Author Topic: Giants!  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Giants!
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:31:43 PM »
Wow.  That was cool.
NYGs ahead 10-7 and failing to go for it on 4th and 1 (2nd to last drive), i disagreed completely.  Ball goes back to Patsies and sure enough Bellicheats adjusting to the Giants rush by having Brady quick passing to Welker and Moss and boom, 14-10.  With Moss post t.d. showboating i thought this couldn't happen to nicer guys. ::)  Btw what is Moss stupid arm stretch with fingers curled out supposed to signify?  I can't wait to see a photo of that with "17-14 Giants" captioned.

Ahh, but that final Giants drive ;D  Who is the Giant reciever who made that great catch vs Cheapshot Rodney Harrison?  Great job of holding onto ball.

Manning does that "float" around the pocket to buy time and evade rushers.  Excellent.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Giants!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:37:56 PM »
That spectacular catch was David Tyree.

And I've never been so HAPPY to be so WRONG!  Go Giants!! <i can't believe my hate of the Pats had me rooting for a New York team>

Mir beat Lesnar
Big Nog puts down Sylvia
The Pats choke up their entire undefeated legacy

What an amazing weekend!!!

. . . oh wait Gasol did go to the Lakers for a box of cracker jacks.  Its an imperfect universe. :-\
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
That spectacular catch was David Tyree.

And I've never been so HAPPY to be so WRONG!  Go Giants!! <i can't believe my hate of the Pats had me rooting for a New York team>

Mir beat Lesnar
Big Nog puts down Sylvia
The Pats choke up their entire undefeated legacy

What an amazing weekend!!!

. . . oh wait Gasol did go to the Lakers for a box of cracker jacks.  Its an perfect universe.

FIXED.

And I agree!  That was an awesome game.  I am not a big football fan (I think I proved that in the Brady vs Montana thread) so it I really didn't care who won.  Was sorta rooting for the Giants because I think so many people wanted to just hand the game to the Pats.  Plus you know it has to be one of, if not thee biggest upset in any championship game I can think of off the top of my head in any sport.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 11:08:50 PM »
And I've never been so HAPPY to be so WRONG!  Go Giants!! <i can't believe my hate of the Pats had me rooting for a New York team

Yeah.  I spent pretty much the past two weeks trying to decide what team to root for.  For me, it was the lesser of two evils.

I grew up a closet Montana/Rice/Walsh fan.  I was always an eagles fan, but I admired that group.  They were part of the reason I started playing football, and what I hoped the Eagles would one day be.  so I didn't want the Patriots to win that 4th bowl, and I was sick of hearing about Brady/Moss.   I despise Moss.  I'm also not a Belichick fan (although I respect what he's done, obviously).    One of my best friends was Joe Robbie's nephew, so I also didn't want to see their record broken by this team.

Then again, I hate the Giants, being a division rival, and I'm sick of the media drooling over the Manning family.  Although I do like Steve Spagnuolo, who spent 8 years with the Eagles.

I guess for me I'm happy that the Patriots are not breaking the records of the teams I grew up idolizing, as I don't think Moss is worthy if being mentioned in Montana/Rice breath, and I like the Dolphis/49ers being a step up on the Pats.  I'm not happy having to put up with Giants fans for the next year, though.  Had Green Bay won it I'd have no reservations about how the playoffs turned out.

If only there was a way for both teams to lose.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »
There is no team, and I mean NO TEAM!, that I hate worse than the Dallas Cowboys (I live and breathe San Fransisco 49ers). But my second most hated team in the NFL (3rd after the Dallas Mavericks overall) is, and always will be, the New England Cheatriots, and the only thing that could be sweeter than a Laker, Dodger, or 49er championship is Bill Bilicheats team going 18-0 only to lose the Superbowl and thus be relegated to the the trivia world as the biggest disapointment in NFL history, I am so happy I can't stand it!

This and the Pau Gasol trade has made my sports year.

Congrats Giants!
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »
Enjoy

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:32 AM »
I've got real mixed feelings about this.  Surprised for sure that the Giants won, but they were clearly the better team and deserve the title.

Thought that the Pats were a team of destiny but even Brady couldn't move the ball down the field with 37 sec. left.

It doesn't bother me that the Giants won, sort of puts the NFC East back on top and the Eagles and Giants always play each other tough. This will only add luster to a great rivalry.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »
Did anyone see that HORRIBLE pre-game show?  Oh My Lord.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »
Anybody buying the "in the grass" on Manning missed call?  Everybody I talked too agreed that was the best play EVER but at the same time everybody agreed that it was CLEARLY and "in the grass" call that was missed.  The flip is "you don't make that call in the Superbowl" that most everyone said as well.  Even in slo-mo it is not clear to me that should be called, in fact I think it was not "in the grass", but I may not understand the rule completely.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
It would make sense that you don't understand the rule completely WOW, as you don't seem to understand that it is not, "in the grass" but rather, "in the grasp" meaning, according to the NFL, a defensive player has a SOLID hold on the quarterback preventing him from moving, at no time did the Patriots have a solid hold on Manning, he was still moving to evade them and easily broke free from the defenders grip on his jersey, excellent no call by the offiicials.

Had they called it, I would have bought into any conspiracy put forth that the game was fixed in favor of the Patriots, as it is, the batting the ball out of bounds call that gave the Patriots the ball was as bogus as they come.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »
It would make sense that you don't understand the rule completely WOW, as you don't seem to understand that it is not, "in the grass" but rather, "in the grasp" meaning, according to the NFL, a defensive player has a SOLID hold on the quarterback preventing him from moving, at no time did the Patriots have a solid hold on Manning, he was still moving to evade them and easily broke free from the defenders grip on his jersey, excellent no call by the offiicials.

Had they called it, I would have bought into any conspiracy put forth that the game was fixed in favor of the Patriots, as it is, the batting the ball out of bounds call that gave the Patriots the ball was as bogus as they come.

Well not only could Manning not move but he was actually pulled back by the defender.  It looked like he was sacked, so I could see where it could have been called.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »

Well not only could Manning not move but he was actually pulled back by the defender.  It looked like he was sacked, so I could see where it could have been called.

It would have been beyond lame if they called that a sack.  Sure he had his hand on him pulling but that doesn't mean he was done and they had control.  If they had real control the 7th grade retard boy wonder Eli Manning would have hit the ground like Tom Brady did.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »
I am just glad the Patriots did not win it.  I was rooting for the underdog in this one.  That was an awesome catch - LUCKY - but awesome!!  The noise level of everyone I was with at that point was insane.  Great game, too bad another Manning had to win, but still glad the Pats didn't win it all.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »
In the grasp seems to be called far less than when it was first introduced.  Probably has something to do with the increase in size and strength of quarterbacks.  The rule came in to effect before guys the size of Daunte Culpepper and Roethlesberger came along.  The ideas was to stop the play early to keep the quarterback from being held up and crushed by multiple tacklers.

How about rookie Steve Smith from the Giants?  He mishandled one pass that resulted in a NE pick but that was far outweighed by a half dozen other big plays.  The Giants D line should have get the MVP award as a group.

While I admire some of the consumate pros who've played for NE, (Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, etc)  I am definitely glad to see Moss and the deplorable Rodney Harrison come up short.   

I can't get all that thrilled for the Giants either.  Was it not just a few short years ago that Eli just completely went prima donna and refused to play for the Chargers?   I'm supposed to support that?  Some other reasons beyond that as well.

Fun game though. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »
In the grasp seems to be called far less than when it was first introduced.  Probably has something to do with the increase in size and strength of quarterbacks.  The rule came in to effect before guys the size of Daunte Culpepper and Roethlesberger came along.  The ideas was to stop the play early to keep the quarterback from being held up and crushed by multiple tacklers.

How about rookie Steve Smith from the Giants?  He mishandled one pass that resulted in a NE pick but that was far outweighed by a half dozen other big plays.  The Giants D line should have get the MVP award as a group.

While I admire some of the consumate pros who've played for NE, (Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, etc)  I am definitely glad to see Moss and the deplorable Rodney Harrison come up short.   

I can't get all that thrilled for the Giants either.  Was it not just a few short years ago that Eli just completely went prima donna and refused to play for the Chargers?   I'm supposed to support that?  Some other reasons beyond that as well.

Fun game though. 

That was actually his Pops who forced him to go to NY because he felt he had the best shot of winning over there.  Hindsight is 20/20 because the Chargers could have done damage with Eli as their QB in the playoffs this year.