Author Topic: Could we currently be witnessing the most dominant Laker ever?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Could we currently be witnessing the most dominant Laker ever?
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »
It's been a while since I've seen one player single handedly take control of a game on BOTH ends of the court.  I know I'm probably exagerrating but I am amazed at how Kwame Brown completely destroys the Lakers on offense and defense.  The guy is pretty amazing when it comes to that, destroying the Lakers that is.......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Could we currently be witnessing the most dominant Laker ever?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »
And to think it only took Caron Butler to get him.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
That hurt Zig!

Losing by 3 becasue of Brown's idiotic  (and very, very key) foul late in the 4th that resulted in a Cleveland 3 point play (1 foul shot made, Cleveland retains possession on the miss and scores again), and his deer in the headlights stupidity overall just makes that dig worse. His 7 turnovers (ALL resulting in a Phoenix score) and the Lakers 8 point loss to the Suns means to me that Kwame Brown had as much to do with the Cleveland and Phoenix losses as Cleveland and Phoenix did, were it not for him we could be up in the win colomn 4-2 instead of down 2-4 in the 6 full games since Bynum went down, or at least 3-3.

I have seen very few players that I honestly feel have no business in the NBA like Brown, he ranks right there with Greg Ostertag, indeed, surpasses him for useless.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »
Losing by 3 becasue of Brown's idiotic  (and very, very key) foul late in the 4th that resulted in a Cleveland 3 point play (1 foul shot made, Cleveland retains possession on the miss and scores again),....

That is the EXACT play that got me thinking about Kwame's dominance.  Kwame puts the guy on the line then does NOT get the box out and rebound, he's the "Perfect Storm".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »
And to think it only took Caron Butler to get him.

And people wonder why I have yet to give Mitch any props.  Honestly I think he got lucky with Farmar and Bynum stayed around because Jim Buss said he can't leave.  Not because Mitch believed in him so much.

The one and only thing I will give him full credit for is the Trevor Ariza trade.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 04:49:21 PM »
The one and only thing I will give him full credit for is the Trevor Ariza trade.

FYI,

If someone other than Mitch had made that trade Ariza would NOT have gotten hurt!  ;)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »
That hurt Zig!

Well we traded for and paid something like $50,000,000 to the "fat tub o' goo".  What can I say?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil