Author Topic: Gasol to Lakers for Kwame. Scam collusion trade pulled off  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Gasol to Lakers for Kwame. Scam collusion trade pulled off
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
what a farce  :D :D :D
And those who said the fix would not come back...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gasol to Lakers for Kwame. Scam collusion trade pulled off
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
Looks to be confirmed..I thought the deal was suppose to include Sasha but they dealt Crittenton instead.  I thought he had a lot of potential but with Farmar's growth he wouldn't get much playing time until Fish retired.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlPkrYIZLywNzAob4EyMJ1o5nYcB?slug=aw-gasoltrade020108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Go ahead and say it Reality....Davis Stern set this one up.  He threatened the front office of the Grizz to make this move.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:39:39 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
This is still sinking in.  I hate to give up Crittendon and the first rounders, but you've got to give something to get something.  So happy to get rid of Brown ... he's been killing us this season!  I've got to think that when Bynum comes back, moving Odom over to the 3 resulting in a lineup of Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Kobe, Fish is very solid.  Gasol has a nice outside shot, so I'm not worried about him clogging the land when Bynum returns.  If anything I see him opening things up more for Kobe and Bynum.  This should also take pressure off Lamar and let him be the utility-guy/facilitator that I think is true to his nature.  Or we could even move Lamar now for a legit banger ... interesting ...

What's Gasol's contract look like?  I know he makes like 13 or 14mil, but for how many more years.  I'll have to search the web right now ...

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
Wow.  What is Memphis thinking?!?!  They're damning themselves with this trade, in my opinion.

I suppose the Lakers just became one of the favorites in the West.  A lineup of Bryant, Gasol, and a returning Bynum will make them tough to beat.  Congrats to the Laker fans on the board.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »
I've got to think Memphis is thinking of clearing cap space and adding a young point guard with a ton of potential.  Time will only tell with Crittendon, but from what I've seen ... I'm really high on this kid.  Again, hate to give him up, but we just added an all-star for a young kid who's unproven and a guy who is not only worthless, but downright counterproductive on both sides of the floor. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:55 PM »
Wow.  What is Memphis thinking?!?!  They're damning themselves with this trade, in my opinion.

I suppose the Lakers just became one of the favorites in the West.  A lineup of Bryant, Gasol, and a returning Bynum will make them tough to beat.  Congrats to the Laker fans on the board.

Kwame's contract expires after this season and Pau Gasol has been belly aching behind the scenes all year...kind of get two things done at once.  Pau leaves and they will have cap space after this year.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »

Okay I take it back...

Apparently, the grizz has acquired Jason......

Collins for stromile swift

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...traded-lakers/

Also today, a Grizzlies source said that forward Stromile Swift has been traded to the New Jersey Nets for center Jason Collins. The Grizzlies and Nets have been discussing a deal for the past week, and it is expected to be finalized on Monday.

I have no idea what they are doing.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 04:16:13 PM »
I guess Swift got in to it with Ivaoroni, so they moved him.  Tough to tell what they're doing other than building for the future ... Memphis seems to have been doing that since they're expansion in to the league. 

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »
Pau is due
                  2007-08          2008-09           2009-10           2010-11
Pau Gasol   13,735,000   15,106,000   16,452,000   17,823,000

Memphis will have $45,000,000 committed next with 2 draft picks, so they have no available cap space to sign any FA (after figuring the Swift for Collins trade as well)

Congrats to the Lakers this is the single most lopsided deal in NBA history.  More power to you if you can pull it off.  Memphis is saving about $10,000,000 next year.  That is the sole reason they did this deal, because they won't have much of any cap space after the 09-10 season either. 
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »
Damn, looks like the Lakers got away nicely on this one.  Good job guys.  I think Gasol is a quality player, never figured him for the laker type of player but he should help out.  congrats on getting rid of brown finally.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »
Pau is due
                  2007-08          2008-09           2009-10           2010-11
Pau Gasol   13,735,000   15,106,000   16,452,000   17,823,000

Memphis will have $45,000,000 committed next with 2 draft picks, so they have no available cap space to sign any FA (after figuring the Swift for Collins trade as well)

Congrats to the Lakers this is the single most lopsided deal in NBA history.  More power to you if you can pull it off.  Memphis is saving about $10,000,000 next year.  That is the sole reason they did this deal, because they won't have much of any cap space after the 09-10 season either. 

I figured they were going to try to go after someone like Jamison or Brand after this season since they will have the space to do so.

This might not be fully lopsided tho...those draft picks could turn out to be some quality players so Im personally not going to label it a robbery.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
This seems too good to be true, I'm just waiting for someone to say HA HA, ala the Simpson.

Is West still the GM of the Grizz?  Maybe he's trying to help out the Lakers the way McHale handed over a KG championship to the Celtics.  Laker and Celtic loyalties run DEEP!

Crittendon has the potential to be an offensive stud in this league.  Tough kid as well but a top flight PF bird in the hand is worht an all star PG in the bush.

AGAIN, this CAN NOT be for real!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
I just heard this was confirmed as I was driving home and almost crashed my car! I am happy beyond comprehension! I have always liked Gasol's game and I agree, with the sentiment that this gives Odom a different role in the offense, one he will thrive in, facilitator, yes that is a good word for it.

Memphis just got hosed worse than anybody since the Jazz rewarded Otstertag with a gazillion bucks for one decent year. There is no more worthless player than Brown and while 2 first rounders will be tough but long run this is a HUUUUUUGE rip off of Memphis, West must be in on the Stern conspiracy or getting senile, no way ha make a deal like this othewise.

I am still too speechless to express more, but if anyone doesn't think this doesn't immediately make the Lakers with a healthy Bynum and Arriza back a serious contender is fooling themselves.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »
I heard a rumor that the agents for Duncan, Manu and Parker are burning up the Laker phonse lines.  Mitch is not taking their calls but the last unofficial offer from the Spurs is Tony Parker and Eva for Sasha and a Laker girl.  The Lakers have unoffically countered with Kobe Karl and the cashier girl from the Wetzel's Pretzels concession stand at Staples center, they might throw in a valet from the VIP parking to make the salaries work.  No word on the Spurs response.

Kidding aside, Oberto and Horry will need to step up in the playoffs sould they meet the Lakers cause I can see the Lakers throwing two 7 footers at TD when the game is tight.  Horry could kill you if you cheat off him but Oberto will have to make the Lakers pay for leaving him open.  Tough to hit a cutter if you are being double teamed by 7 footers, Horry will have to camp out beyond the arc to give TD a target.  Even Odom at 6'10  would be a good double on TD.  No way the Lakers play TD strait up, TD would destroy Bynum or Gasol one on one.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 05:36:23 PM »
Who is the GM in Memphis?  West is gone correct?  Did the the owner just walk into a rib joint and hire the busboy? What the?!?!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes