Author Topic: Thoughts on Gasol after two games.  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thoughts on Gasol after two games.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 11:13:28 AM »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
I feel bad for your wife when she stumbled onto the 'DONT TOUCH' folder in my documents on your computer.  She is going to see a bunch of pictures of men dressed funny and a shot of the new Spurs high heels you want.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 11:51:28 AM »

Your contribution to this thread is duely noted.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »
Your contribution to this thread is duely noted.
Not quite finished yet.
I think the Mrs. wants to accessorize Gasol.
Gasol is fitting in very nicely.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
The Lakers can be successful with their current squad in the regular season but the Lakers coaching staff are looking to the playoffs and that's why they signed Benga for the rest of the season, IMO.  He won't see a lot of playing time but he's just insurance.

Turiaf is not adequate as a backup 5, he's just not big enough.  It looks like the Lakers prefer to go small rather than play a true 5 with the current lineup.  If Howard had managed to stay in the game on Sunday we probably would have seen alot more of Benga because big guys just abuse Gasol and Turiaf.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
Gasol is fitting in very nicely.

Yes he is, I think the Lakers are 4-1 since he joined the team.  Gasol is an excellent passer and post player, pefect for the triangle.  Gasol has very good court vision and his ability to score in the post makes him lethal in the triangle with all the Laker cutters and slashers.  Fitting in very nicely indeed, good call Reality.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
Collusion 2008 off to a good start.
Sterns only wish other then a Laker-Laker finals appears to be Lakers-Celts.

And premptive to your stupid KG babble, Al Jefferson etc is tons better then Kwamster Brown etc.
Also McHale and MN actually considered other teams offers.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 12:39:58 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »

And premptive to your stupid KG babble, Al Jefferson etc is tons better then Kwamster Brown etc.
Also Phx actually considered other teams offers.

Need I remind you the last time someone could argue that the league stepped in to secure a specific finals was last year against your hometown, er I mean favorite, er I mean that team you like this week the Spurs.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »

Need I remind you the last time someone could argue that the league stepped in to secure a specific finals was last year against your hometown, er I mean favorite, er I mean that team you like this week the Spurs.

There is still debate on wether to call last years championship Gift 2007 (Spurs) or Robbery 2007 (Suns).  Reality can't even get Sternfishes wet dream right, he would like to see NY vs NY, biggest NBA market, followed by NY vs LA.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »

There is still debate on wether to call last years championship Gift 2007 (Spurs) or Robbery 2007 (Suns).  Reality can't even get Sternfishes wet dream right, he would like to see NY vs NY, biggest NBA market, followed by NY vs LA.

Either way everytime Sternfish is brought up I hear no mention of it in regards to last years WCF.  Yet if the Lakers win a game because Kobe gets fouled with 9 seconds left all the sudden David Stern threw lightning from the heavens to make it so.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »

Either way everytime Sternfish is brought up I hear no mention of it in regards to last years WCF.  Yet if the Lakers win a game because Kobe gets fouled with 9 seconds left all the sudden David Stern threw lightning from the heavens to make it so.

Could you imagine the Reality posts if the Lakers were gifted a series because the opposing teams players were suspended?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 03:44:02 PM »
The Lakers can be successful with their current squad in the regular season but the Lakers coaching staff are looking to the playoffs and that's why they signed Benga for the rest of the season, IMO.  He won't see a lot of playing time but he's just insurance.

Turiaf is not adequate as a backup 5, he's just not big enough.  It looks like the Lakers prefer to go small rather than play a true 5 with the current lineup.  If Howard had managed to stay in the game on Sunday we probably would have seen alot more of Benga because big guys just abuse Gasol and Turiaf.

I disagree -- you are seeing Turiaf playing against opponents starting centers -- not their back-ups.  How many back-ups are 7 foot in the league today?  How many starting centers are?  Malik Rose played great as a back-up at center and he is shorter than Turiaf.  I think Turiaf will be just fine when he resumes the role he fits -- and that's back-up, not a starter.  He is too short to play but I'd rather have a player who is intelligent, does the fundamentals well and is shorter than a player who is tall and just can't play (in other words, I would rather than Turiaf starting at center than Kwame Brown!!!  Hey, I'm still partying that Kwame is no longer a Laker!!!)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 03:48:58 PM »
Could you imagine the Reality posts if the Lakers were gifted a series because the opposing teams players were suspended?
Do a search.
I've already posted on that when the Lakers were gifted not only a series but a season.
After Houston owned them in 1986 sparing the Flakeshow a sweep by the GOAT '86 Celts.
Sternfish and the Krishna Marketing machine made sure both Houston guards were taken out for '87.
That, along with Lenny Bias overdose and collusion between the then corrupt Spurs owner mid season gifting Michaell Thompson and you got one of if not the weakest titles ever.
If you want I'll find your quotes that the Celts would have won 87 or 88 guaranteed with Lenny Bias. ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 03:52:56 PM »
Do a search.
I've already posted on that when the Lakers were gifted not only a series but a season.
After Houston owned them in 1986 sparing the Flakeshow a sweep by the GOAT '86 Celts.
Sternfish and the Krishna Marketing machine made sure both Houston guards were taken out for '87.
That, along with Lenny Bias overdose and collusion between the then corrupt Spurs owner mid season gifting Michaell Thompson and you got one of if not the weakest titles ever.
If you want I'll find your quotes that the Celts would have won 87 or 88 guaranteed with Lenny Bias. ;)

LOL way to prove his point....you are talking about something from over 20 years ago.  Yet you cannot address Sternfish making sure the Spurs got to the finals (not my personal opinion btw Spurs fans...just to prove a point here)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 03:57:29 PM »
Do a search.

LOL way to prove his point....you are talking about something from over 20 years ago.  Yet you cannot address Sternfish making sure the Spurs got to the finals (not my personal opinion btw Spurs fans...just to prove a point here)
B-Rad, I don't need to respond to stuff you and WoWser make up.
David Robinson broke his foot.  Do you think the Spurs did that on purpose so they could get more ping pong balls?
Now if Sterns hatred for the 80s Celts motivated him to rig the pings against the Celts you could be onto something.
You need to come in with more proof tho.