Author Topic: Good win for the Sixers tonight  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Good win for the Sixers tonight
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »
I have given you a lot of flak about some of your statements, Rick, but I wanted to give the Sixers props for beating the Pistons tonight.  I'm not saying that it puts them up there with the Pistons -- I still don't think they could win in a playoff series against the Pistons but they are showing that they are growing up quickly and moving up to the 2nd tier in the Eastern Conference.

So, bods, where do you think (based on the way that the Sixers are playing right now) that the Sixers rank in the Eastern Conference?  Do you think they are playing good enough to be fifth (behind Boston, Detroit, Orlando and the Cavs)?  I think that's where I would put them right now (although it's important to remember that Washington is pretty beat up so they fall off the radar because of it).  Unfortunately, the Sixers are going to have to play one of the four teams in the playoffs -- which would you prefer?  Orlando or the Cavs?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Good win for the Sixers tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:27 PM »
Right now, I would prefer to play the Cavaliers since Orlando has been much hotter as of late.  Cleveland has to integrate a lot of new players, though, and they may become a better team by playoff time.

Any team with a LeBron on it is dangerous- you can't afford to have Cleveland close at the end, but they are beatable. Orlando can score a lot of points and shoot from the outside and they are playing their best ball right now.  Philly has shown they can finally play with Orlando, but I'd like them to win against another playoff opponent first to build up their confidence.

Out of the top 4 in the East, I think Cleveland is the most vulnerable, then Orlando, then Detroit and finally Boston.

The Sixers can't get to the finals unless Boston falls, and I don't think that will happen.  But if the Sixers can get to meet Boston in the playoffs in the E.C. finals or semis, that would be a real accomplishment.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Good win for the Sixers tonight
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »
Right now, I would prefer to play the Cavaliers since Orlando has been much hotter as of late.  Cleveland has to integrate a lot of new players, though, and they may become a better team by playoff time.

Any team with a LeBron on it is dangerous- you can't afford to have Cleveland close at the end, but they are beatable. Orlando can score a lot of points and shoot from the outside and they are playing their best ball right now.  Philly has shown they can finally play with Orlando, but I'd like them to win against another playoff opponent first to build up their confidence.

Out of the top 4 in the East, I think Cleveland is the most vulnerable, then Orlando, then Detroit and finally Boston.

The Sixers can't get to the finals unless Boston falls, and I don't think that will happen.  But if the Sixers can get to meet Boston in the playoffs in the E.C. finals or semis, that would be a real accomplishment.

Rick, sometimes I almost think you are joking!  I tell you what -- if you were trolling for fish, I'd say you were about the best on this board at it -- way up there with Chief (from the old days).  There is no way that the Sixers make it to the EC finals.  Don't bet all your gold on the Sixers in the first round -- you'd lose that faster than Shaq can eat a Big Mac.