Author Topic: Who saw the Jazz-Mavs game?  (Read 2822 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Who saw the Jazz-Mavs game?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »
I'd like to see them run more O thru Josh Howard, they seem married to Dork in crunchtime and its too predictable.

I would too cause Howard is such a dummy.  He has struggle alot lately, making stupid decisions and taking bad shots.  Josh needs to get his head on strait and get back to his all-star form.  He seems to be the only guy that has regressed with the addition of Kidd.

The Mavs will be just fine come playoff time and I think they have a legit shot at the title.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »
Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle! Did I see the same game you guys did? Ted and JN are correct, that WAS A TAKEDOWN, and a very intentional one at that! As I posted in another thread regarding their other talentless defensive thug, Eric Dampier, it's what you get when you are asked to play defense and you have no skills.

Dallas looks average, big deal they came back from 18 down to Utah, Utah took the whole 3rd quarter off like they had it all wrapped up, and Dallas capitalized, when Utah realized what was happening, they tightened it up proved they can torch Dallas offensively simply because Dallas has no defense.

In LA they never looked like they could put together more than a keep pace run with the Lakers, props to Dirk for his 4th quarter but unlike LA, Dirk cannot "put his team on his back" like Kobe can, and Kobe did it while Dampier was trying to decapitate him the whole game, I thought at least through 3 quarters Odom handled Dirk pretty well, I think the flop he got away with was evidence he was frustrated at the pressure Odom was applying.

Did not see the Spurs game but I have no doubt in my mind the Spurs a the better team and their steady poise will crush Dallas if they face each other.

The Mavericks really aren't the running team they used to be X3, they have slowly become more of a half court team which is where Kidd helps them very little, he is used to delivering quickly as a team flies up court, way more fastbreak oriented than Dallas plays, at least, that is what I feel. Besides, Harris was more of a scorer than Kidd and Diop a better, at least more consistant and less desperate, defender than Dampier.

Phoenix better watch out, they are only 2 or 3 more losses from dropping to 9th, they lost to every signifcant team they faced except Boston and Dallas in February, and are only 1 game over .500 in conference, and New Orleans and Detroit ran them clean off the floor, IMO, as bad as the trade Dallas made was, I think the Suns really blew it and so far, I think I am right.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 03:52:05 PM »
http://www.zshare.net/audio/8103762223ba35/

This is why J Kidd hasn't meshed so well recently.  He's busy with his rap career.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »
One thing I failed to mention about the game:

Deron again outplayed an "elite" point guard head to head. 17 pts 20 asts. Props to Kidd though for his shooting. He had 4 big threes in the second half. Funny though, seemed like he was locked in from one distance, but when he stepped in, the clanks started coming. Still, Kidd will be, IMO, Dallas' go-to guy in crunch time. He was very strong against the Jazz, but he couldn't do it alone. Nitwitzki coughed the ball up 2 or 3 times in the last three minutes. And of course, the Jazz had no problem capitalizing on Dirk's mistakes. Pitiful interior defense. The guards were VERY active on D, however. Terry, Kidd, and George were all over Deron at the end, with some success I might add. But we had Korver, and he was nails at the free throw line, and VERY GOOD at getting to the ball for those foul shots.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »
Am I alone in thinking that Andre "Russian Bill LAMEbeer" Kirelenko deserved this?   After all the punishment dished out by Deron "Rick Mahorn" Williams I think it's only fair the Utah Bad Boys get a message sent back at them.

Wait I am not alone...we know JoMaL agrees with me  8)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle! Did I see the same game you guys did? Ted and JN are correct, that WAS A TAKEDOWN, and a very intentional one at that! As I posted in another thread regarding their other talentless defensive thug, Eric Dampier, it's what you get when you are asked to play defense and you have no skills.

It was not a cheapshot, clear as day IMO.  Just a case of things moving too fast for those big bodies.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »

It was not a cheapshot, clear as day IMO.  Just a case of things moving too fast for those big bodies.

IMO not any worse that Horford's hit on TJ Ford and Horford was suspended.  Dirk deserves a one game vacation.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 05:01:56 PM »

IMO not any worse that Horford's hit on TJ Ford and Horford was suspended.  Dirk deserves a one game vacation.

Methinks you're going Euro-soft WOW, no way that was just big bodies slamming into each other too fast.

Touche' Lurker, 1 game would be well-deserved.
Dan

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
He got one game ... should help Houston continue their streak sans Yao ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3278549