Author Topic: OT - W.O.W, halo 3  (Read 2676 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OT - W.O.W, halo 3
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/championship/default.htm

Just thought you might want to let Indo to know about this, $50,000.00 prize and the final 8 fly to new york with film crew for Spike TV...I am letting everyone that I know about it.   I think FatherBucky signed up for it...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - W.O.W, halo 3
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/championship/default.htm

Just thought you might want to let Indo to know about this, $50,000.00 prize and the final 8 fly to new york with film crew for Spike TV...I am letting everyone that I know about it.   I think FatherBucky signed up for it...

SCREW THAT!!!!

Have you seen this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3253039&categoryId=3208334&n8pe6c=3
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
FYI,

Indo said all those guys suck.  He said all MLG guys suck and the whole MLG things is weak and no fun.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »
Yeah, Gizmo has one of the MLG guys on his buddy list and I just happenned to jump into a custom game with them, BR's  I hate Br's but I guess I got to learn how to use them better, in any case, most of these guys were just rude A-holes, the even with each other, they called each other "try hard" because "trying to win" is uncool... ::)...and what was the other thing?  oh yeah, my EXP was too high,  ::).

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 04:25:04 PM »
Yeah, Gizmo has one of the MLG guys on his buddy list and I just happenned to jump into a custom game with them, BR's  I hate Br's but I guess I got to learn how to use them better, in any case, most of these guys were just rude A-holes, the even with each other, they called each other "try hard" because "trying to win" is uncool... ::)...and what was the other thing?  oh yeah, my EXP was too high,  ::).

Indo knew every guy on that ESPN Top 10 and was not impressed with any of them (that is scary).  I want to ask him for some films of his games against those guys, the two films of "Team Hardcore" he used as examples of typical tactics to Pilly and I had him with 22 and 25 kills and no deaths.   :o  Indo says the BR is the ultimate weapon, it's all about it's versatility, everyone should know how to use it well in Halo 3.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:36:24 AM »
I started the qualifying tournament last night...lots of good players were on.  I wasn't first - but I was not last either - I think I get nervous playing in these things becuase I kept getting 3rd or 4th place.  In any case, I am forced to use a BR in these games, which sux, because I am using five shots and then have to reload when these other guys are pulling off two shots and killing me.  You have be really good with the scope on that thing to keep it steady and get someone with a head shot.  I actually downed one guy with one round from the BR to the head, so I know you have to be good with your aim.  I was adjusting the sensitivity on the controller quite a bit.  I only played it for ab about an hour last night, will try again tonight, got a skill level 4.  The games are a lot of BR's and oddball so far, and surprisingly not a lot of "a-holes" were on, as a matter of fact most of the people playing had no clue that they were qualifying for 50k in new york.  :o 

anyway, I gotta learn how to use that BR... :-\

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:31:05 PM »
I started the qualifying tournament last night...lots of good players were on.  I wasn't first - but I was not last either - I think I get nervous playing in these things becuase I kept getting 3rd or 4th place.  In any case, I am forced to use a BR in these games, which sux, because I am using five shots and then have to reload when these other guys are pulling off two shots and killing me.  You have be really good with the scope on that thing to keep it steady and get someone with a head shot.  I actually downed one guy with one round from the BR to the head, so I know you have to be good with your aim.  I was adjusting the sensitivity on the controller quite a bit.  I only played it for ab about an hour last night, will try again tonight, got a skill level 4.  The games are a lot of BR's and oddball so far, and surprisingly not a lot of "a-holes" were on, as a matter of fact most of the people playing had no clue that they were qualifying for 50k in new york.  :o 

anyway, I gotta learn how to use that BR... :-\

When is the cutoff for signing up?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »
I dont know, I think you just need to download the gamer pic, and the tourney should have a hopper loaded in matchmaking.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »
WOW, hey you sworn off Halo?  have not seen you on lately.  See the kids, but didn't want to jump into any of the custom games they play.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
WOW, hey you sworn off Halo?  have not seen you on lately.  See the kids, but didn't want to jump into any of the custom games they play.

Started playing COD-4 and been playing a little bit of internet poker.  The other thing is the race in the WC is so tight that alot of games on TV have the potential to be really good.  On days with good games on I'm typically not ready to start playing until 10:00 to 10:30 p.m so I usually don't bother if I don't see a bunch of you guys on Halo 3 still playing.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
SWAT was a nice little thing they did.  Helped me to get better with the BR.

As for COD4, I love the story line, can't get into the online play...just not my cup of tea.

I can understand the basketball thing, I had to check the scores last night to see how we were doing.  :)  Nice to see the Spurs are starting to get tougher mentally. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 04:34:26 PM »
SWAT was a nice little thing they did.  Helped me to get better with the BR.

As for COD4, I love the story line, can't get into the online play...just not my cup of tea.

I can understand the basketball thing, I had to check the scores last night to see how we were doing.  :)  Nice to see the Spurs are starting to get tougher mentally. 

I've played against other players and it sucks compared to Halo 3.  I am playing the story line game and I really like it.  I've tried playing the story line with one other player on the same console like you do in Halo 3 but it doesn't seem to work.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"