Author Topic: Pretty Boy Brady vs Joe Montana  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pretty Boy Brady vs Joe Montana
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »
Is tuckRule Brady breathing the same air as Joe?

I say no way.  Even if the Pats prevail over Giants.
Put pass rush on Brady and he becomes merely mortal.  Chargers D owned Brady yesterday.  MartyNorvball Chargers O is what did them in.

But....Pretty Boi will garner SuperBowl #4 at only age 30.
Triva Q.  How old was Joe Montana at Bowl #4?
Bradshaw?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pretty Boy Brady vs Joe Montana
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
There is no reason to try to dump on Brady because they beat your Chargers yesterday.  If they win the Superbowl then he is better then Joe Montana IMO.  Joe Montana has not accomplished what Brady has.  Nor did the 9ers dominate as much as the Patriots have with Brady as the head guy.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
 :D :D ^^^ grasshopper you are sorely uninformed.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
Brady is setting a new standard by coming back year after year with a new set of receivers and sometimes no running game at all and winning the whole thing.  This year the team is over the top, running the string and now the playoffs.  No one is giving the Giants a chance simply because it's Brady and the Patriots.

The Patriots will now be known as the GOAT simply because no one else has ever done what they are about to.  Their longevity will demonstrate their superiority over the Dolphins.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
If you didn't see it, and some of the board younguns might not have caught the replays, wath em while checking SuperJoes Bowl stats and the Bowl scores he and the 49ers racked up.

Bradys "having to deal with new recievers", what like getting a 98% effort Randy Moss for a 4th round draft pick?  :D
Skandery, where are you?

Nonetheless i agree that Brady and the Pats are excellent this year.  I have no problem with anyone disagreeing that Joe Montana and the 9ers were better.  Even tho they were.  ;) 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »

Why don't you enlighten me Mr. Football genius.  You beat W.O.W in picks and now you are the authority.

No one has done what Brady has.  Not Joe Montana.  Not Dan Marino.  Not Troy Aikman.  You cannot deny it.  This is pure, solid FACT.  4 Superbowl appearances so far this decade is very impressive.   Going undefeated for 18 games is something that has not been done at all.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »

Why don't you enlighten me Mr. Football genius.  You beat W.O.W in picks and now you are the authority.

No one has done what Brady has.  Not Joe Montana.  Not Dan Marino.  Not Troy Aikman.  You cannot deny it.  This is pure, solid FACT.  4 Superbowl appearances so far this decade is very impressive.   Going undefeated for 18 games is something that has not been done at all.
Either that or i watched the games.
Joe didn't tuck any Bowls away, that's for sure.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »

Either that or i watched the games.
Joe didn't tuck any Bowls away, that's for sure.

Joe never went undefeated nor did his team DOMINATE the league like the Pats either.  A bad call by the refs should have no business in a debate about his own skills.  Did that call magically make him a better passer? 

As if you think any of us are so dense we can't put the Chargers loss to the Pats and this thread magically popping up today together  ::)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 03:50:55 PM »
As with all great football TEAMS.  The Quarterback will always get a larger share of the credit than he really ought to.

You want to talk about the heart of the team, that's Seau; the leadership, that's Vrabel and Bruschi; the genius, that's Belicheck.  Moss for a 4th round pick and the signing of Welker (the perfect slot receiver for NEs system) sure makes life pretty easy for Brady, too.  Brady is what he is, a very good football player who has just enough smarts and ability to not get in his teams way.  As an extension of his coach on the field and ability to handle pressure situations, he's at the top.  As an end all, be all, all world, one of the greatest QBs ever, you'll excuse me if I don't buy it.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »
Joe never went undefeated nor did his team DOMINATE the league like the Pats either.

As Skandery said, Brady didn't do all those things either.  The patriots did.

And the 49ers did win 4 super bowls, and did dominate the league, FYI.  they might not have gone 19-0, but they did go 18-1.

I'll tell you one thing Montana has done that Brady hasn't, since we're arbitrarily picking "things the other person has never done" and using it as proof, and one that IMO is more important than the difference between 19-0 and 18-1.  Montana won back to back MVP's at age, something Brady hasn't done.  And he did it at age 33-34, too.

The argument could be made either way.  I'd probably go with montana myself.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
B-Rad, are 'bods and Skandery just Charger fans the day after?  ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
B-Rad, are 'bods and Skandery just Charger fans the day after?  ;)

No but that doesn't change the fact of why you made this thread LOL

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »
Joe never went undefeated nor did his team DOMINATE the league like the Pats either.

Actually, the 49ers did dominate the 80's, they were voted ahead of the Lakers as the team of the 80's.  IMO if Bradey and the Pats win it all this year then there is DEFINATELY an argument for him vs Montana and you would have to try and argue that the Pat are NOT the GOAT.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »
Joe and the 9ers.
'81
'84
'88
'89
I don't use Laker Math but that is 4 SuperBowl wins including as 'bods noted a repeat.
Not sure if the Pats overtake Eli why you think the onus would be to prove the Pats are not the greatest.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »
Brady is definitely among the greatest.  I'd have to consider Montana the best but here's one thing to consider in this argument.  Much of Montana's greatest achievments came when throwing the ball to JERRY FREAKIN' RICE! Let there be no doubt that playing with the unquestioned GOAT makes a difference.  That's not even mentioning Roger Craig, probably the best pass catching back not named Marshall Faulk.  (I leave Tomlinsion out because he's still playing) 

Prior to this year, Brady's most talented receiver has probably been Deion Branch, who probably would have been the #4 receiver on the Niners best squads. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes