Author Topic: Profanity  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Profanity
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »
I believe we had a gentleman's agreement to not use profanity on this board, I know Rick's cluelessness can drive some of us nuts but f bombs and other such language is not needed. An intelligent man makes his point with reason and deft handling of the english language, not resorting to the lowest common denominator.

Can we all re-commit to that gentleman's agreement? I like checking in and adding my 2 cents and would hate to have to stop because of offensive language.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:19:17 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Profanity
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
I believe we had a gentleman's agreement to not use profanity on this board, I know Rick's cluelessness can drive some of us nuts but f bombs and other such language is not needed. An intelligent man makes his point with reason and deft handling of the english language, not resorting to the lowest common denominator.

Can we all re-commit to that gentleman's agreement? I like checking in and adding my 2 cents and would hate to have to stop because of offensive language.

LOL, you did pop into my head and felt a little guilty writing that post.  That's why I started with the "ignorant" SNL line, it was alot worse the first time through.  Just so annoying that he first counter point was name calling, not sure where that came from, instead of addressing the point.  Where is that voice in the wilderness when you need it?  I'll cut it out.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Profanity
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:46:55 PM »
No problem, belive me, if anyone would drive me to breaking that agreement, it would be him or our resident Laker obsessed bandwagoner. I prefer to let them drive me to glass of Bushmills instead.  ;D
Dan