Author Topic: Norv nervousness  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Norv nervousness
« on: September 17, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »
Okay, it was only week 2.
Still, what i saw of Norvs coaching, this is looking real scary.

BeliCheat has Brady come out in shotgun one back set, spreading recievers to counteract Chargers good rush.  Brady not only in shotgun, but is horking the ball after only a step or two.
Merriman and Shaun Phillips said we not only practiced this but expected it after the playoff game meltdown.  Charger dbs, the weakest link by far, instead try to spin some "surprise" b.s. along with "we had *miscommunications*".  Read, we got our coverage asses handed to us.

Offensively, if i have to hear one more time what a genius play caller Norv is, I'm gonna hurl.  He has PRivers under the center for snap, taking 7 step drops the entire 1st half.  The Pats are rushing in, and Norvo has called upfield routes.  This goes on for about 2 quarters.  Or until the score is 24-0.

Opening the 3rd quarter, Norv has been hit with a revelation.  Have PRivers take the ball in shotgun, just like Brady is.  Hey, that might counteract the rush.  Hey, maybe also have some shorter routes run.  Hey, Norv, it works twice and now the score is 31-14!  Kickoff fumble recovery Oh My!!  30 yard line 1st and 10.  Chance to make it a game?  Naw, Norv goes back to PRivers under the ball with 7 step drop.  2 sacks, back to 50 yard line, ballgame.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Norv nervousness
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »
I was thinking this NFL season is pretty much unwatchable. The Patriots are going to win the Superbowl. Stamp it, seal it, and lock it.

Trading Randy Moss for a 4th round pick is the worst case of making the Rich that much Richer since the Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to the Bulls for Will Perdue. When I heard about the trade it seemed surreal to me, but I said maybe things just work differently in football. Now that New England hasn't even broken a sweat, it confirms it. The Adalius Thomas signing just compounds the fact they're exponentially better than everyone else right now. Rant off.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:32:55 PM »
Chargers owner and GM needs to stage an Intervention with Norv ASAP just like last year when Marty was stripped of all privildges to play Martyball.

Otherwise 8-8, even 6-10 is possible.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
Help Skandery Help!
A fair amount of clones are calling in asking for the return of Marty. :D

13-3 1995 Chiefs
9-7 1996 " "
13-3 1997 " "
7-9 1998 Chiefs

12-4 2004 Chargers Marty
9-7 2005 Said by many to be the best team to not make the playoffs All Time.

14-2 2006 Chargers

Oh and Norv is going to continue to try to run against 8 man fronts.  http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/chargers-stay-committed.htm
Patriots have 887 pass 450 rush yards.  Just in case Norv wanted to check how a 3-0 team with 2* Bowls adjusts.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:52:00 AM by Reality »

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »
I've actually read an article about people asking for Marty back.  It's pretty funny.  You have to admire the class of Marty, though.  From his home in NC he remained very optimistic about a Chargers turnaround and called it a great team.  He could of just lit into the organization but remained reserved.

I think Spanos and Smith waited around too long jacking around when they needed to hire Cam Cameron, instead they hemmed and hawed over whether to fire Marty, waited for a perfect excuse and got the consolation prize--in the form of Norv--like a $5 coupon on your next root canal.  Live and learn.

At this point, if they fire Norv, AJ Smith loses ALL professional credibility, so I think he'll stick it out with Norv.  If the Chargers don't make the playoffs, Norv'll be fired after the year and then maybe they can find a real coach.         
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
Norvy at the bye week:

Combined record of the teams Chargers beaten: 6-10
Combined record of the teams lost to so far: 14-4

Bye comes at a great time and may artificially extend making Norvy look okay as KC has to host Indy and Denver hosts Pittsburg.  KC/Denver lose and Chargers are alone in 1st with a relatively winnable game at home vs Houston the following week.

Then the do do hits the fan as the schedule toughens.  The win over the Raiders last Sunday was with tons of help from inept Raider.  I can't see Norv doing anything more then 8-8.  Which may win the Division in the Mild West.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »
35-10 over Houston.  Great win in light of the fires but Norvrons 0 points and really zero attempts to move ball and score in entire 2nd half is disturbing.

Combined record of the teams Chargers beaten: 9-15
Combined record of the teams lost to so far: 14-4

@ 2-5 MN whose record looks very decieving, been in every game.  jn?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »
The Vikes season is about to go rapidly downhill.  Yes they have managed to hang around and yes, Adrian Peterson is the best back to come along in years but the quarterback situation is atrocious, the recieving corp is very weak and the O-Line is overpaid.  On defense they are tremendous against the run but poor against the pass.  Plus after two or three years of watching the offense stink they aren't happy and will wear down from having to be on the field.

The recent personell decisions made at quarterback and receiver are just staggeringly bad.  The Vikes are wasting the best defense they have had since Tony Dungy was the coordinator in the mid 90s. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
Thanks for the report jn.
yes I'm reading up on it and at this point why won't the Viks give Brooks Bollinger a shot this weekend?  Instead going to give Tarvaris Jackson another go with his gimpy broken finger?  Wow.  Well Norv will probably try to do all run no pass vs MN so this could be interesting.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
Bollinger is just horrific.  He had his chance to win the starting spot and failed so miserably that they brought in Kelly Holcomb at the end of preseason.  Here's how bad Bollinger has been.  He's a Wisconsin graduate and Vikes fans are making half jokes that is sabotaging the Vikes as part of the long standing MN/Wiscy rivalry. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »
C'mon jn, Bollinger looked great. ;)
Nothin like some NorvRon to bring back a teams confidence.
That and Adrian Peterson.

btw awesome preview jn.  1st half MN was exactly as you spelled it out.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 08:45:16 PM by Reality »

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »
That was a bizarre game what with two major records being broken. I have to commend the Vikes D for playing pretty much as well as they are capable of.  I, and everyone else, expected a huge day for the Chargers passing game.  Any given Sunday I guess.

And then there is Peterson.  Honestly, he's so good I'm not wooping it up with excitment.  I'm too stunned to do anything but watch in amazment.  He's on pace for something like a 2100 yard season and he wasn't even starting or getting 20 carries the first 5 games.   

What's really crazy is that there were a few scouts who didn't thing he had breakaway speed.  Say what????

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:56:19 PM by jn »

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 03:34:14 PM »
Peterson has pretty much left me awe-struck since he made Chicago's D (especially Urlacher and Tillman) look like Kindergarten school girls complete with pleated skirt. 

Strong, fast, elusive, and athletic, the greats are some combination of 2 or 3 of those--Peterson is all 4!  I'm going out on a huge limb once again (and I hope to God I'm not cursing anything . . . just to be sure I'm going to knock on some wood as I type this, jn).  Barring injury or extreme front office ineptness, Peterson is going to be one of the greatest running backs to lace 'em up. <knock, knock>

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 03:46:32 PM »
<knock, knock>

Who's there?

couldn't resist.   :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »
<knock, knock>

Who's there?

Lurker.