Author Topic: Spurs - Lakers tonight  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs - Lakers tonight
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
I just got a call from a client inviting me to the game tonight.  I am so excited to be able to see Kwame "brick hands" Brown live.  Oh, and to see the battle between the league's premier offensive player and the league's premier defensive player...Kobe/Bowen is almost always worth admission by itself. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs - Lakers tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »
Damnit!  I was going to make a Kwame vs Flabs thread to talk about the defensive and offensive juggernaut known as Kwame Brown.  That matchup right there is worth the price of admission.

I am excited for the game if for nothing else because the Spurs have lost to some questionable teams lately lol.  Actually the truth of the matter is I am interested in how hard and well they play on the offensive end against one of the best defensive teams in the league.  So far this year they can score 110-115 points on just about everyone except Boston and SA.

Have fun at the game tonight, it's always a good night when you get to check out live bball.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »
Have fun at the game tonight, Luker.  Go Lakers!

While you won the "ticket invite" lottery, I feel like I lost it.  I was invited to the Clips/Kings game tonight at Staples ... ugggh.   The good news is it's in a suite so at least I can turn the Laker/Spurs game on the tv and hopefully watch the 2nd half of some NBA basketball!  :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:19:32 AM »

While you won the "ticket invite" lottery, I feel like I lost it.  I was invited to the Clips/Kings game tonight at Staples ... ugggh.   The good news is it's in a suite so at least I can turn the Laker/Spurs game on the tv and hopefully watch the 2nd half of some NBA basketball!  :D

Uhh......you were better off catching the 1st half at home and forgetting there is a 2nd half.  Lakers soft of walked through the 2nd half and the Spurs jumped on the Lakers in the 3rd then they just played steady in the 4th and won the game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 07:16:43 AM »

Uhh......you were better off catching the 1st half at home and forgetting there is a 2nd half.  Lakers soft of walked through the 2nd half and the Spurs jumped on the Lakers in the 3rd then they just played steady in the 4th and won the game.

There was definately 2 different games.  The Spurs looked lathargic and almost sleepwalking throught eh first half.  The Lakers were shooting over 50% at the half.  Lakers looked like they had more energy and hustle.  Then came the turning point...halftime.  And Pop showed that imposter who sits in his special "high chair" how to coach.  Just shows that if Pop had coached Jordan the Bulls would have won even more titles.

Seriously the Spurs just picked up their energy BIG time after the half and it seemed to catch the Lakers offguard.  And the sequence at the end of the 3rd quarter summarized the whole 3rd quarter.  Barrdog's "Reality" sequence was fantastic...hit a three, steal the inbounds, get the return pass and hit another 3!  Then the 4th quarter started and Barry's 15 seconds of defense went poof.  Good thing Manu was defending 1 on 5 and stealing or tipping every ball that came within his reach.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »

There was definately 2 different games.  The Spurs looked lathargic and almost sleepwalking throught eh first half.  The Lakers were shooting over 50% at the half.  Lakers looked like they had more energy and hustle.  Then came the turning point...halftime.  And Pop showed that imposter who sits in his special "high chair" how to coach.  Just shows that if Pop had coached Jordan the Bulls would have won even more titles.

Seriously the Spurs just picked up their energy BIG time after the half and it seemed to catch the Lakers offguard.  And the sequence at the end of the 3rd quarter summarized the whole 3rd quarter.  Barrdog's "Reality" sequence was fantastic...hit a three, steal the inbounds, get the return pass and hit another 3!  Then the 4th quarter started and Barry's 15 seconds of defense went poof.  Good thing Manu was defending 1 on 5 and stealing or tipping every ball that came within his reach.

One thing that seemed to be a mistake on the Lakers part was not getting some energy guys into the game durring the 3rd.  I don't remember seeing Turiaf in the game durring the 3rd.  The Spurs defense definately picked up in the 3rd and the Lakers did not react very well, Kobe was forcing alot of shots and the other Lakers did not seemed to give Kobe much help.  I think the Lakers had a problem with the Spurs going small.  Ariza was definately missed durring that small ball run, Odom just could not take advantage of the small lineup on offense and the Spurs were getting wide open jumpers.  No wait....small ball does not work...nevermind......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »
Barrdog's "Reality" sequence was fantastic...hit a three, steal the inbounds, get the return pass and hit another 3! 
;D  I was hoping you would get to see some Barrdog moments.  Doesn't get much better then that.
And did you notice Barry got his first start in a long time and....oh wait they were behind by a dozen in the 1st half.

WoW
Kobe was forcing alot of shots and
and Lakers are 2-2 since Bynum went down.  Hey is that .500?
I was hoping Kobester could get one more turnover to complete his triple double.  ;) 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »
Barrdog's "Reality" sequence was fantastic...hit a three, steal the inbounds, get the return pass and hit another 3! 
;D  I was hoping you would get to see some Barrdog moments.  Doesn't get much better then that.
And did you notice Barry got his first start in a long time and....oh wait they were behind by a dozen in the 1st half.

WoW
Kobe was forcing alot of shots and
and Lakers are 2-2 since Bynum went down.  Hey is that .500?
I was hoping Kobester could get one more turnover to complete his triple double.  ;) 

Good try but they are 3-2 since he went down.  So much for your shot.  Again...think before you post.  Please stop commenting on the Lakers if you don't know what's going on.  Its really annoying to hear a blind man talk about things he can't see.  In both losses Derek Fisher did not have a solid game.  In the wins he played much better.  As long as D-FIsh is scoring a decent amount of points the Lakers can win without Bynum.

Lurker I think the real difference in the game was SA decided to actually play some defense.  Aside from Manu in the first half that was some pretty cruddy defense.  Especially on the glass.  I know they went small so that was somewhat expected but there was a number of times they just flat got outhustled for the ball.  I think at half time Pop just straight said "Hay guys, you know you can beat them, why not try acting like it for the second half"  Sure enough they did.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:03:07 PM by westkoast »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »

Yeah, I listened to the first half on the radio while sitting in some brutal traffic.  Sounded exactly like Lurker described; i.e., Spurs were a bit lethargic and Lakers jumped on it.  Unfortunately I was able to turn the game on in the suite to witness the giant egg the Lakers laid in the third.  Props to the Spurs for picking up their D and overall intensity.  I've noticed it seems to be the trendy sports media opinion de jour to write the Spurs off as getting old/having the oldest roster in the league.  That's moronic; they are still the best team in the West and the league until someone proves otherwise and I don't see that happening this year.  Good win for them, congrats to Spurs fans.    

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »
I've noticed it seems to be the trendy sports media opinion de jour to write the Spurs off as getting old/having the oldest roster in the league.  That's moronic; they are still the best team in the West and the league until someone proves otherwise and I don't see that happening this year.  Good win for them, congrats to Spurs fans.    

Funny thing is last year the Spurs were 27-13 after 40 games.  This year the Spurs are...27-13.  Difference isn't the Spurs; difference is the young guns coming up in the west.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 12:21:57 PM »
Good try but they are 3-2 since he went down.  So much for your shot.  Again...think before you post.  Please stop commenting on the Lakers if you don't know what's going on.  Its really annoying to hear a blind man talk about things he can't see. 
Bynum played 20 minutes and sprained his knee in the 3rd qtr vs Memphis.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280113013
Since that game:
@ Seattle W 123-121 OT 
Phoenix L 98-106 
Denver W 116-99
@ San Antonio L 91-103

2-2 in Non Laker Math.

B-Rad?  Your coming twist should be a doozey.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »
Good try but they are 3-2 since he went down.  So much for your shot.  Again...think before you post.  Please stop commenting on the Lakers if you don't know what's going on.  Its really annoying to hear a blind man talk about things he can't see. 
Bynum played 20 minutes and sprained his knee in the 3rd qtr vs Memphis.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280113013
Since that game:
@ Seattle W 123-121 OT 
Phoenix L 98-106 
Denver W 116-99
@ San Antonio L 91-103

2-2 in Non Laker Math.

B-Rad?  Your coming twist should be a doozey.

He went down right into the 3rd quarter...they went on to win WITHOUT HIM.  They also beat Seattle and Denver.  That is 3-2 with out Bynum.  Not really twisting you idiot.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
 :D :D  I knew that was coming.
Lakers led 66-55 when Bynum was injured.
They won 100-99.
Hence, the Lakers won **without** him.

Anywho we shall see how they do without him.  In the whole game i mean.  Not for 20 minutes.

Yes Lurker the young guns....

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
I've noticed it seems to be the trendy sports media opinion de jour to write the Spurs off as getting old/having the oldest roster in the league.  That's moronic; they are still the best team in the West and the league until someone proves otherwise and I don't see that happening this year.  Good win for them, congrats to Spurs fans.    

Funny thing is last year the Spurs were 27-13 after 40 games.  This year the Spurs are...27-13.  Difference isn't the Spurs; difference is the young guns coming up in the west.

So true.  New Orleans is legit too, the West if awfully tough this year. 

Reality, please get your buddy Sternfish on the line and ask him to move the Lakers to the Eastern Conference where they can have the 2nd best record.  We all know how the league loves to cheat for the Lakers, so this shouldn't be difficult to attain.  Thanks!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 01:00:46 PM »
These things run in cycles.  After the huge profitteering of 2000-2004 Sternie and Co. have told us he has cooled it on fixing things.
The next run will be coming tho.