Author Topic: The new look Miami Heat  (Read 1640 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
The new look Miami Heat
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »
They seemed to have alot of new faces in the lineup besides Marion.  They looked really good as an uptempo team.  It really suits Wade and Marion.  All their guys seemed to be able to run the court, they are not a contendor for the title but they do look alot better.  This new look could make them the 4th/5th best team in the East.  With a piece or two they could challenge in the next few years.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: The new look Miami Heat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »
Yeah that game yesterday reinforced my opinion that the HEat got the better end of the deal, it may prove to be nearly as lopsided as the LA/Memphis one.

While it never looked to me like the game was in doubt, even when Miami made good runs at LA, they looked young, athletic, and energized. Phoenix got hosed in this trade, Marion is such a great shot of energy it baffles me how Phoenix saw upside to an old, slow, unmotivated injury machine like O'neal.
Dan

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
word on the street is miami might let Marion opt out and walk this offseason.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »
word on the street is miami might let Marion opt out and walk this offseason.

I wouldn't be suprised.  They need a PG and a big man more then a guy who can operate on the wing.  They could always play D-Wade at the 3.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
Why in the world would Marion opt out of $17 million?  So he can sign a contract for $10-12 million?

Of course Miami will let him opt out.  Phoenix would have let him opt out.  EVERY team in the NBA would let a non-superstar opt out of superstar money.  The true question:

Is Marion stupid enough to opt out?

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:03:55 PM »
I was impressed with the impact that Marion made almost immediately for the Heat.  He and Wade worked very well together and Marion was not only effective in the open court but was rebounding, slashing, playing tough D and passing the ball well yesterday.  He and Wade took enough attention from the Lakers that they both made their young role players look good.  And most of all -- Miami fans were EXCITED by the play of this new squad.  Sure, they aren't going to win any titles (and if I were a fan, I wouldn't WANT them to get into the playoffs only to lose in the first round) but they are going to be exciting to watch and worth rooting for.

Marion made an immediate impact -- something Shaq isn't going to do.  Marion has already made the Heat better than they were with Shaq -- Phoenix is HOPING that Shaq will make them better than they were with Marion!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »
In related news...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3241141

Shaq admits to being winded in practice  :D :D :D :D

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »
Marion made an immediate impact -- something Shaq isn't going to do.  Marion has already made the Heat better than they were with Shaq -- Phoenix is HOPING that Shaq will make them better than they were with Marion!

Which I seriously doubt
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:23:43 PM »
Shaq is saying all the right things and sounds like he knows exactly what his role is for the Suns.  Wouldn't it be something if Shaq ended the season of a star player on a WC title contendor?  Taking out Kobe, TD or Dirk would end their teams title run and make it just that easier for the Suns to go all the way.  Hmmmm.............maybe Shaq does have a big role, and foul, to play for the Suns.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
Shaq is saying all the right things and sounds like he knows exactly what his role is for the Suns.  Wouldn't it be something if Shaq ended the season of a star player on a WC title contendor?  Taking out Kobe or Dirk would end their teams title run and make it just that easier for the Suns to go all the way.  Hmmmm.............maybe Shaq does have a big role, and foul, to play for the Suns.
Let light shine forth.
I am never giving up on you.
Nimrod or not.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 06:47:25 PM »
Shaq is saying all the right things and sounds like he knows exactly what his role is for the Suns.  Wouldn't it be something if Shaq ended the season of a star player on a WC title contendor?  Taking out Kobe or Dirk would end their teams title run and make it just that easier for the Suns to go all the way.  Hmmmm.............maybe Shaq does have a big role, and foul, to play for the Suns.
Let light shine forth.
Nimrod or not.

LOL...

I hate to say it but im on the same page with Reality on this one.  WOW you are dreaming.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
Let light shine forth.
Nimrod or not.

LOL...

I hate to say it but im on the same page with Reality on this one.  WOW you are dreaming.

You don't think Shaq is capable of ending somebody's season?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »
Let light shine forth.
Nimrod or not.

LOL...

You don't think Shaq is capable of ending somebody's season?

yea I do...his own