Author Topic: NFL wrap  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NFL wrap
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
enough of you want to post on a board NFL rap?
Or should we just save it for eventful stuff, big games?

S.D. I'm just happy to see them get the 14-3 win.  Bears generously helped them out a ton.  Trippy play and definite mo changer was a punt that hit the t.v. camera cable overhead.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070910-9999-1s10chnotes.html

Another one was Bears jumping way offsides as the Chargers attempted 2nd and goal from a foot out.  Refs did not call and it is not a reviewable play.  The NFL competition committee is such a sell out, even tho it has coaches as board members.  Why would that be non reviewable?  :o  Norvs play calling looked very unimpressive in the 1st half, ie going to LT 7 times in a row to start the game.  1st half LT 9 carries -1 yard.  2nd half Norbert did adjust but still it was the fluke cable wire play that helped turn the tide, along with bonehead turnovers by Bears.  Oh well, a win is a win, its a game the Chargers would have lost in years past.

Philly there were two punt returns you had.  2nd one i saw on tape.  #51 certainly seems to interfere with Philly return guy who ends up fumbling.  1st one was even more blatant?  Both leading to Green Bay scores, the 2nd being the OT game winner.

Washington-Miami.  Altho i really did not care who won, with 3 minutes left in a tie game Trent Green turns a 1st and goal from the 8 into an intentional grounding.  With tax n tip it backs the Redskins to the 28.  The killer is he got it by staying in between the hash marks when he had no pressure, could have just jogged outside the hashers and  tossed it out.  Field goal is settled for, Miami ends up winning in OT.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NFL wrap
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 02:23:45 PM »
Another one was Bears jumping way offsides as the Chargers attempted 2nd and goal from a foot out.  Refs did not call and it is not a reviewable play. 

You have to blame QB Rivers for that one.  He apparently was so predictable in his cadence that Tommie Harris was able to time his burst through the O-Line.  They showed the replay like 5 times, the ball snapped a split second BEFORE Harris exploded.  If Rivers had changed the timing a bit, Harris couldn't have anticipated the snap to make that incredible play.  I agree with the Ref's not throwing the flag --Rivers F'ed up big time, it just didn't cost the Bolts this time.

Philly there were two punt returns you had.  2nd one i saw on tape.

I saw the same replay only once and agree, shoulda been interference.  Philly was screwed.

Field goal is settled for, Miami ends up winning in OT.

You mean Washington.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 02:40:45 PM »
Another one was Bears jumping way offsides as the Chargers attempted 2nd and goal from a foot out.  Refs did not call and it is not a reviewable play. 

You have to blame QB Rivers for that one.  He apparently was so predictable in his cadence that Tommie Harris was able to time his burst through the O-Line.  They showed the replay like 5 times, the ball snapped a split second BEFORE Harris exploded.  If Rivers had changed the timing a bit, Harris couldn't have anticipated the snap to make that incredible play.  I agree with the Ref's not throwing the flag --Rivers F'ed up big time, it just didn't cost the Bolts this time.
Are you on crack or did W.O.W. loan you his glasses?  Fox replayed and he was clearly a hemet over the ball before it was snapped.  You can freeze frame it for absolute proof.  Yes agree it must have been Rivers lack of changing the cadance as on many plays the Bears line was moving a millisecond before the snap.  That play was bogile tho.  Defensive offsides all the way.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:54:36 PM »
Are you on crack or did W.O.W. loan you his glasses?

Both . . . and its been refreshing as I'm now able to read everything WOW posts with unhindered clarity. 8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:44:24 AM »
Both . . . and its been refreshing as I'm now able to read everything WOW posts with unhindered clarity. 8)

Time to change up my timming.......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"