Author Topic: Sterling v Dunleavy  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sterling v Dunleavy
« on: January 23, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
I'm not sure I believe Dunleavy.  'Course the alternative is to believe Sterling. :D  Botching the '05 playoffs vs Phx might have been Dunleavys only chance gone bye.
I'd like to know exactly who vetod the AL Iverson for Shaun Livingston trade.
Along with Brent Barrdog for Corey MeGetty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3210330

Dunleavy told the Los Angeles Times the Clippers' fortunes would be different "as long as basketball people around here make the basketball decisions," arguing that a couple of player deals he had proposed during the summer were negated by the front office -- deals, he says, that could have helped the team.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sterling v Dunleavy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »
Well Dunleavy isn't necessarily the best judge of talent, and how mixing talent will impact a roster. 

It was Dunleavy who wanted the Blazers to bring in an old Rod Strickland when the team was rolling, to take PG minutes away from Damon and Anthony.  That one worked like a charm, I think we were like 3-14 with Strickland on the roster.

It was Dunleavy who pushed to take on Shawn Kemp to replace Brian Grant.  The brilliant decision to add the "coked up tub o goo" also worked like a charm.  That was SPAM (spending Paul Allen's money) at it's worst.  $50 million for a two year supply of the real spam.

It was also Dunleavy who chose to not play Jermaine O'Neal, forcing the Blazers to trade him for Dale "The Dud" Davis.  I think I am sensing a trend here.

Dunleavy is not a "brilliant" basketball mind, and he certainly wouldn't get a job with Guinness.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »
Wha-HUH!?!?!

You mean DONALD STERLING made a *FINANCIAL* decision, despite the protests of his *BASKETBALL* people???

Shocked.  That's what I am.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »
"I'd like to know exactly who vetod the AL Iverson for Shaun Livingston trade."

Only guys with dunce caps on believed that was a real trade.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 12:25:14 AM »
"I'd like to know exactly who vetod the AL Iverson for Shaun Livingston trade."

Only guys with dunce caps on believed that was a real trade.

I think you are the one that needs to get a clue wk.  Everyone knows that was a real trade, so was Tim Duncan for Kaman, KG for Mikkie Moore and Steve Nash/Marion for Cassell/Magette.  While for you and me hindsight is 20/20, I think Reality did go on record last year as saying those trades would hlep the Clippers.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"