Author Topic: Timmy Dunkar injured  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Timmy Dunkar injured
« on: December 02, 2007, 10:13:58 PM »
Sean Elliott said that the knee is stable.  They are calling it an ankle sprain and a knee contustion right now.  MRIs to follow.
espn video
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271202024

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Timmy Dunkar injured
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
Sounds like what happened to Kwame and he is suppose to be out for another 2 weeks I believe.  Hope he gets better quick.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
MRI scheduled for today but Spurs are already saying he won't play Wed vs Dallas.  He may also sit Friday vs Utah.  One thing I can guarantee is that Pop won't rush Duncan back...even if it means starting the playoffs from a lower seed.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 01:32:56 PM »
..even if it means starting the playoffs from a lower seed.

That typically doesn't affect the Spurs but I'd be a bit concerned against PHX and Dallas in the playoffs.  Not because it affects the Spurs but because those teams play better at home.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »

That typically doesn't affect the Spurs but I'd be a bit concerned against PHX and Dallas in the playoffs.  Not because it affects the Spurs but because those teams play better at home.

Dirk chokes in any building so it doesn't really matter.  PHX I agree with though.

As far as ending up in a lower seed.  I don't think Duncan missing 5-10 games is going to knock them too far back.  They can easily go on a tear like they did last year during the second half of the season.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »

Dirk chokes in any building so it doesn't really matter.  PHX I agree with though.

As far as ending up in a lower seed.  I don't think Duncan missing 5-10 games is going to knock them too far back.  They can easily go on a tear like they did last year during the second half of the season.

For the Suns it could make a difference...unless the Spurs win game 1 in Phoenix like...oh, maybe the 2007 playoffs?  And then folow up by putting Big Hit Horry on Nash for another game.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:03:24 AM »
MRI was negative...Pop is saying that Duncan will probably miss a couple weeks.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »
The only choice to make really.

Pro basketball: Popovich delays Duncan's return
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA121207_SpursNotes.en.9220b0c.html
...?I just think he's not 100 percent, that's for sure. This early in the season, I'm not sure what the wisdom is in playing him when he's 75 or 80 percent.? ....

GNobs swolen hand on the other hand  :-\