Author Topic: Reality let's discuss the Lakers Suns game  (Read 2259 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Reality let's discuss the Lakers Suns game
« on: December 25, 2007, 05:30:46 PM »
Since you seem to think ONLY THE LAKERS get calls from the refs let's discuss the Lakers/Suns game that is being called like the Suns are at home however the game looks like its being played at Staples.  Correct me if I am wrong about that.    I am going to document all the BS calls just to prove a point.  To the rest of the board...no I don't think refs fix games or anything like that.  This is strickly to prove a point to Reality.

Amare clearly holding Bynum's arm trying to keep him from scoring with no foul being called.  Then on the other end a ticky tack getting hit on Ariza 2 plays later.

Odom clean block on Diaw being called a foul.

Travel on Bynum at begging of 2nd even tho he never lifted his pivot foot.

Kobe Bryant getting fouled on two seperate trips around the 6 minute mark in the 3rd.  Then Amare gets hit the same way and Bynum's 3rd foul.

Nash hits Fishers arm and the ball barely makes it to the rim, wide out in the open, no call.

10:30 in 4th Bynum should have an AND 1 on a dunk, no call.

Skinner goal tend on Farmar lay up, no call.

3:30 to go after Kobe gets hit on the other end, Raja Bell knocks the ball out of bounce, Kobe does not touch it, Suns ball.  SAME PLAY on the other side, Kobe hits Raja, he shoots 3.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 07:44:55 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reality let's discuss the Lakers Suns game
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »
Try asking me other then Christmass day a couple hours before the game.
Even tho i do not celebrate XMass, it's still a day off and a good day to gather, which we did on Big Bear Mtn.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »
Even tho i do not celebrate XMass, it's still a day off and a good day to gather, which we did on Big Bear Mtn.

The thread was made an hour before the game, you tape everything so let's discuss how the Lakers are the only team favored in this league.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 04:12:54 PM »

The thread was made an hour before the game, you tape everything so let's discuss how the Lakers are the only team favored in this league.

Did YOU tape the game? 

I would like nothing better than to go tape to tape, call by call with anyone regarding some past games.  The end result is always the same, both teams get good/bad calls, good/bad missed calls and so on and so forth.

If you guys had ANY skilz, you'd send each other the dvr file so you can even pause it and zoom in to be absolutely sure about your position on any particular call. ;)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

Did YOU tape the game? 

I would like nothing better than to go tape to tape, call by call with anyone regarding some past games.  The end result is always the same, both teams get good/bad calls, good/bad missed calls and so on and so forth.

If you guys had ANY skilz, you'd send each other the dvr file so you can even pause it and zoom in to be absolutely sure about your position on any particular call. ;)

I have it Tivo'D...I don't tape games.  This is 2007 (almost 2008) not 1997

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »

Did YOU tape the game? 

Hey Mr. Modern Genius  ::)

Do you know what DVR stands for?  Do you know what type of equipment a "Tivo" falls under?  Pendejo!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:10:04 PM »

Did YOU tape the game? 

Do you know what DVR stands for?  Do you know what type of equipment a "Tivo" falls under?  Pendejo!

You asked me if I taped the game.  You didn't ask me if I had used a digital recorder to RECORD the game.  Use the right vocabulary genius.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 01:16:32 AM »

Did YOU tape the game? 

You asked me if I taped the game.  You didn't ask me if I had used a digital recorder to RECORD the game.  Use the right vocabulary genius.

I wondered if you hand any skilz!!!!  :P

How big do those files get anyway?  Can they be compressed?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong about that.    I am going to document all the BS calls just to prove a point.  To the rest of the board...no I don't think refs fix games or anything like that.  This is strickly to prove a point to Reality.
8-0 on BS calls against the Lakers?  You have again proven your point to me.

WayOutWest The end result is always the same, both teams get good/bad calls, good/bad missed calls and so on and so forth.
Documentation proved otherwise in the Lakers-Suns game.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »

So are you saying the Suns had an unfair advantage?  I guess the league is trying to make up for the fact that they were robbed last year of a title by crooked refs.  Only cheating refs could have stolen the title from the Suns last year, and they did.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
I guess the league is trying to make up for the fact that they were robbed last year of a title by crooked refs.  Only cheating refs could have stolen the title from the Suns last year, and they did.

WayOutWest  The end result is always the same, both teams get good/bad calls, good/bad missed calls and so on and so forth.
This guys got nothing on you. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong about that.    I am going to document all the BS calls just to prove a point.  To the rest of the board...no I don't think refs fix games or anything like that.  This is strickly to prove a point to Reality.
8-0 on BS calls against the Lakers?  You have again proven your point to me.

WayOutWest The end result is always the same, both teams get good/bad calls, good/bad missed calls and so on and so forth.

What did you score on your reading comprehension tests as a child?

My point of this thread was to show you that the lakers do not 1) have the league secretly on their side and 2) that there are star players who get calls in their favor ala Kobe Bryant. 

The refs sure helped the Lakers against the Suns.  Either you watched the game and couldn't understand it (very very possible) or you didn't watch the game at all.  The Lakers beat them in many categories.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 01:30:18 PM »
I wasn't really able to focus on the game on Christmas day ... it was on, but hard to focus with family around, etc. 

I ended up re-watching it last night and I was actually really pleased with the officiating.  There were definitely some no-calls both ways and some bad ones here and there, but that's true with any game.  That being said, I was happy with the fact that for the most part the officials let them play.  There weren't a lot of ticky-tack calls that completely derail the flow of the game.  The game maintained a fantastic pace and was very fun to watch.  I'm obviously ecstatic about the outcome, but either way that was truly a fun game to watch and reminded me of why I love NBA basketball.   

It got me to thinking that the league has to have some sort of meeting with the officials and tell them to swallow their whistles a bit more.  Call the obvious fouls while in the act of shooting and blatant blocking/charging, traveling, 3-seconds, etc.  But these hand check fouls 25 feet from the basket have got to stop.  I'd also like to see more non-calls on blocking/charging plays and don't give the floppers the benefit of the doubt.  I've watched several games these last few years where the officials have literally strangled the game with nonsense ticky tack fouls.  It's not fun to watch and the fans get cheated, IMO. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:34:11 PM by msc »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »
I guess the league is trying to make up for the fact that they were robbed last year of a title by crooked refs.  Only cheating refs could have stolen the title from the Suns last year, and they did.

WayOutWest  The end result is always the same, both teams get good/bad calls, good/bad missed calls and so on and so forth.
This guys got nothing on you. 

I guess I'll have to dumb down my humor in the upcomming year for you to "get it".  It's not much fun comming into a battle of wits with a 50 ton mech against a guy armed with a sling shot and no rocks.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »
I guess I'll have to dumb down my humor in the upcomming year for you to "get it".  It's not much fun comming into a battle of wits with a 50 ton mech against a guy armed with a sling shot and no rocks.
  Or make it funny.  I "got it" the 1st time, it just wasn't funny.