Author Topic: Can you think of games where a coach won the game for the team?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can you think of games where a coach won the game for the team?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 01:41:58 PM »
I still like PJ vs. Pop in the finals years ago -- the first couple of games, the Lakers couldn't seem to win and then suddenly PJ makes a couple of adjustments and the Spurs look like deers caught in headlights. 

Of course, then we can go back to what I believe was one of the most talented group of players ever assembled:  NVE, Eddie Jones, Kobe (although a young one), Rice, Campbell and Shaq -- and yet Sloan outcoached the horrible Del Harris into one of the most clueless exhibitions of coaching I have ever seen.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Can you think of games where a coach won the game for the team?
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
I still like PJ vs. Pop in the finals years ago -- the first couple of games, the Lakers couldn't seem to win and then suddenly PJ makes a couple of adjustments and the Spurs look like deers caught in headlights. 

Of course, then we can go back to what I believe was one of the most talented group of players ever assembled:  NVE, Eddie Jones, Kobe (although a young one), Rice, Campbell and Shaq -- and yet Sloan outcoached the horrible Del Harris into one of the most clueless exhibitions of coaching I have ever seen.

Boy do I remember that one! I think we hung Harris in effigy for that fiasco, to be honest with you, substitation misjudgments aside, Sloan is quite brilliant just by virtue of how he prepares his teams for a given game/series. Harris sure did nothing to help Dallas defensively while he was there, even with his "defensively minded coaching style". I HATED his tenure as coach in LA, almost as much as Randy Pfund's.
Dan