Author Topic: Cool websites to find tickets to games or concerts  (Read 2236 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Cool websites to find tickets to games or concerts
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:30:44 PM »
I wanted to put this as OT but realized we all might use it for NBA games more then anything so I decided against it.

The site is still in beta so not everything works quite yet but it should be going out of beta pretty soon.  SeatQuest allows you to type in a venue or event that you are interested it.  It then goes out to find tickets still available in your price range or ones up on places like ebay.  No mention of Craigslist or Stubhub yet but I think if they were to receive emails suggesting it, they would add it.  Should save you some time ticket hunting or last minute grab for tickets.

http://beta.seatquest.com/

Here are a few others that have flash based LIVE hunts for tickets as well

RazorGator.com
TicketsNow.com

According to the guy who runs SeatQuest these sites are not quite as good as theirs as they pull ticket sales from other places and you can get real specific on where you want to sit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:32:41 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cool websites to find tickets to games or concerts
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »
Reality have you tested this out yet?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:01:19 AM »
No not yet but thanks for reminding me about SHub.  Are the Staples 300s seats impossible or doable?  Of course that is in the eye of the beholder.  Reason i ask is for non marquee games ie Seattle they really drop.  I mean really drop, like under $20.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 12:08:02 PM »
No not yet but thanks for reminding me about SHub.  Are the Staples 300s seats impossible or doable?  Of course that is in the eye of the beholder.  Reason i ask is for non marquee games ie Seattle they really drop.  I mean really drop, like under $20.

With the lights being off in Staples during Laker games the 300 seats are not half bad.  Since you can't spend time looking around at all the other seats because it's dark you focus in on the court a lot more.  I sit up there often and I kind of don't mind at all.  I don't think there are bad seats in Staples center personally.

Under 20? I dunno about that.  You can get game packs where they cut the price down if you buy 4 but I don't know how low it goes.  I think normally the tickets are only 25 bucks face value.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »

With the lights being off in Staples during Laker games the 300 seats are not half bad.  Since you can't spend time looking around at all the other seats because it's dark you focus in on the court a lot more.  I sit up there often and I kind of don't mind at all.  I don't think there are bad seats in Staples center personally.

Under 20? I dunno about that.  You can get game packs where they cut the price down if you buy 4 but I don't know how low it goes.  I think normally the tickets are only 25 bucks face value.
  The Seattle game dropped to 9.99.  And i have a flyer for free Fed Ex with SHub so that would be total.
I might give one 300 game a whirl.  Are all the seat personnell Nazi like on moving into an empty seat?  Or can it be done? ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »

The Seattle game dropped to 9.99.  And i have a flyer for free Fed Ex with SHub so that would be total.
I might give one 300 game a whirl.  Are all the seat personnell Nazi like on moving into an empty seat?  Or can it be done? ;)

They are actually but the trick is during certain parts of the game they all stand around to talk to each other.  If you walk by with food in your hands they don't seem to stop you to ask you if they are talking to their fellow co-workers.  Getting into the 100 section that way is impossible.  Still pretty hard for the 200 section.  They tend to be pretty nazi about it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 01:19:32 PM »
They are actually but the trick is during certain parts of the game they all stand around to talk to each other.  If you walk by with food in your hands they don't seem to stop you to ask you if they are talking to their fellow co-workers.  Getting into the 100 section that way is impossible.  Still pretty hard for the 200 section.  They tend to be pretty nazi about it.

If Clipper games are any indication it's pretty tough to move around and get better seats.  The only Laker games I've seen at Staples are when they play the Clippers with the Clippers as the home team and the one time Reality got some really great seats when the Lakers were the Fab 4 and they hosted the Spurs.  I actually heard the thuds and slaps of TD posting up Karl Malone.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 02:12:46 PM »

If Clipper games are any indication it's pretty tough to move around and get better seats.  The only Laker games I've seen at Staples are when they play the Clippers with the Clippers as the home team and the one time Reality got some really great seats when the Lakers were the Fab 4 and they hosted the Spurs.  I actually heard the thuds and slaps of TD posting up Karl Malone.

I've moved up before in the same section no problem.  Like if you are at the top of 300 you can jump down to the bottom of 300.   It's really hard to jump from say 300 to 200.  I was able to do it one time using the trick I explained above.  Other times I've tried I had to pretend like I read my ticket wrong and the guy gave me a face like  ::)  LOL.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »
I've moved up before in the same section no problem.  Like if you are at the top of 300 you can jump down to the bottom of 300.

"gave me a face like  ::)  LOL."

Well duh, I'm talking about :

It's really hard to jump from say 300 to 200.  I was able to do it one time using the trick I explained above.  Other times I've tried I had to pretend like I read my ticket wrong and the guy gave me a face like  ::)  LOL.

It's pretty tough, the funny thing is I had no problem going from 100's to half way onto the court.  It was near the end of a blow out game and I didn't want to walk the long circle around to my car so I walked across the court behind the basket.  Not really on the court but I was surprised I got that close.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »
I've moved up before in the same section no problem.  Like if you are at the top of 300 you can jump down to the bottom of 300.   
Nice.  I've stood in that aisle between upper 2oos lower-300s and so lower 3s are not that bad.
Midcourt 300s probably much more popular then the rest?
So, like a jelly donut to the ushioneers is not auto passage?  Anyone see this on Strange Brew? :D :D