biggest market.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »
Poor Kansas, UNC will will ROLL them.

UCLA will struggle against Memphis' defense but will prevail.

UCLA will smack the Tarheels.

Texans will be getting used to both college AND pro basketball teams losing.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Texans will be getting used to both college AND pro basketball teams losing.

Well, after more Final Fours and more NBA titles than any other city in the last decade I guess we will figure out a way to drown our tears down here in old San Antonio...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:40:29 PM »
Ahh, the big state of texas -- it covers more space than any state outside of Alaska and yet produces more blowhards than California (I believe it's Texas the greatest agricultural export because they sure seem to grow them down there).  Texas doesn't know anything about history, legacy or a heritage of winning -- if they win one time they forget there's ever been another title.

I hear they are considering making the banners 4x bigger for the Spurs so the stadium won't look so bare and will begin to look as full as the rafters in the Staples Center.

And UNC and Memphis with UNC taking it all!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »
Ahh, the big state of texas -- it covers more space than any state outside of Alaska and yet produces more blowhards than California (I believe it's Texas the greatest agricultural export because they sure seem to grow them down there). 

Ah, from someone who identifies with California...home of more fruits and nuts then the other 49 states combined.  Are you a fruit or a nut?

Texas doesn't know anything about history, legacy or a heritage of winning

Maybe if you knew anything about history you wouldn't make such ridiculous comments.  Texas WON its independence from Mexico.  California had to have another country go to war and win their freedom.  Maybe that is what is wrong with California...it was the spoils of war.  And has been rotten ever since.

-- if they win one time they forget there's ever been another title.

Randy...count slowly with me.  The Spurs have won: 1...2...3...4 titles.  Not "just one".  Which happens to be more than the Lakers.

BTW you, of course, ignored the part about "in the last decade" because (as usual) it didn't fit your preconcieved notion of the thread. 
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »
Ahh, the big state of texas -- it covers more space than any state outside of Alaska and yet produces more blowhards than California (I believe it's Texas the greatest agricultural export because they sure seem to grow them down there). 

Ah, from someone who identifies with California...home of more fruits and nuts then the other 49 states combined.  Are you a fruit or a nut?

Well, sometimes I feel like a nut but never a fruit.  I don't identify with California -- was born there but left when I was 6.  One of my favorite cities is there -- San Diego but other than Magic Mountain (the BEST Six Flags in the country), Yosemite and the Lakers -- not much else that I would really consider myself a fan of.

Texas doesn't know anything about history, legacy or a heritage of winning

Maybe if you knew anything about history you wouldn't make such ridiculous comments.  Texas WON its independence from Mexico.  California had to have another country go to war and win their freedom.  Maybe that is what is wrong with California...it was the spoils of war.  And has been rotten ever since.

Hmm, sounds like a history lesson is truly needed -- you seem to forget how many from other states came to help Texas win it's independence from Mexico.  Not only are you Texans conceited but you are an ungrateful lot!

-- if they win one time they forget there's ever been another title.

Randy...count slowly with me.  The Spurs have won: 1...2...3...4 titles.  Not "just one".  Which happens to be more than the Lakers.

BTW you, of course, ignored the part about "in the last decade" because (as usual) it didn't fit your preconcieved notion of the thread. 

4 titles is more than the Lakers?  Hmm -- I'm guessing you have forgotten how to count!  Oh, you want to define it by ONLY counting the last decade -- I guess that's one way to skew things in your favor.  Keep counting that 4 -- it's difficult to count how many the Lakers have hanging in their rafters.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
4 titles is more than the Lakers?  Hmm -- I'm guessing you have forgotten how to count!  Oh, you want to define it by ONLY counting the last decade -- I guess that's one way to skew things in your favor.  Keep counting that 4 -- it's difficult to count how many the Lakers have hanging in their rafters.

Hello McFly!   My INITIAL comment was "in the last decade" but because that looks bad for your argument you just choose to ignore it.

So McFly I'll try again slowly.

IN THE LAST DECADE (10 YEARS) THE SPURS HAVE WON MORE TITLES THAN ANY OTHER NBA TEAM!

Now try to understand that...I'm not discussing the entire history of the NBA.  Just the last 10 years.

Hmm, sounds like a history lesson is truly needed -- you seem to forget how many from other states came to help Texas win it's independence from Mexico.  Not only are you Texans conceited but you are an ungrateful lot!

And I suppose only people born in California fought in the Mexican-American war.  Some things from you are so dense.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »
Look I already hi jacked a thread to bash people from Texas/California.  Please take this fight into there.  Thanks.

I have Kansas going all the way.  UCLA broke my heart when they choked against Florida.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
UNC over Memphis.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »
Hello McFly!   My INITIAL comment was "in the last decade" but because that looks bad for your argument you just choose to ignore it.

LOL Mr. Kettle.  The last eight years would look bad for your argument as would in all NBA history.  Check how framing things so they don't make your argument look bad in this thread and you will find two framers.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »
4 titles is more than the Lakers?  Hmm -- I'm guessing you have forgotten how to count!  Oh, you want to define it by ONLY counting the last decade -- I guess that's one way to skew things in your favor.  Keep counting that 4 -- it's difficult to count how many the Lakers have hanging in their rafters.

Hello McFly!   My INITIAL comment was "in the last decade" but because that looks bad for your argument you just choose to ignore it.

So McFly I'll try again slowly.

IN THE LAST DECADE (10 YEARS) THE SPURS HAVE WON MORE TITLES THAN ANY OTHER NBA TEAM!

Now try to understand that...I'm not discussing the entire history of the NBA.  Just the last 10 years.

Okay, I get it, you want to talk about ONLY the last 10 years because the Spurs don't look good if you look past those years -- I get it.  It's okay -- you realize it's one of the FEW decades that the Lakers weren't one of the most dominant teams in the NBA?  Yep, that's just GOT to hurt, doesn't it?

Hmm, sounds like a history lesson is truly needed -- you seem to forget how many from other states came to help Texas win it's independence from Mexico.  Not only are you Texans conceited but you are an ungrateful lot!

And I suppose only people born in California fought in the Mexican-American war.  Some things from you are so dense.

I thought we already established the fact that Cali was saved by the good ole US -- I was just pointing out that if it weren't for all of our heroes coming to save your lazy Texas butts, you would still be speaking Spanish (English isn't a 2nd language for you, is it?).

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »

LOL Mr. Kettle.  The last eight years would look bad for your argument as would in all NBA history.  Check how framing things so they don't make your argument look bad in this thread and you will find two framers.

No my comment was in context with the Final Fours as well as NBA titles.  I purposedly used 10 years because that was the time period used in the article I read about the Final Fours...which just happened to be what the thread was originally about.  I was in no way trying to argue NBA titles only.  But Mr "Read What I Want" twisted the post into his argument.  And it is his selective reading and constant misstating other's words that I am replying to.

We could also take 20 years on the NBA titles if you want...it will make the Spurs look good compared to the Lakers also.  But I don't have the info on Final Fours for that time period.

But if it will make you feel better I will freely admit that the Lakers organization has won more titles in its history than the Spurs organization.  Although it has nothing to do with my original post.

-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
But if it will make you feel better I will freely admit that the Lakers organization has won more titles in its history than the Spurs organization.  Although it has nothing to do with my original post.

Now where is the fun in that!  Now where would the inhabitants of the Alamo had been had they used that kind of attitude!

I really was kidding in my previous posts -- well, except about the part where the Lakers are better than the Spurs -- and . . . ;D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 06:19:24 AM »
What's everyones take on Derrik Rose, pg on Memphis?

Should be matched up vs Darren Collison of UCLA on Sat, supposed to be a great matchup.