Author Topic: Lakers lose at Staples to the worst road team in the NBA.  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Lakers lose at Staples to the worst road team in the NBA.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »

Although I would say the Lakers have an adjustable-rate mortgage on Utah--you don't own us!  ;)

Should we face you second round, we will pay off that mortgage in 6, and then, OW**GE!
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 03:04:42 PM »
I don't care why you are doing it.  It is just fun to watch you all try to top each other as the one who first called out the downfall of the Lakers this year.  I was just asking Skander to let you all continue to trash the Lakers.  If any of us non-believers were to come with these posts then the "brotherhood" would close ranks and defend their team to the bitter death (just like the Texans at the Alamo - so I guess Californians do idolize Texans). 

8)

::)  

There is this thing called "projection" mmmmkaaayyyy.  You sick little monkey!  Got South Park?

There is a difference between non-believers, like Skandypants and JoeV, and ENVIOUS haters like hmmmm...."others".  Kettle is right over there at the bar, go introduce yourself.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
Good comments, Dan.

Just one small point...I doubt the Lakers will play the Jazz in the second round.  It looks like the Jazz will be the 4 seed. And the Lakers should end up 2 or 3.  Won't meet until the WCF if both make it that far.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »
Tis true, my bad, won't that mean San Antonio second round then? Well, I still stand by my team, if we can get past them, and this Sunday should tell us a little more about that matchup, than we face either NO or Utah in the WC FInals, and that my friends would be a dream come true. Now I just have to hope whomever it is the Spurs draw first round gets into an absolute 7 game slug fest with them!
Dan

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
I don't care why you are doing it.  It is just fun to watch you all try to top each other as the one who first called out the downfall of the Lakers this year.  I was just asking Skander to let you all continue to trash the Lakers.  If any of us non-believers were to come with these posts then the "brotherhood" would close ranks and defend their team to the bitter death (just like the Texans at the Alamo - so I guess Californians do idolize Texans). 

8)

Oooh, oooh, I called it first.  I called the downfall first.  It was me, msc!  ;)

In all seriousness, I'm concerned about the Lakers defense heading in to the playoffs.  I could blame the injuries, but I won't.  Every team has injuries, they suck, but there's nothing you can do about it.  While they play great in spurts, this team hasn't shown enough consistency on both ends of the floor to win a championship this year.  That's my shot, I'm calling it, and there's nothing more I would love then to be wrong.  That would be the most delicious crow ever  ;)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »
True that the Lakers have in general outplayed the Jazz this year. But don't forget what we're capable of doing to you, even when you're at full strength and we're missing our leading scorer and rebounder. November 30, 2007.

If it happens, it will be a great conference final.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 06:32:13 PM »
True that the Lakers have in general outplayed the Jazz this year. But don't forget what we're capable of doing to you, even when you're at full strength and we're missing our leading scorer and rebounder. November 30, 2007.

If it happens, it will be a great conference final.

Agreed.  It's a very good match up.   And why bother to bring up Boozer when clearly the Lakers front line can do damage as well.  Now Deron?  He punks the Lakers every single time they play and it's going to continue to be that way for many many years to come.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com