Author Topic: Serious Spurs talk, do the Spurs need to make a move or not?  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Serious Spurs talk, do the Spurs need to make a move or not?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 12:44:13 PM »
I can't imagine any player that would fit into our system in order to help us out in time for playoffs. 

I can think of a few...

Kobe
LeBron
Wade (healthy)
Dwight
Ray Ray

But WHO would the Spurs lose to gain these guys, I don't see them trading any of our big three, so that leaves everyone else, which in my opinion will not get a lot back in a trade, atleast nothing worth trading for to begin with.

Oh!  You wanted non-Reality type trades.  I was just listing players that could come in and help...not that any of them are realistic in the sense of making a trade.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »
Tony probably likes playing house with Eva even more than he likes winning.

Stop projecting your fantasies into a serious discussion.

Up until the ankle injuries and bone spurs Parker had picked up from where he left off in last year's Finals.  Parker was the biggest reason the Spurs started 17-3.  The fact that he has been playing at 70-75% over the 1 1/2 months has more to do with the Spurs falling into oblivion than anything else.

What has gone unnoticed by almost everyone is that the Spurs have started to turn up the defense.  And as most of us here truly understand: defense wins titles.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »
But WHO would the Spurs lose to gain these guys, I don't see them trading any of our big three, so that leaves everyone else, which in my opinion will not get a lot back in a trade, atleast nothing worth trading for to begin with.
Parker for Kobe would have been the only reasonable one.  Even prior to Collusion 2008, with Bynum picking the Lakers up it pretty much nixed any chance of Kome demanding a trade.

Big decision for the Spurs, which they will make either by making a decision or by staying the same, is Tall Ball vs smallballs.
What is Frankie Elsons playoff status?  Worked okay vs Cleveland with SuperFabs and Duncan only, however we might end up playing Dallas again in the '08 playoffs.  Is Poppycock going to use Elson or not?  Elson has an expiring contract so wonder what will come down these last few days before the trading deadline.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »
Parker for Kobe would have been the only reasonable one.  Even prior to Collusion 2008, with Bynum picking the Lakers up it pretty much nixed any chance of Kome demanding a trade.

Big decision for the Spurs, which they will make either by making a decision or by staying the same, is Tall Ball vs smallballs.
What is Frankie Elsons playoff status?  Worked okay vs Cleveland with SuperFabs and Duncan only, however we might end up playing Dallas again in the '08 playoffs.  Is Poppycock going to use Elson or not?  Elson has an expiring contract so wonder what will come down these last few days before the trading deadline.

This is hilarious -- only a bandwagon fan would make a comment like that one! 
Let's consider these players and their GM's for the following trade:
    Kobe for Parker -- SA would pull this trade so fast Parker wouldn't even make it into the paint.  LA would laugh.
    LeBron for Parker -- See above for SA's response -- Cleveland would laugh.
    Wade for Parker -- neither club would make this move -- Wade is the better player but SA has Manu and the trade isn't worth SA losing it's only real PG.
    Dwight for Parker -- SA would make this trade in a heartbeat -- Orlando would laugh.
    Ray Ray -- SA wouldn't do this deal -- I'm not sure that Boston would either -- the both need those players in their system.

The Spurs don't need to make any "deals" -- they will play this season with the hand that is dealt them.  The Spurs are STILL the favorites because they are the champions and a very good defensive team.  I think they are getting older but someone has to take it away from them -- the Spurs aren't going to give it away.  It's going to be an AWESOME Western Conference playoff run this year (well, as long as the league doesn't start playing "collusion 2007" again and start suspending the other teams best talent so that their chosen pick will win again).  I hope everyone on all the teams are healthy -- no matter what team you are a fan of, you have to LOVE great basketball games!!! (of course it's just that much more fun when the Lakers win)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »

Kobe for Parker -- SA would pull this trade so fast Parker wouldn't even make it into the paint.  LA would laugh.
    Wade for Parker -- neither club would make this move -- Wade is the better player but SA has Manu and the trade isn't worth SA losing it's only real PG.
    Dwight for Parker -- SA would make this trade in a heartbeat -- Orlando would laugh.
    Ray Ray -- SA wouldn't do this deal -- I'm not sure that Boston would either -- the both need those players in their system.

The Spurs don't need to make any "deals" -- they will play this season with the hand that is dealt them.  The Spurs are STILL the favorites because they are the champions and a very good defensive team.  I think they are getting older but someone has to take it away from them -- the Spurs aren't going to give it away.  It's going to be an AWESOME Western Conference playoff run this year (well, as long as the league doesn't start playing "collusion 2007" again and start suspending the other teams best talent so that their chosen pick will win again).  I hope everyone on all the teams are healthy -- no matter what team you are a fan of, you have to LOVE great basketball games!!! (of course it's just that much more fun when the Lakers win)

I wouldn't trade Parker for any of those players either...NONE OF THEM CAN PLAY THE POINT.  Look how much each of those stars struggle without solid PG play.  The closest to a deal would be Kobe.  So why trade one of the top PGs in the league for anyone other than another PG.  Who the hell runs the offense...it ain't a fantasy scoring system you know.

Reading comprehension has really dropped on this board.  SpursX3 said there was ""no one who could help the Spurs this year".  I threw out a list of names that IMO could help the Spurs.  KEY POINT--->  I never claimed that there was any way for a trade to happen.  I didn't even PROPOSE a trade.  I just listed players that you could add to the Spurs and they would help. <---KEY POINT
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »

The title is "Serious" not "Stupid".  YAWN and OWNED!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 04:04:33 PM »
I would put quotes from Phil Jackson about moving Kobme as recently as Oct 2007 but then truth is of no interest to you.
Let the Collusion 2008 parade continue.  With Randee back and everything. :D :D

BTW, what position do you assume with your mouth when you dream about Kobe? :D

and Lurker a Kobe-Manu backcourt would have been just fine without a "true" pg.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »
I would put quotes from Phil Jackson about moving Kobme as recently as Oct 2007 but then truth is of no interest to you.
Let the Collusion 2008 parade continue.  With Randee back and everything. :D :D

BTW, what position do you assume with your mouth when you dream about Kobe? :D

and Lurker a Kobe-Manu backcourt would have been just fine without a "true" pg.

SNS (serious not stupid)!
YAWN!
OWNED!

This thread was much more interesting when ONLY real Spurs fans contributed instead of psuedo-bandwagon Spurs fans dropped the IQ level of the posts.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »

I wouldn't trade Parker for any of those players either...NONE OF THEM CAN PLAY THE POINT.  Look how much each of those stars struggle without solid PG play.  The closest to a deal would be Kobe.  So why trade one of the top PGs in the league for anyone other than another PG.  Who the hell runs the offense...it ain't a fantasy scoring system you know.

Reading comprehension has really dropped on this board.  SpursX3 said there was ""no one who could help the Spurs this year".  I threw out a list of names that IMO could help the Spurs.  KEY POINT--->  I never claimed that there was any way for a trade to happen.  I didn't even PROPOSE a trade.  I just listed players that you could add to the Spurs and they would help. <---KEY POINT

Oh PLEASE!!!  You REALLY think the Spurs would turn down the following players for Tony Parker?  Kobe?  LeBron?  Dwight?  The Spurs could manage a serviceable PG for a year because those players make you FAR better than the Spurs with Tony Parker.  The Spurs would pull any of those trades in a heartbeat without even blinking -- and the rest of the league would respond the same way they did when Memphis made the horrible trade with Gasol!!!  It would be THAT bad of a trade!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »

Lebron can't play the point?  I disagree.  The others..yea they don't play the point but with the talent they bring to the court you could plug in an Andre Miller and have a real deadly offensive team.

Honestly the Spurs dont really need to make a move right now.  However this off-season I really think they need to do something.  Maybe not something HUGE but they need to start looking for players to replace Horry and Bowen (eventually, not right away).  Right now they can still compete but next year would be REALLY pushing it with this current squad.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
Honestly the Spurs dont really need to make a move right now.  However this off-season I really think they need to do something.  Maybe not something HUGE but they need to start looking for players to replace Horry and Bowen (eventually, not right away).  Right now they can still compete but next year would be REALLY pushing it with this current squad.

You are probably right on both points.  IMO the Spurs do need to blow up the squad without touching the core trio.  Everyone else should be looked at to be replaced, their biggest problem being age.  Bowen might be a keeper since he is solid and cheap but they definately need to shore up the front line to keep TD fresh and a young athletic SF is a top priority but all their positions need a solid back up.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 04:28:03 PM »
Reality
BTW, what position do you assume with your mouth when you dream about Kobe?

WayOutWest
  YAWN! 

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:30:56 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »
Reality

WayOutWest
  YAWN! 

Thank you.

SNS
YAWN
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »
Reality

WayOutWest
  YAWN! 

Thank you.

Umm, who posts more about Kobe -- you or me?  I think you are the one who dreams about him -- he and the Lakers are ALL you talk about!  It's why EVERY thread you post in turns into something about the Lakers -- even bandwagon Laker fans are that obsessed.  Hey, maybe you should move to Colorado and get a job at a resort there -- maybe you can get lucky!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 05:26:51 PM »

You are probably right on both points.  IMO the Spurs do need to blow up the squad without touching the core trio.  Everyone else should be looked at to be replaced, their biggest problem being age.  Bowen might be a keeper since he is solid and cheap but they definately need to shore up the front line to keep TD fresh and a young athletic SF is a top priority but all their positions need a solid back up.

The Spurs have already started the process.  They have Udoka as Bowen's replacement.  They have Bonner as Horry's.  They have a young big man in Mahinmi to replace Fabs/Elson.  They have draft rights to one of the best big men in Europe in Tiago Splitter (last year's first rounder).  IMO their biggest future needs...

near future: backup PG - although constantly using vets (Claxton, NVE, Vaughan, Stoudemire) is working
longer term: Manu's replacement at SG.  And another swingman.
-Moody Blues