Author Topic: 17 of 18  (Read 1299 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
17 of 18
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:02:29 AM »
I have to admit I am really surprised.  I did not see this coming.  We start on a 7 game eastern trip with Toronto, Boston, New Jersey, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, New Orleans.  That will be a tough trip, and we will see what we are made.  They do well, and I like their chances to make the playoffs.  The hold the tiebreaker with Utah and Golden State, and are 2-1 up on Denver, with 13 left to play against Minny, Seattle, Memphis, New York, Charlotte and the Clips.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 17 of 18
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:59:06 AM »
I'm also hearing Greg Oden is 310 lbs and it's all muscle.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 02:06:16 AM »

Doesn't sound true since he's been injured for a while now.

Ziggy things are looking great in Portland.  In fact it's real nice to see younger teams like Portland and NO shining right now.  Should be interesting in the next few years if they can keep the core guys together.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 02:11:44 AM »
Doesn't sound true since he's been injured for a while now.

Actually, I had heard something like that somewhere.  They said he's been hitting the weights really hard since the injury.  Not that I would want that, if I was a portland fan.  More weight on an injured leg generally isn't good.  And if Oden comes back without the same agility he previously had, he's not the same prospect.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=119792759804623200
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:16:22 AM by Derek Bodner »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:27:52 AM »
Yea he was bulking up, lots of weight lifting, and had added something like 25 lbs of muscle.  Nate and Pritchard got a little worked up, and told him they didn't want him to be so big, so they have changed his training schedule.  Less lifting, more swimming and cardio type stuff.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »
Wonder if "roids" are involved at all.  I doubt it considering the current wave of "roid" news.  Since he's only 19 or something, it's easy to put on alot of weight, either fat or muscle.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"