Author Topic: Looks like Kidd is heading to Dallas.  (Read 9022 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Looks like Kidd is heading to Dallas.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »
Just browsing the Dallas boards, for the most part they are not happy.  Biggest concern is teams will be able to double Josh and Dirk with Kidds man since he is shooting somewhere around 36%.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
Okay so after 30 days, in what way is he transferred back to Dallas?  Waived?  If so doesn't he have to clear other teams?  Traded back?

If you had read the link I posted, you'd know.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 10:11:03 PM »
Is this like a Harry Potter mystery? 

"If a team trades a player and the player is waived by the receiving team, the player's original team cannot re-sign that player for 30 days (during the season) or 20 days (during the offseason) following the date of the trade."

But can any other team claim him off waivers immediately?

You said this happens enough that there is a clause in the NBA.  True.
I say it hardly ever happens tho.

Devean Georges block might stick also.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 07:40:44 AM »
Is this like a Harry Potter mystery? 

"If a team trades a player and the player is waived by the receiving team, the player's original team cannot re-sign that player for 30 days (during the season) or 20 days (during the offseason) following the date of the trade."

But can any other team claim him off waivers immediately?

You said this happens enough that there is a clause in the NBA.  True.
I say it hardly ever happens tho.

Devean Georges block might stick also.

He isn't on waivers Reality.

Let's use someone that might make sense for you...Damon Stoudemire was bought out by Memphis.  This made him a free agent.  He was eligible to sign with any team and chose the Spurs.

Stack will be bought out by the Nets.  He will be a free agent that can sign with any team.  The only restriction since he was just traded is that he cannot re-sign with the team that traded him for 30 days.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
I don't like it.
Rule should be he cannot return to the team that traded him until next season.

Also Stoudamire was not traded to Memphis during this season but rather simply bought out, right?
I still don't get how if New Jersey "waives" Stackhouse, other teams besides Mavs cannot "claim" him, whether he likes it or not.  Hence the term "clearing waivers".

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 09:31:43 AM »
I don't like it.

Also Stoudamire was not traded to Memphis during this season but rather simply bought out, right?
I still don't get how if New Jersey "waives" Stackhouse, other teams besides Mavs cannot "claim" him, whether he likes it or not.  Hence the term "clearing waivers".

Why does it matter if its 30 days, 3 days, or 3 years?  You act like NJ is getting shelved.  They are going to get salary off the books.  They obviously wouldn't need a guy who plays the 2/3 if they would have George, Carter, and Jefferson.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 09:36:28 AM »
I sure don't understand this trade for the Mavs.  Sure, Kidd is a gifted passer and a better defender than Harris but Harris has been a real help to the Mavs in breaking down defenses and getting into the lane.  If it were just Harris they were giving up, I'd say pull the trigger but they are also giving up Diop.  Didn't the Mavs WATCH the playoffs last year?  Dampier disappeared (again) and Diop was the ONLY big man for the Mavs who did anything.  Made some key defensive plays down the stretch in several games.  I would HATE to hang my hat on Dampier -- the guy us a chronic underachiever who just disappears for no apparent reason -- and he has done it his entire career.

I understand that Phoenix and Miami are feeling "pressured" to upgrade their squads but both are selling their future for a chance at being better -- and frankly, I don't think the odds are that great that they are really improving.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »
I don't like it.

He is not being WAIVED by New Jersey.  They are BUYING OUT his contract.  It is the same thing that happend with Stoudemire.  Damon was NOT waived by Memphis; he was BOUGHT OUT.  He is a free agent and can CHOOSE which team he wants to sign with.

The only thing the trade causes to happen is that he has to wait 30 days before signing with the team that traded him.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »
the link dabods put up read:

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »
the link dabods put up read:

Right but the talks are he is not being waived.  The talks are they are going to buy out his contract.  Then you can go look at Lurker's post again.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 10:41:36 AM »
Stanks like the Gasol collusion, albiet to 1/100th of the degree.

This happens regularly, and is NOT collusion.

lurker  He is not being WAIVED by New Jersey.  They are BUYING OUT his contract.  It is the same thing that happend with Stoudemire.  Damon was NOT waived by Memphis; he was BOUGHT OUT.  He is a free agent and can CHOOSE which team he wants to sign with.
The only thing the trade causes to happen is that he has to wait 30 days before signing with the team that traded him.

B-Rad   "I don't know what I'm tlking about but Ill go along with anything that is against Realitys posts."

League to look at Stackhouse's comments
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

The NBA will investigate the possibility the Mavericks and Stackhouse violated league rules with a prearranged agreement for the forward to return to Dallas after reaching a contract buyout in New Jersey and sitting out the 30-day waiting period, sources said. Several league sources said the NBA will consider forbidding Stackhouse to re-sign with the Mavericks this season as punishment for public comments the forward made on Wednesday that suggested tampering could have occurred.

The NBA doesn't allow such prearranged agreements. The rest of the league is required to have a fair chance to sign Stackhouse in the 30 days before he is eligible to re-sign with the Mavericks. It doesn't help appearances that Stackhouse and Kidd share the same agent, Jeff Schwartz.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-stackhousesnag021508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sure is/was collusion.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
Stanks like the Gasol collusion, albiet to 1/100th of the degree.

lurker  He is not being WAIVED by New Jersey.  They are BUYING OUT his contract.  It is the same thing that happend with Stoudemire.  Damon was NOT waived by Memphis; he was BOUGHT OUT.  He is a free agent and can CHOOSE which team he wants to sign with.

B-Rad   "I don't know what I'm tlking about but Ill go along with anything that is against Realitys posts."

League to look at Stackhouse's comments
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

The NBA will investigate the possibility the Mavericks and Stackhouse violated league rules with a prearranged agreement for the forward to return to Dallas after reaching a contract buyout in New Jersey and sitting out the 30-day waiting period, sources said. Several league sources said the NBA will consider forbidding Stackhouse to re-sign with the Mavericks this season as punishment for public comments the forward made on Wednesday that suggested tampering could have occurred.

The NBA doesn't allow such prearranged agreements. The rest of the league is required to have a fair chance to sign Stackhouse in the 30 days before he is eligible to re-sign with the Mavericks. It doesn't help appearances that Stackhouse and Kidd share the same agent, Jeff Schwartz.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-stackhousesnag021508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sure is/was collusion.

LOL...so what Reality?  This is NOT what we were speaking on.  We were speaking on if it makes sense and if they can do it.  This doesn't say they cannot do it.  What they are saying is they were not allowed to agree to terms BEFORE the deal was approved.  Not that the it is illegal for them to go ahead and do it. 

You OWNED yourself by being an idiot as usual.

Why does it matter if its 30 days, 3 days, or 3 years?  You act like NJ is getting shelved.  They are going to get salary off the books.  They obviously wouldn't need a guy who plays the 2/3 if they would have George, Carter, and Jefferson.

This is what I said.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »
LOL...so what Reality?  This is NOT what we were speaking on. 

That's regularly?   
"I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," Stackhouse said. "I ain't going nowhere."
Sure smacks of 1/100th collusion to me. 

He is not being WAIVED by New Jersey.  They are BUYING OUT his contract.  It is the same thing that happend with Stoudemire.  Damon was NOT waived by Memphis; he was BOUGHT OUT.  He is a free agent and can CHOOSE which team he wants to sign with.

and 
The only restriction since he was just traded is that he cannot re-sign with the team that traded him for 30 days.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
Reality again...what they are saying is they cant make the deal up front with out it going through.  Not that he won't be able to resign with Dallas after 30 days.  You do know he can turn down all the other teams and still go to Dallas right?

lol @ adding quotes from other people in there.  You didn't own anyone.  Just give up trying.  This has been a bad week for you.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 11:19:43 AM »
I knew arguing something CBA related with reality was a mistake.