Author Topic: Major Laker trade, huge shake up in L.A.!!!!  (Read 3552 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Major Laker trade, huge shake up in L.A.!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »
WoW
I looked at his FT% and figured he wasn't a shooter.  I really like Mo and I'm not sure why the Lakers made this trade.  Mo is a very active and athletic guy who can hit the open 3 who I thought was the biggest bargin the Lakers have gotten in the Kupcake era.  I'm so glad to see that big soft dummy Cook hit the road.

WoW Defense mainly.  While Mo was a decent defender this guy is suppose to be a legit stopper and I guess the answer to Grant Hill at SF!?!?!    I don't know about the trade.  Never seen this guy play so I can't say one way or another.  Mitch said the reason was he felt they had too many players trying to go after the same minutes.  Odom, Luke, Mo, Cook were all potentially taking SF minutes.  Moving Odom back down the the 4 and putting Luke as the starting 3 has this guy coming off the bench.
Kupkake added that while Odom presents a huge positive for Lakers on O in that as a 3 many opponents 3s cannot defend him, conversely Odom cannot defend many opponents smaller 3s, especially those who can hit and play on the perimeter.  So as you wrote, putting Odom at the 4 on D is the Laker plan now.  Kake added he felt Mo's rebounds were already being absorbed by the current playing Lakers so no loss in rebounding.

As to who backs up Kobe, I don't know.  Once again can anyone replace the Kobester or does he need to play 40+ per game?  You will rue the day you turned down my offer of Parker and Eva for Kobe.

Continued frustration for Lakerville as they drop to 7-4 vs Milwaukee.  Same pattern of beat some good teams, then lose to lesser ones?  Altho Milwaukee is definitely new and improved.  Odom somewhat disappears (again) in 40 minutes, yet SuperByns proves his mettle with 16/13 in his 1st start, only 27 minutes.  Kwamster continues to be a key role player?  Yes.

Last night's game was utter bs.  I know you don't get calls on the road but the refs were trying their best to let the Bucs back in the game.  They kept getting all the phantom calls and ticky tack fouls in their favor.  So that loss last night might as well have been a W for the refs.  There were a number of plays where Bynum would get fouled dunking on one end, no foul called.  Then Mo Williams would run down to the other end of the floor, get fouled on a lay up THE EXACT SAME WAY, then it's an AND1.  I believe Phil Jackson is going to get fined for talking smack on the refs.

And Bynum has started two games Reality.  Both games he posted a double double.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Major Laker trade, huge shake up in L.A.!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 11:46:22 AM »
Don't know what to think of this trade.  I like Trevor Ariza, but I also like Maurice Evans (not quite as active as Ariza but could shoot).  And I thought the Lakers were more balanced with having the 2-guard (Evans) rather than the SF (Ariza). 

Although if they wanted to consolidate the rotation, this certainly does it.  Cook and Radman are pretty much the SAME, exact player--wussy PFs who shoot outside.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."