Author Topic: Remaining West schedules  (Read 5860 times)

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Remaining West schedules
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
yes, but Hollinger doesn't take WSOO and CWSOO into account. That's why he can NOT predict the rest of the season.

Reality CAN ... once he finished putting the numbers in the formula.
That's what's so great about my formula.

(but honestly, since the formula is SOOO obvious, I guess Hollinger knows it too, he just doesn't want to kill any suspense. Props to him ...)

anyway, I can't wait to see who got the #1 seed for the playoffs. Hurry up, Reality, hurry up ...
 :D
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »
I'm not planning on running the figures.
I was waiting for you to run the figures.

atom2030 Hope you get the real ranking done later tonight ...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

anyway, I can't wait to see who got the #1 seed for the playoffs. Hurry up, Reality, hurry up ...
 :D

Obviously you haven't been around very long.  Anyone who has read more than 3 week sof threads can answer this for Reality...

1. Spursies
2. Rest of the west
29.  Leastern conference
30.  Stern's Collusionists aka Los Angeles Lakers
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »
??
Atom was asking about the seeding.
I don't care that much, as long as Spurs are at least 4th and preferably at least 3rd.

My guess would be
1.  Collusionists
2.  New Orl 
3-6  Spurs -Phx --Utah-Dallas
7 ?
8 ?

Lurker, do you want Barrdog back?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »
My guess would be
1.  Collusionists
3-6  Spurs -Phx --Utah-Dallas

Why do you have the Spurs listed twice? 

I wonder is Shaq will be enough for the Suns to overcome the collusion of last years playoff suspensions.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
Why do you have the Spurs listed twice? 

I wonder is Shaq will be enough for the Suns to overcome the collusion of last years playoff suspensions.
Maybe dabods will enact some minimum i.q. levels required for membership.
Here, this is from another poster, even tho they say the same thing maybe you will get it.
"LakerFans...what part of Barry was waived and can be claimed by any team in the NBA don't you get?
That's not collusion...morons.
You guys can block him from coming to the Spurs.
Unlike the Gasol trade....where no one could stop it from happening."

Ditto Phoenix admitting they knew the bench rules before the playoffs and subsequently at the owners meetings made no motion to change any of the rules. 

Enough sour grapes from you.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »

Lurker, do you want Barrdog back?

I see this as a two part question:

Do the Spurs need Barry back?  

No, they were doing just fine with him being on the injured list.  And Pop has already started to shorten his rotation.

Should the Spurs re-sign Barry?

Yes, if for no other reason than to keep another contender from signing him.  And as insurance...a 3 pt bomber can get hot and change the outcome of just one game could make the difference in a series.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
Maybe dabods will enact some minimum i.q. levels required for membership.

I hope not, otherwise you won't be around here to get OWNED!  I am starting to crave my daily Reality OWNAGE, don't know what I would do without it.  So PLEASE Dabods, let Reality keep posting here so I can continue my dynasty of OWNAGE on him.

Here, this is from another poster, even tho they say the same thing maybe you will get it.
"LakerFans...what part of Barry was waived and can be claimed by any team in the NBA don't you get?
That's not collusion...morons.
You guys can block him from coming to the Spurs. 

Nobody can block Barry from going back to the Spurs if there is collusion involved.

Unlike the Gasol trade....where no one could stop it from happening."

Anybody could have offered a better deal and blocked the Gasol trade.  Too bad everyone was asleep at the switch.

Ditto Phoenix admitting they knew the bench rules before the playoffs and subsequently at the owners meetings made no motion to change any of the rules. 

Of course the Suns kept quiet.  The NBA, David Stern in particular, demanded the Suns not challenge nor speak about the collusion/robbery that occured durring the Suns/Spurs series.  Everyone knew the fix was in, especially Vegas, that's why the Maloofs were quiet about it as well since they made a killing.  The NBA knew about the ref being on the take, that is why he ref'd some of the Suns/Spurs games and that is why the Spurs were gifted that series, Pop and a couple of Spurs insiders threatened to go public with that info.  At the time very few people knew about the ref on the take so the threat was real and that is why the NBA ensured the Spurs would prevail.  Since the ref news is now public don't expect the Suns, or any other teams that gets robbed by the refs and the Spurs, will NOT keep quiet after being robbed.

Enough sour grapes from you.

Take your own advice about the Gasol trade, or direct your idiocy towards the Spurs front office where it belongs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
Thanks FRANs.
koastal the Spurs just got off a 9 game win streak also. ;)

rt how is that 19 year old Sixer looking?

Young looks great, particularly when he gets to play at the 3 rather than being forced to play at the 4, where he gets beaten up by bigger, taller players.  Offensively, he can hold his own against 4's, but defensively he needs a lot of work.

He has great instincts for moving without the ball.  Seems to find lots of easy baskets by sliding into the post at the right time.  Sees open spots on the floor, and anticipates where seams should open up.  Runs like a gazelle, and as soon as the Sixers get the ball he races down the floor, beats everyone and gets easy layups. 

Also a fairly confident post-up player, likes to spin and has good soft hands, comfortable using the backboard to make shots.

Should turn into a upper echelon 3, if the Sixers can find a legitimate 4 or 5 to add to the team.  Definitely one of the better picks in the draft, would have probably made the rookie team if he had been given minutes from the beginning. 

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 05:51:25 PM »
What did his post have to do with what any team did before this point in time?

And, why are you complaining about it?

That's the way to defend him Minnie Me, you da man!
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
WoW, thanks FRAN.
All 5 of your responses further weaken your already weak takes.  If "self proclaimed ownage" is your thing, rrrrraaaagh continue to go for it! :D

rt between Igs, Young and others maybe they have a basis.  I still agree with dabods they should have moved people out like Miller and gone for a better lotto pick.  Had Dalembert improved at all?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
Reality if Barry is doing the SAME THING as Stackhouse...why doesn't this stink as well?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »
I'm answering from the viewpoint that you are sincerely asking.
Stackhouse was going to be bought out.  A bought out player can then sign with any team irregardless of what other teams do or do not want.  Hence no team could have stopped Stack from returning to Dallas.
The only provisio is that Stack would have to wait 30 days to re-sign with the Mavs. 

Barry was waived and will remain so for up to 48 hours.  This allows Spurs opponents who want to block Barry coming back to the Spurs, and/or teams that want Barry for their own teams good, or for both reasons to do so.  Hence you may well see Phx or Houston or for that matter even the Lakers give Barry an offer.  Even if Barry declines it, opponents had the chance to obtain Barry.  Also Barry cannot pick and choose, either he goes with the offer from team that claims him off waivers (48 hours) or he retires. 
Now if he clears waivers (48+ hours expired), he can then sign with any team.  The Spurs are the only team that has to wait 30 days, but they can sign him.  That still means Lakers, Houston, Phx and every other qualifying team had a chance to claim him.

Stackhouses being bought out would have given no such chance to opponents of Mavs.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:37 AM »
Actually, I'm not sure there is much of a difference the way it plays out.  Barry is currently hurt so I doubt that anyone will take a chance on putting him on their roster when he may never play a game with them.  So, if Barry isn't picked up on the waivers because he isn't healthy -- then the Spurs have a better chance than any team of picking him up once again if he gets healthy enough to play again this year.  In fact, I would state rather emphatically, that the Spurs would have NEVER traded Barry had he been healthy enough to play because they wouldn't want another team picking him up to come off the bench and shoot three pointers against them this year. 

That doesn't sound much different than Stackhouse's deal.  It was widely known that Barry would be waived just as it was widely known that Stackhouse would be bought out (these things get "leaked" by unnamed sources for whatever reason).  The difference is that Stackhouse opened his mouth stupidly and the league had to step in to show that collusion isn't allowed in the league (except with the Spurs, of course).

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »
Dalemebert is just a back-up player.  At times he looks like he can carry the load, and physically, he has the skills.  But he just doesn't know how to play well enough to play against a skilled opponent.  A player like Dwight Howard will dominate him, night in and out.  Paired up with a good PF, he could start, but the Sixers need a stronger player to put with him.

I didn't care if they moved Miller. Right now he is helping Lou Williams learn how to be a point, (and draw contact when he's driving)  The Sixers need a PF/Center, and if they trade Miller they'll need another point as well.

Stefanski seems to have a good perspective on what the Sixers need, and he isn't going to make a trade just to make one.  In truth there were a number of playoff teams including the Spurs, who would have benefited greatly by adding Miller, but none of those teams offered the Sixers enough of what they wanted to make it happen.

Miller's contract expires next season, and so does Giricek's.  That will give them a significant bargaining position since they will be under the cap. 

The only concern is that they make the playoffs and blow their chance at a decent lottery pick.  I doubt that they are good enough- it depends on the schedule.  Even with Miller, they have specific weaknesses that better teams can exploit.

Last night the Magic outplayed the Sixers and they could not compete.  Reggie Evans was out with the flue.  If Reggie had played the Sixers could have hung around a bit longer. but the Magic are too tall and the Sixers couldn't control the boards- something they normally do.  That's how small the Sixers margin is.  Not a playoff team out West, only if a couple other teams continue to fall apart in the East.