Author Topic: OT: Sorry jn. <sigh>  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
OT: Sorry jn. <sigh>
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: Sorry jn. <sigh>
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:38:35 PM »
Inevitable I guess.  And the answer to you question is pretty much no.  They did recently sign Justin Morneau and Michael Cuddyer to long term contracts. 

Those in the know seem to regard those four as good prospects but none are really ready to step up at the major league level yet.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
Inevitable I guess.  And the answer to you question is pretty much no.  They did recently sign Justin Morneau and Michael Cuddyer to long term contracts. 

Those in the know seem to regard those four as good prospects but none are really ready to step up at the major league level yet.

In reading in last years Baseball Prospectus they had Gomez as being somewhere between a 4th outfielder and a really good player, most likely closer to a 4th outfielder.

Phillip Humber was a #1 pick and then had Tommy John surgery.  He was considered a good pitching prospect.  The other two had some really wicked numbers in the low minors, but they are still young with a long ways to go.

I am sorry but Phillip Hughes, Ian Kennedy, and Melky Cabrera was a better offer.

The Twins did step up and pay big money for Morneau, Mauer, and gave Micheal Cuddeyer a nice deal.  I can understand moving Santana though.  If he was going to get $20-$25 mil per for 6-7 years that is just to great of a risk, and would preclude keeping the 3 M&M boys
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »
Did Boston really offer Lestor or Ellsbury and prospects?