Author Topic: OT: God's Warriors  (Read 8560 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: God's Warriors
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2007, 04:35:23 PM »
That being the case than what claim do the "Palestinians" have on the land, looks like they are behind alot of people in line.

Same claim that ANY people have on ANY land they they physically, literally occupy. Period.

I already answered in the previous post

I have not seen the answer to the following two part question in any of your previous posts.

"So if Christians believe the Bible promises this land to the Jews over and over and over and over, is it their God-given duty to make sure Jews occupy this land for the rest of time.  And if so, doesn't this make them a 3rd party accomplice to the conflict.

Now I see, this discussion has nothing to do with Israel!!!!

It's just you have a knack for dodging questions when answering them honestly doesn't suit your argument.  You'd make a great politician.

If you're going to use extremist to make your case then I can make a case to wipe out all muslims.

Please make the case . . . I'm curious about this one.

Just cause you are in charge doesn't mean you go nuts and do whatever you please.

. . . But "Might Makes Right".  Its the way the World works.

I thought we were talking about Israel warring with it's neighboors.

<sigh> Let me try to explain. 

You and Joe contend Religion (in and of itself) is the central conflict, I contend self-interested individuals and groups perpetuate the conflict using Religion as a pawn.  If which Religion is in power was at the center of the conflict, than a Jew wouldn't have had to assassinate his Brother of the faith in cold blood.  So it all comes to WHO is in power, not WHICH religion is in power.

So tell me, what are you actually doing for your cause and beliefs?

To pull a WOW . . . I've answered this already.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »
Same claim that ANY people have on ANY land they they physically, literally occupy. Period.

I guess they can do what everyone in the past has done and just kick them out.

I have not seen the answer to the following two part question in any of your previous posts.

"So if Christians believe the Bible promises this land to the Jews over and over and over and over, is it their God-given duty to make sure Jews occupy this land for the rest of time.  And if so, doesn't this make them a 3rd party accomplice to the conflict.

What do you mean they were cast away?  I don't think Christians are a 3rd party but the land of Isreal is crucial to the Jews, they were promised that land over and over again in the Bible by God.  Christians are not supposed to pursue anything other than a relationship with thier God, their only promise is salvation.  One thing about Isreal that Christians are interested in is the restoration of a temple as a signal of the comming of the messiah.  Unfortunately a very important mosque sits on that site so it's unlikely that's going to happen without a major war, which of course would tie into the prophecies of the bible.

It's just you have a knack for dodging questions when answering them honestly doesn't suit your argument.  You'd make a great politician.

That's a load of BS.  I tend to debate point by agonizing point and at times that does divert from the main point because the discussion goes off on tangents but since you really feel I dodge questions then there really is no point in discussing anything further with you.

Please make the case . . . I'm curious about this one.

If you are going to base your argument on the ramblings of idiot radicals then we should take the words at face value of muslim leaders calling for the death of infidels (Jews, Christians, Americans, etc...).  If you threaten myself or my family I will take appropriate action to protect myself BUT and extreemist will take extreem measure, and EXTREEM reponse to those EXTREEM threats is to wipe them out before they wipe you out since those threats are towards a very general group of people so the reaction can be just as extreem and broad.  I don't believe it but I can make an argument for it.

. . . But "Might Makes Right".  Its the way the World works.

To the Israelies credit they haven't gone that route to the extreem they are very capable of.

<sigh> Let me try to explain. 

You and Joe contend Religion (in and of itself) is the central conflict, I contend self-interested individuals and groups perpetuate the conflict using Religion as a pawn.  If which Religion is in power was at the center of the conflict, than a Jew wouldn't have had to assassinate his Brother of the faith in cold blood.  So it all comes to WHO is in power, not WHICH religion is in power.

I understand you argument, I just don't agree.  I don't believe that if an Arab power/religion was in charge of Israel we would be having these conflict nor would anyone hear about let alone give a camels arse about "Palestine".

To pull a WOW . . . I've answered this already.

Please pull a WOW and paste your answer.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »
Hold on a second, there.

My claim is that we'd still have the conflict;  perhaps not to the extent we have it now, but it wouldn't be all's well and good in the land of Israel/Palestine even without the outsiders and the self-interested fanning the flames.  There's simply too much disagreement over some very basic things.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2007, 07:06:49 PM »
Unlike Rick, I respect the Rule of Law set forth by our recognized International Governing body---Not occupiers who happen to have bigger guns.  I don't tout those tenants in the construction of my arguments and will never champion the oppressor.  I HAVE made the choice not to agree or condone that type of behavior from ANYONE, whether they're in robes and turbines carrying AK-47s OR Camouflage and helmets in tanks

Skandery that's just too stupid to let pass.  The people who establish the rule of law are the ones with the guns!  If not, the law means nothing!

It's all very well to choose peace, until someone threatens your life or the lives of the ones precious to you!  If people are taking pot-shots at you, you may try to leave first, but eventually you will reach for a gun, or you will die!

Rule of law my ass!  Everyone knows the "Golden Rule" - everyone has a concept of right and wrong.  Very few adhere to such regulation of their own volition, which is why we have governments police and armies.  If everyone respected the right and did no wrong, there'd be no need for any governments police or armies, or any of those regulatory bodies like the FDA or my favorite creeps the Federal Reserve, which incidentally  is illegal- the government is not allowed to create money!!!!

You have to be realistic in your perspective if you're going to make any sense at all.  Without enforcement and direct punishment by society, there can be no rule of law, not given human nature.  As I keep saying every border that is drawn was drawn after a war, and the winner and the looser got together and settled on the line.

In the case of the Palestinians, that hasn't happened, because some absurd sense of justice says that the Palestinians deserve a homeland.  The UN wants to stop war, and abuse, but they cannot. So called Palestinians are either Jordanians, or Egyptians who decided they didn't want to remain so, and who's fellow countrymen abandoned them.  The ones living in what is now Israel proper are people without a country, dominated by whichever political power was in control, whether the Ottoman Turks, or the British.

Muslims don't get along with anyone in case you didn't notice.  They fight with the Hindu's in India, the Christians in Africa, The "godless" Russians in Chechniya and all along the southern border of what was the USSR.  There are even muslim terrorists in China, but the Chinese don't allow the types of freedoms that allow the problem to fester too long.  They've been fighting in Yugoslavia ever since the Ottomans crossed the Bosphorus into the Balkans.  When the war started up in Bosnia between ethnic Serbs and Croats against the Muslims, it was the US that went in to stop it.  The Europeans wouldn't put their lives on the line, and neither would the Russians or any muslim country.  That makes no difference to the fanatical muslims - they still hate the US.

The fighting in Gaza was between Fatah and Hamas, two "Palestinian" political factions.  There are no ethnic Palestianians, and there is no unity and probably never will be.  The only thing that unifies them is their perception of Israel.  The only thing that sustains them is largess from the oil states and guilty Europeans and Americans.  They have no culture, no idealogy, no society.  They never did!

When Muhhamed waged war against the tribes in the Saudi peninsula, he had an army of Jews with him.  When the Islamic culture was at it's height, Jews and Muslims lived together, scholars worked with each other on the finer points of law, and they all prospered.  Today, the Sunni's and the Shia hate each other as much as they do anyone else.  They always have, but no one paid attention at ground zero in Iraq, since Saddam kept the Shia there under control. Using guns of course!

Why are muslims in conflict on every border with non-muslims?  Why are muslims fighting among themselves in Iraq and Gaza?  Because the religious leaders are immoral hypocrites who advocate violence!  This is not intrinsic to Islam and it is not what Muhhamed taught.

God protects no one who doesn't protect themselves- that's his law, apparently.  Cultures and races have been wiped out, their history erased because they were unable or unwilling to protect themselves.  Only those willing to defend themselves survive and make history.  Never forget that lesson!  Advanced weaponry came from societies who learned this lesson well.  We Americans learned this lesson better than anybody, but in this day and age people have forgotten this lesson.  Rule of law is only possible in a stable society - one that protects itself and it's ideaology with weapons and the willingness to use force.  Rome wasn't pacifist, neither were the Ottomans, Spanish, English or Americans.  China warred internally for centuries.  So did Japan.  Don't you read history?

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »
Even though time and again, this has been proven completely moot and I might as well be talking to a doorknob, I'll pull a WOW and go point by agonizing point.  :D

Skandery that's just too stupid to let pass.  The people who establish the rule of law are the ones with the guns!  If not, the law means nothing!

So the only you reason you're law-abiding (and I'm making an assumption there) is because a gun-toting police officer will shoot you if you don't?  Who is the stupid one?

It's all very well to choose peace, until someone threatens your life or the lives of the ones precious to you!  If people are taking pot-shots at you, you may try to leave first, but eventually you will reach for a gun, or you will die!

An eye for an eye.  Kill or be killed.  People in power who think like this are the ones that scare the hell out of me. 

Rule of law my ass!  Everyone knows the "Golden Rule"

The Golden Rule: He who has the Gold makes the Rules.  Don't you keep saying, "He who has the Gun makes the Rules".  . . . this must be another instance of self-contradiction. 

You have to be realistic in your perspective if you're going to make any sense at all.  Without enforcement and direct punishment by society, there can be no rule of law, not given human nature.  As I keep saying every border that is drawn was drawn after a war, and the winner and the looser got together and settled on the line.

WRONG!  There are plenty of borders that exist today that were drawn by a European Premier drinking tea in his chateau in the continents of South America, Africa, and Asia.

In the case of the Palestinians, that hasn't happened, because some absurd sense of justice says that the Palestinians deserve a homeland.  The UN wants to stop war, and abuse, but they cannot. So called Palestinians are either Jordanians, or Egyptians who decided they didn't want to remain so, and who's fellow countrymen abandoned them.

Wrong!  Palestinians descend from Semitic peoples that have resided in Easter Mediterranean coast since the Kingdom of Filistine established 3,000 years ago.  My sense of justice says all people deserve a homeland--not just the ones with a gun.   

The ones living in what is now Israel proper are people without a country, dominated by whichever political power was in control, whether the Ottoman Turks, or the British.

How coincidental that they're all of a sudden fighting back, but were relatively peaceful under those other empires.  Hmmmmm . . .  Take away people's land and freedom and they fight back, weird, huh?

Muslims don't get along with anyone in case you didn't notice.

U.S. Military Action last 50 years:

Granada
Cuba
Nicaragua
Haiti
Guatemala
Chile
Ecuador
Germany
Czecholslovakia
Poland
Belarus
Serbia
Bosnia
Turkey
Morocco
Algeria
Tunisia
Libya
Somalia
Sudan
Ethiopia
Israel
Iraq
Iran
Syria
Yemen
Oman
Afganistan
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Cambodia
Laos
Vietnam

Who doesn't get along with anyone?

The fighting in Gaza was between Fatah and Hamas, two "Palestinian" political factions.

Like Democrats and Republicans during election season but instead of slinging mud, they sling grenades.  After all to these people:  Might Makes Right!!

There are no ethnic Palestianians, and there is no unity and probably never will be.  The only thing that unifies them is their perception of Israel.  The only thing that sustains them is largess from the oil states and guilty Europeans and Americans.  They have no culture, no idealogy, no society.  They never did!

So . . . these people made the word "Palestinian" up and are fighting because its fun.

When the Islamic culture was at it's height, Jews and Muslims lived together, scholars worked with each other on the finer points of law, and they all prospered.

I AGREE! . . ummm. . . why hasn't the Nation of Israel fostered this culture?  Are you <gulp> saying the Islamic Empires were better at this nation building stuff.

Why are muslims in conflict on every border with non-muslims?  Why are muslims fighting among themselves in Iraq and Gaza?  Because the religious leaders are immoral hypocrites who advocate violence!

Right, these people are advocating violence AND the way of the gun.  Kill or be killed, an eye for an eye, drive off the infidel.  Borders are drawn by The Mighty!! Might Makes Right!!  Whose the hypocrite again?

God protects no one who doesn't protect themselves- that's his law, apparently.  Cultures and races have been wiped out, their history erased because they were unable or unwilling to protect themselves.  Only those willing to defend themselves survive and make history. We Americans learned this lesson better than anybody, but in this day and age people have forgotten this lesson.  Rule of law is only possible in a stable society - one that protects itself and it's ideaology with weapons and the willingness to use force.

"Only those willing to defend themselves survive and make history." ". . . weapons and the willingness to use force." 

I gotta be honest here, Rick, you'd make a darn good Warlord.  Seriously go on tour and preach the word, you'd make a killing.  "Freedom Fighters" around the globe would eat this stuff up.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 11:43:14 AM »
WayOutWest,

I guess they can do what everyone in the past has done and just kick them out.

They're trying.

That's a load of BS.  I tend to debate point by agonizing point and at times that does divert from the main point because the discussion goes off on tangents but since you really feel I dodge questions then there really is no point in discussing anything further with you.

Didn't mean to anger you.  My bad.  I can see what you posted was an answer.  It just says so in the Bible, it doesn't say that its a Christian's duty or anything.  Okay.

If you are going to base your argument on the ramblings of idiot radicals then we should take the words at face value of muslim leaders calling for the death of infidels (Jews, Christians, Americans, etc...). 

If you see that Baptist Reverend as an idiot radical, then I'm not giving you enough credit.  Incidentally have you seen this guy in the Christian segment of the show, based out of San Antonio if I remember correctly?

To the Israelies credit they haven't gone that route to the extreem they are very capable of.

Yet.

I don't believe that if an Arab power/religion was in charge of Israel we would be having these conflict nor would anyone hear about let alone give a camels arse about "Palestine".

If an Arab power was in charge of Palestine and relegated Israeli's to the life most Palestinian refugee's live right now, there would be just as big of a conflict.  Religion is well and good but most people in the end just want a place to live and something to eat.

Please pull a WOW and paste your answer.

WOW question:
So tell me, what are you actually doing for your cause and beliefs?

Answer:
I respect the Rule of Law set forth by our recognized International Governing body---Not occupiers who happen to have bigger guns.  I don't tout those tenants in the construction of my arguments and will never champion the oppressor.  I HAVE made the choice not to agree or condone that type of behavior from ANYONE, whether they're in robes and turbines carrying AK-47s OR Camouflage and helmets in tanks.

So technically I'm not "doing" something.  But I have chosen my beliefs carefully and will try to lend my voice to the moderates on all sides, all TOO often ignored by the mass media because its not sexy enough to sell stories. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »
Even though time and again, this has been proven completely moot and I might as well be talking to a doorknob, I'll pull a WOW and go point by agonizing point.  :D

So the only you reason you're law-abiding (and I'm making an assumption there) is because a gun-toting police officer will shoot you if you don't?  Who is the stupid one?

No, I'm law abiding because I choose to be, but I'm well aware that most people do not.  And you are the stupid one for putting faith in people who lie to you.

An eye for an eye.  Kill or be killed.  People in power who think like this are the ones that scare the hell out of me.   

They all think that way.  You should be scared.

Rule of law my ass!  Everyone knows the "Golden Rule"

The Golden Rule: He who has the Gold makes the Rules.  Don't you keep saying, "He who has the Gun makes the Rules".  . . . this must be another instance of self-contradiction. 

No, he who has the Gold makes the laws, but only because they can afford to hire people with guns who are willing to kill to make money!  It's not a contradiction, you just don't get it! The golden rule is do unto others...

WRONG!  There are plenty of borders that exist today that were drawn by a European Premier drinking tea in his chateau in the continents of South America, Africa, and Asia.

They won't last- Kuwait was invaded by Iraq.  Pakistan and India are filled with people wanting to maintain control over Kashmir.  Borders don't last, but the ones backed by weapons last longer, because they are enforced by force.  Lets see how long Iraq keeps it's present borders, a country that hasn't seen rule of law in decades, and populated by separate cultures that hate each other.  There's no equivalent of a melting pot in Iraq, any more than there was in Yugoslavia.  It's just that countries take time to work things out.  What happened to Czechoslovakia? The old Austo Hungarian empire is still collapsing!

If I was in a country in Africa, neighboring Zimbabwe, I'd be invading now.  Mugabe is an idiot and he is causing his country to fail. I'd invade simply to prevent refugees from coming across the border to escape the nightmare.  And the people there would treat me as a hero and a liberator for establishing rule of law, and enabling people to eat!

In the case of the Palestinians, that hasn't happened, because some absurd sense of justice says that the Palestinians deserve a homeland.  The UN wants to stop war, and abuse, but they cannot. So called Palestinians are either Jordanians, or Egyptians who decided they didn't want to remain so, and who's fellow countrymen abandoned them.

Wrong!  Palestinians descend from Semitic peoples that have resided in Easter Mediterranean coast since the Kingdom of Filistine established 3,000 years ago.  My sense of justice says all people deserve a homeland--not just the ones with a gun.   

Now you're being really stupid.  Cultures and races you never heard about were wiped out years ago through acts of violence.  Your sense of justice is completely unrealistic- the way of the world is survival of the fittest, and that applies to civilizations as well as people.  No one protects the weak, they get slaughtered.  The Palestinians survived by continuing to breed, but you can't breed when you get wiped out.

The ones living in what is now Israel proper are people without a country, dominated by whichever political power was in control, whether the Ottoman Turks, or the British.

How coincidental that they're all of a sudden fighting back, but were relatively peaceful under those other empires.  Hmmmmm . . .  Take away people's land and freedom and they fight back, weird, huh?

They weren't peaceful. They were pounded into submission.  Ignorance of history is no excuse. Besides stick to the point-they have no culture or cohesiveness, Islam isn't three thousand years old!

Muslims don't get along with anyone in case you didn't notice.

U.S. Military Action last 50 years:

Granada
Cuba
Nicaragua
Haiti
Guatemala
Chile
Ecuador
Germany
Czecholslovakia
Poland
Belarus
Serbia
Bosnia
Turkey
Morocco
Algeria
Tunisia
Libya
Somalia
Sudan
Ethiopia
Israel
Iraq
Iran
Syria
Yemen
Oman
Afganistan
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Cambodia
Laos
Vietnam

Who doesn't get along with anyone?

The fanatical muslims don't. We fight for economic reasons. They fight over belief.  That's why we win. Besides half of those counties invited us in.  England also belongs on your list.

The fighting in Gaza was between Fatah and Hamas, two "Palestinian" political factions.

Like Democrats and Republicans during election season but instead of slinging mud, they sling grenades.  After all to these people:  Might Makes Right!!

There's a huge difference between settling differences by talking and by democratic voting than lobbing hand-grenades- the difference between civil society and anarchy.

There are no ethnic Palestianians, and there is no unity and probably never will be.  The only thing that unifies them is their perception of Israel.  The only thing that sustains them is largess from the oil states and guilty Europeans and Americans.  They have no culture, no idealogy, no society.  They never did!

So . . . these people made the word "Palestinian" up and are fighting because its fun. 

No, they're fighting because they are stupid.  Instead of fighting they should be farming and doing business, and building a society that rewards work, like their Israeli neighbors, and unlike the people in Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt.  You don't fight a fight you can't win - and they can't!

When the Islamic culture was at it's height, Jews and Muslims lived together, scholars worked with each other on the finer points of law, and they all prospered.

I AGREE! . . ummm. . . why hasn't the Nation of Israel fostered this culture?  Are you <gulp> saying the Islamic Empires were better at this nation building stuff.

No, I'm saying the Palestinians are incorrigible!  I would say the average Palestinian would rather live in peace, but the leaders fan the seeds of hate, instead of reconciliation. Any Palestinian who talks of peace is perceived as a traitor or collaborator. They've been at this for almost 60 years living as refugees.  Persistence in the wrong direction gets you nowhere.  If you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results.  That's the definition of insanity!

Why are muslims in conflict on every border with non-muslims?  Why are muslims fighting among themselves in Iraq and Gaza?  Because the religious leaders are immoral hypocrites who advocate violence!

Right, these people are advocating violence AND the way of the gun.  Kill or be killed, an eye for an eye, drive off the infidel.  Borders are drawn by The Mighty!! Might Makes Right!!  Whose the hypocrite again?

Back to picking battles you can win.  We build planes and weapons.  They fly them into buildings, and accomplish nothing.  At some point the rest of the world will say enough, and wipe them out- out of a sense of self preservation.  If you want to win a war, you attack military installations and infrastructure.  Only pussies kill civilians! All they do is piss off more advanced civilizations.

God protects no one who doesn't protect themselves- that's his law, apparently.  Cultures and races have been wiped out, their history erased because they were unable or unwilling to protect themselves.  Only those willing to defend themselves survive and make history. We Americans learned this lesson better than anybody, but in this day and age people have forgotten this lesson.  Rule of law is only possible in a stable society - one that protects itself and it's ideaology with weapons and the willingness to use force.

"Only those willing to defend themselves survive and make history." ". . . weapons and the willingness to use force." 

I gotta be honest here, Rick, you'd make a darn good Warlord.  Seriously go on tour and preach the word, you'd make a killing.  "Freedom Fighters" around the globe would eat this stuff up.

Just because that's the way it is, doesn't mean I like it.  I believe in peace and harmony and in working together.  You can't work with someone who demands that you believe in things his way or he blows you up.  You kill him before he kills you.

There can be no peace unless people prefer peace to war.  When your side can't win a war, you make peace.  If you want to survive that is.

The difference between us, is that I am pragmatic.  Anyone willing to live in peace with me is safe.  Fly planes into my buildings, and I'll kick your ass so bad that you'll never do that again!  If they won't live in peace willingly, I'll pound them into submission until they do.  That's the American way!

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 10:17:11 AM »
No, I'm law abiding because I choose to be, but I'm well aware that most people do not.

Why choose to abide by something that means nothing.  Your self-contradicting again.

And they're empowered by paranoid pragmatists.

No, he who has the Gold makes the laws, but only because they can afford to hire people with guns who are willing to kill to make money!

Ah . . . .Rule by the Rich and the Mercenary.  Better than Democracy you think?

They won't last

Oh, they'll last as long as the Imperialists want them to.  Then again Imperialist Powers have been known to change throughout the course of history.

If I was in a country in Africa, neighboring Zimbabwe, I'd be invading now.

Why doesn't this surprise me?

Cultures and races you never heard about were wiped out years ago through acts of violence.

Yes I know . . . by tyrants who believed in "Survival of the Fittest".

Your sense of justice is completely unrealistic- the way of the world is survival of the fittest, and that applies to civilizations as well as people.  No one protects the weak, they get slaughtered.

You're touting "Survival of the Fittest" over the "Rule of Law" and calling me unrealistic.  The Law should protect the weak--your cruel and violent ideology does not.

The Palestinians survived by continuing to breed, but you can't breed when you get wiped out.

So wiping them out should be our foreign policy goal?

They weren't peaceful. They were pounded into submission.

It doesn't seem like they're doing a good job of this submission thing.

Besides stick to the point-they have no culture or cohesiveness.

If this is true, WHY are they still there.  Billions of dollars from the US in military aid, tanks, air force, nuclear weapons to Israel and they're still there.  60 years of being slaughtered and they're still there calling the land they live on Palestine, calling themselves Palestinians.  How is it possible to do that without culture and cohesiveness?

Islam isn't three thousand years old!

Its one thousand four hundred and twenty years old, who stated otherwise?

We fight for economic reasons. They fight over belief.

Killing is fine as long as you do it for the right reasons?  I disagree.

That's why we win.

You consider quagmires like Vietnam and Iraq victories?  As an American, I disagree.

There's a huge difference between settling differences by talking and by democratic voting than lobbing hand-grenades- the difference between civil society and anarchy.

Yes.  The difference between Law and Survival of the Fittest.

Instead of fighting they should be farming and doing business, and building a society that rewards work

You think they'd be fighting and dying if doing those other things was an option?  Wake up and smell the napalm, Rick.

Persistence in the wrong direction gets you nowhere.  If you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results.  That's the definition of insanity!

I agree so I wonder why governments still think they can take away people's land and freedom and it won't beget a violent reprisal.

Back to picking battles you can win.  We build planes and weapons.  They fly them into buildings, and accomplish nothing.  At some point the rest of the world will say enough, and wipe them out- out of a sense of self preservation.  If you want to win a war, you attack military installations and infrastructure.  Only pussies kill civilians! All they do is piss off more advanced civilizations.

This doesn't diminish the point that "Might Makes Right", "Survival of the Fittest", "The Way of the Gun" are the principles these people use to commit these atrocities.  The same principles you've constructed you're pragmatic ideology around.

Just because that's the way it is, doesn't mean I like it.  I believe in peace and harmony and in working together.  You can't work with someone who demands that you believe in things his way or he blows you up.  You kill him before he kills you.

The concept that you have had a hard time understanding, Rick, is that its not about belief systems, its about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Peace and harmony is fostered through mutual respect of the Law of the land legislated so that it reflects the will of the people who share the land.  If the National Government can do it for a nation, an International Government can do it for the World.  The Palestinian-Israeli conflict is nothing more than a dispute amongst nations, which should be adjudicated and resolved by the International form of Government.  The Nations who comprise this body should respect its law enough to enforce the Resolutions--not fall victim to their own selfish, petty, self-interest. 

If they won't live in peace willingly, I'll pound them into submission until they do.  That's the American way!

If you truly believe this and are in the majority than I'm afraid it will always be America's destiny to be drawn into these meaningless conflicts that do nothing but cost money, cost life, and further alienate the International community.  I think America's socio-economic system is the best in the world and should be the country that sets the example of how to foster it on an International scale, not the divisive antagonist that too often its the played the part of. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 08:12:46 PM »
No, I'm law abiding because I choose to be, but I'm well aware that most people do not.

Why choose to abide by something that means nothing.  Your self-contradicting again.

What's right means something to me!  Everything anyone does in life is through the exercise of their free will.  I can get by without taking from other people, and I would love to the see the world ordered so honest people can flourish.  It's a pipe dream.  People are too stupid to realize that they can live better by working together, rather than trying to exploit each other.

And they're empowered by paranoid pragmatists.  No, they took power long ago by bribing those suceptable.  The federal reserve act of 1913 gave the power to create money to a private entity- it is illegal and unconstitutional.  Brown Brothers Harriman is one of the owners of the Fed- the Bush's bank.  You shouldn't be surpised that two of them have become President.  Both Bush and Kerry were Skull and Bonesman at Yale.  We don't live in a democracy anymore.  You have no idea of what is really going on!

No, he who has the Gold makes the laws, but only because they can afford to hire people with guns who are willing to kill to make money!

Not better, just the way it is!

They won't last

Oh, they'll last as long as the Imperialists want them to.  Then again Imperialist Powers have been known to change throughout the course of history.

Hey! That sounds like me!

If I was in a country in Africa, neighboring Zimbabwe, I'd be invading now.

Why doesn't this surprise me? 

Cultures and races you never heard about were wiped out years ago through acts of violence.

Wrong! By neighboring tribes who wanted the land.  The Romans, the Huns, the Tatars, The English, The Russians, The United States (although we are far more benign in comparison. 

Your sense of justice is completely unrealistic- the way of the world is survival of the fittest, and that applies to civilizations as well as people.  No one protects the weak, they get slaughtered.

You're touting "Survival of the Fittest" over the "Rule of Law" and calling me unrealistic.  The Law should protect the weak--your cruel and violent ideology does not.

What are you on Crack?  Law protecting the weak!? No, it protects men of wealth and property.  And don't confuse my understanding with ideology. I'm just telling you the way it is.  You are as dense as a doorknob, with no understanding of history, economics, law or culture.

The Palestinians survived by continuing to breed, but you can't breed when you get wiped out.

That depends on them.  If they are willing to live in peace then that's fine by me.  They keep flying planes into buildings, and one of two things will happen: The intelligent muslims will realize that tolerance of these actions is wearing thin.  We're already at War in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran will probably be next.  Osama is a Saudi.  As long as the Gulf States sell us oil we're placated.  As soon as that changes, the arabs will be systematically enslaved.  Palestine is being split in two.  Israel will work with Fatah and allow autonomy in the West Bank.  If Hamas keeps attacking from Gaza, they will be wiped out.

They weren't peaceful. They were pounded into submission.

Do you always take things out of context to make your points? Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing. That was about the Ottomans, not the Israel's! 

Besides stick to the point-they have no culture or cohesiveness.

If this is true, WHY are they still there.  Billions of dollars from the US in military aid, tanks, air force, nuclear weapons to Israel and they're still there.  60 years of being slaughtered and they're still there calling the land they live on Palestine, calling themselves Palestinians.  How is it possible to do that without culture and cohesiveness?

Because the rest of the world feels sorry for them, and the Jews are on a guilt trip and unwilling to wipe them out.  They know what it's like to be repressed.  Unlike the Palestinians, they are civilized and productive.  Name one Arab country that produces anything by their own sweat?  All they do is pump oil and invest their money in markets, they don't even spread the wealth among their people, which is why Saudi Arabia is filled with poor, stupid people dependent on the Royals. And, also why Bin Laden hates us.

Islam isn't three thousand years old!

You did with your quote about their being descended from the semetic peoples of the Filistines!

We fight for economic reasons. They fight over belief.

The only justified killing is in self defense.

That's why we win.

You consider quagmires like Vietnam and Iraq victories?  As an American, I disagree.

Vietnam wasn't a war for winning, it was a war to benefit the military industrial complex, which is doing quite well.  War is a profitable business and the ultimate expression of abusing the American people.  Iraq is the same, but we're also there for the ultimate strategic asset: oil.  It is no accident that Bush, an oil man went in there!

There's nothing fit about killing Fatah leaders and intimidating voters like Hamas did in Gaza!  They want to win at any cost, which is why they will loose!

Instead of fighting they should be farming and doing business, and building a society that rewards work

You think they'd be fighting and dying if doing those other things was an option?  Wake up and smell the napalm, Rick.

Idiot! There's nothing stopping them from working hard and building a society.  They could be at peace and independent already if they could control themselves.  Don't make excuses for morons.

Persistence in the wrong direction gets you nowhere.  If you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results.  That's the definition of insanity!

I agree so I wonder why governments still think they can take away people's land and freedom and it won't beget a violent reprisal.

Because it keeps working!

This doesn't diminish the point that "Might Makes Right", "Survival of the Fittest", "The Way of the Gun" are the principles these people use to commit these atrocities.  The same principles you've constructed you're pragmatic ideology around.

It's not an ideology. It is the way of the world.  Do you really disagree with that! This is nature's way of rewarding those who employ their brains and ability in conquest. America makes war better than any country ever in the history of the world. And you benefit from it!

The concept that you have had a hard time understanding, Rick, is that its not about belief systems, its about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Peace and harmony is fostered through mutual respect of the Law of the land legislated so that it reflects the will of the people who share the land.  If the National Government can do it for a nation, an International Government can do it for the World.  The Palestinian-Israeli conflict is nothing more than a dispute amongst nations, which should be adjudicated and resolved by the International form of Government.  The Nations who comprise this body should respect its law enough to enforce the Resolutions--not fall victim to their own selfish, petty, self-interest. 

There is no world government and there never will be such a thing. People are too selfish and greedy to allow it.  Any world government will be run by the same type of people that have taken over the US.  It will never be about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  That's propaganda you've fallen for, hook line and sinker.  It's what they tell people like you so you can feel good about your country, even when it starts a pre-emptive war!

If they won't live in peace willingly, I'll pound them into submission until they do.  That's the American way!

If you truly believe this and are in the majority than I'm afraid it will always be America's destiny to be drawn into these meaningless conflicts that do nothing but cost money, cost life, and further alienate the International community.  I think America's socio-economic system is the best in the world and should be the country that sets the example of how to foster it on an International scale, not the divisive antagonist that too often its the played the part of. 

The America that the founding father's intended was the best in the world.  There is no such thing as free trade, honest money, or non-obtrusive government here.  The biggest employer in the US is the US Government.  It can only survive by gross manipulation and war.

You should spend more time observing what is really going on, rather than spouting the drivel that you do.  You clearly have the ability to analyze a basketball history. Time would be better spent understanding the world and the way of it.  Opposition makes people and nations stronger, if it doesn't kill them.  But it takes vision and understanding of correct principals to make it last.  You live in a thug nation. We are the gangsters of the world.

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 06:28:49 PM »
What's right means something to me!  Everything anyone does in life is through the exercise of their free will.  I can get by without taking from other people, and I would love to the see the world ordered so honest people can flourish.  It's a pipe dream.  People are too stupid to realize that they can live better by working together, rather than trying to exploit each other. 

Throughout many of your points, it seems you have a very defeatist, pessimistic view of the world.  Maybe that goes with being a Sixers fan.  Joking.  You say that you'd love to see the world ordered so honest people can flourish.  Well, while I don't believe that we have arrived at the ideal, we are further along today than we were 500 years ago, 1000 years, 2000 years, etc.  Which is why the lofty aspirations that I hold dear I truly believe will eventually be reached through the force of history and the human capacity to learn from it.  Maybe you think I give humanity too much credit, but isn't the life of someone occupying the median on the scale of power and wealth living much better today than they did during feudal/monarchist regimes 500 years ago.  Some people give credit to technology, some to science, some to religious tenants, some to secular philosophies, I agree with those and also give credit to humanity's collective conscience maturing.  So while you might think its a pipe dream and have given up all hope, I maintain that all of us have a duty to strive towards the ideal.  Righteousness will overcome greed.  Liberty will overcome hegemony.  Lawfulness will overcome violence.  Eventually.  I hope.

And they're empowered by paranoid pragmatists.  No, they took power long ago by bribing those suceptable.  The federal reserve act of 1913 gave the power to create money to a private entity- it is illegal and unconstitutional.  Brown Brothers Harriman is one of the owners of the Fed- the Bush's bank.  You shouldn't be surpised that two of them have become President.  Both Bush and Kerry were Skull and Bonesman at Yale.  We don't live in a democracy anymore.  You have no idea of what is really going on!

Conspiracy rantings aside.  The fearful and the paranoid are the ones most susceptible to empowering the power-hungry.  Hitler took power during an economic crisis.  The Bush doctrine of pre-emption has been given legality from Congress under fear for national security.  One thing that remains constant is that rule by opression of any form never lasts.  World leaders have slowly learned this fact and the reason why while, militarily, Superpowers can annex the rest of the world, they refrain from doing so.

Not better, just the way it is!

I disagree, if this were true, how did a poor boy from a single parent home in Arkansas become President of the United States.  Democracy isn't an illusion but it is what those in power in all Totalitarian regimes fear the most.  Sadly when it fits our geo-political and economic goals, American sides with the dictator, not the people.  Like I said, we should be setting a greater example. 

Hey! That sounds like me!

Not really since I'm saying that borders should be enforced not by the mighty but rather the lawful--as it pertains to a code of ethics and morality.  Going back to my analogy, if an advanced Alien species enforced new borders around the United States--it wouldn't make them right because they happen to have the might.

Wrong! By neighboring tribes who wanted the land.  The Romans, the Huns, the Tatars, The English, The Russians, The United States (although we are far more benign in comparison.  

So then, how dangerous for you when a neighboring tribe takes your land should they have greater forces.  These philosophies such as "Survival of the Fittest", rooted in violence, are archaic since it trivializes questions of right and wrong to those of strong and weak. 

What are you on Crack?  Law protecting the weak!? No, it protects men of wealth and property.  And don't confuse my understanding with ideology. I'm just telling you the way it is.  You are as dense as a doorknob, with no understanding of history, economics, law or culture.

If a wealthier man than yourself murders you, does the Law protect him from prosecution?  It rightly should not and does not.  Justice is blind--or at least should be.  Over the years and across many struggles (Women's Suffrage, Civil Rights, etc.), it has become more and more blind.  While it still takes a peak, it remains our best measure of righteousness.  Scaled up to societies and communities (like in Palestine/Israel), the same principles hold.

That depends on them.  If they are willing to live in peace then that's fine by me.  They keep flying planes into buildings, and one of two things will happen: The intelligent muslims will realize that tolerance of these actions is wearing thin.  We're already at War in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran will probably be next.  Osama is a Saudi.  As long as the Gulf States sell us oil we're placated.  As soon as that changes, the arabs will be systematically enslaved.  Palestine is being split in two.  Israel will work with Fatah and allow autonomy in the West Bank.  If Hamas keeps attacking from Gaza, they will be wiped out.

In my worldview, genocide is never an option.  20 extremist fundamentalists flew planes into buildings, you don't wipe out an entire population.  If I may veer off a bit:  had those 20 guys flown 20 Bombers and bombed New York off the map, would that make you more or less sympathetic with their tactics?  Personally I find ALL forms of violence outdated, uncivilized, and unnecessarily costly.  You say we're at War in Iraq and Afghanistan, let's ponder some of the outcomes.  The Pakistan-Afganistan border has become a hotbed for worldwide terrorist networks and Al-Quaida is probably stronger now than at any time previous.  Iraq has become so destabilized and borders so unsecure that it has become a sesspool of terrorist activity and resistance to a point never before seen in a Middle Eastern country.  In fact should US Forces pull out, it would undoubtedly create a power vacuum more than likely to be filled by Iran's Shia Gov't that many Western Policymakers consider to be the most Fundamentalist Administration in existence today.  Have we truly gotten what we've wanted out of these Wars?

Do you always take things out of context to make your points? Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing. That was about the Ottomans, not the Israel's! 

Actually I was talking about the Palestinians, so before questioning my intellectual honesty, work on reading comprehension.  But since you were talking about the Ottoman's, the empire crumbled under its own dead weight after the Industrial Revolution passed it by, no one "beat it into submission".

Because the rest of the world feels sorry for them, and the Jews are on a guilt trip and unwilling to wipe them out.  They know what it's like to be repressed.  Unlike the Palestinians, they are civilized and productive.  Name one Arab country that produces anything by their own sweat?  All they do is pump oil and invest their money in markets, they don't even spread the wealth among their people, which is why Saudi Arabia is filled with poor, stupid people dependent on the Royals. And, also why Bin Laden hates us. 

On one hand you lecture me on the way the world works and on the other you tell me how everyone feels sorry for and protects those poor Palestinians.  Which is it?  Its easy to be civilized and productive when you are the beneficiary of billions of dollars in Foreign Aid.  Name one Arab country, sure, Tunisia: Textiles, Agricultural Goods, Mechanical Goods, and Phosphates <source: CIA World Factbook>.

You did with your quote about their being descended from the semetic peoples of the Filistines

Here is the direct quote, "Palestinians descend from Semitic peoples that have resided in Easter Mediterranean coast since the Kingdom of Filistine established 3,000 years ago."  Nowhere in there did I state they were Muslim the entire time.  Reading comprehension, Rick.

The only justified killing is in self defense.

The militant Palestinian refugee would say he is defending himself and his homeland.  I won't accept it as justification for killing from him or you.

Vietnam wasn't a war for winning, it was a war to benefit the military industrial complex, which is doing quite well.  War is a profitable business and the ultimate expression of abusing the American people.  Iraq is the same, but we're also there for the ultimate strategic asset: oil.  It is no accident that Bush, an oil man went in there!

I consider World War II a greater enabler of the Military Industrial complex.  I also don't consider the sector's unbridled growth in power and wealth a *good* thing for the nation, neither did President Dwight Eisenhower.  I recommend you watch a documentary entitled, "Why We Fight".  Additionally, if we're in Iraq for oil, why aren't I seeing the benefits--Gasoline prices have been steadily on the rise for the last 5 years.  I agree its helping Bush the oil man, but it isn't helping John Q. Citizen. 

There's nothing fit about killing Fatah leaders and intimidating voters like Hamas did in Gaza!  They want to win at any cost, which is why they will loose!

Again, this doesn't dispute the point that these people have all been told by their recruiters how the world works, as you like to put it.  The thugs in Hamas who recruit the ever-growing disheartened youth probably fill their heads with archaic, garbage doctrines like "Survival of the Fittest" and "Might Makes Right" and a healthy dose of "Jihad against Infidels"--also an archaic, garbage doctrine that is twisted and misinterpreted.  Until we collectively work to rise above these doctrines of violence, blood will continue to call out for blood.

Idiot! There's nothing stopping them from working hard and building a society.  They could be at peace and independent already if they could control themselves.  Don't make excuses for morons

Stop calling me an idiot when your the one that doesn't know the facts:

The West Bank - the larger of the two areas under the Palestinian Authority (PA) - has experienced a general decline in economic conditions since the second intifadah began in September 2000. The downturn has been largely the result of Israeli closure policies - the imposition of border closures in response to security incidents in Israel - which disrupted labor and trading relationships. In 2001, and even more severely in 2002, Israeli military measures in PA areas resulted in the destruction of capital, the disruption of administrative structures, and widespread business closures. International aid of at least $1.14 billion to the West Bank and Gaza Strip in 2004 prevented the complete collapse of the economy and allowed some reforms in the government's financial operations. In 2005, high unemployment and limited trade opportunities - due to continued closures both within the West Bank and externally - stymied growth. Israel's and the international community's financial embargo of the PA since HAMAS took office in March 2006 has interrupted the provision of PA social services and the payment of PA salaries.

The Second intifadha was precipitated by a political move by then Prime Minister candidate Ariel Sharone.  When the violence culminated in his election (which was the point), he further instigated more violence by illegaly setting up numerous settlements within Palestinan land against the Oslo Accords agreed upon by Israel.  46% of the population in the West Bank is under the poverty line and Unemployment is 20%.  The harsh economic reality coupled with a powerless central government repeatedly undermined by Israeli military actions don't exactly make the area ripe for opportunity.  These aren't excuses, they're FACTS!

Because it keeps working!

It sure does, violence erupts everytime. 

It's not an ideology. It is the way of the world.  Do you really disagree with that! This is nature's way of rewarding those who employ their brains and ability in conquest. America makes war better than any country ever in the history of the world. And you benefit from it!

I disagree.  I benefit from the principles set forth in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution that protects my basic freedoms.  The value of a society is not reflective of its ability to make war.  But I am curious, in what ways has War benefitted you?   

There is no world government and there never will be such a thing. People are too selfish and greedy to allow it.  Any world government will be run by the same type of people that have taken over the US.  It will never be about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  That's propaganda you've fallen for, hook line and sinker.  It's what they tell people like you so you can feel good about your country, even when it starts a pre-emptive war!

There was a time when Europe was a collection of warring factions and noble families squabbling over territory--now they've joined a Union of mutual economic benefit.  There was a time when there was 13 colonies, they formed the United States.  There was a time when a League of Nations was laughable and insane--we now have a United Nations.  Trust me, Rick, its going to happen, not in your lifetime or my lifetime, but someday.  When all realize we have more to gain from cooperation and welfare than we do from war and violence. 

The America that the founding father's intended was the best in the world.  There is no such thing as free trade, honest money, or non-obtrusive government here.  The biggest employer in the US is the US Government.  It can only survive by gross manipulation and war.

You should spend more time observing what is really going on, rather than spouting the drivel that you do.  You clearly have the ability to analyze a basketball history. Time would be better spent understanding the world and the way of it.  Opposition makes people and nations stronger, if it doesn't kill them.  But it takes vision and understanding of correct principals to make it last.  You live in a thug nation. We are the gangsters of the world.

You have a narrow-minded, primeval, way of looking at the world around you.  I don't think advancement of humanity is fostered through conflict, but rather through freedom and education.  You accuse me of not understanding the world yet your arguments are filled with factual errors and broad judgement statements based on very limited understanding of world politics.  You simplify the conflict into a dichotomous struggle between extreme worldviews and then choose sides comletely ignoring the fact that most people reside in the moderate spectrum.  You incorrectly call yourself a pragmatist.  The definition of Pragmatism is a philosophical system that stresses practical consequences as constituting the essential criterion in determining meaning, truth, or value.  If War results in the practical consequences of death, destruction, and suffering, do you benefit.  Some people consider the practical consequences of the U.S. partiality towards Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to be terrorist acts like 9/11--as a Pragmatist do you consider that sacrifice worth it--somehow I would doubt it. 

Not all people in this world are evil, Rick.  Some are misguided, some uneducated, but most of us are striving for something better.  Better than simply accepting the so-called "way the world works." 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
You have a narrow-minded, primeval, way of looking at the world around you.  I don't think advancement of humanity is fostered through conflict, but rather through freedom and education.  You accuse me of not understanding the world yet your arguments are filled with factual errors and broad judgement statements based on very limited understanding of world politics.  You simplify the conflict into a dichotomous struggle between extreme worldviews and then choose sides comletely ignoring the fact that most people reside in the moderate spectrum.  You incorrectly call yourself a pragmatist.  The definition of Pragmatism is a philosophical system that stresses practical consequences as constituting the essential criterion in determining meaning, truth, or value.  If War results in the practical consequences of death, destruction, and suffering, do you benefit.  Some people consider the practical consequences of the U.S. partiality towards Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to be terrorist acts like 9/11--as a Pragmatist do you consider that sacrifice worth it--somehow I would doubt it.

Not all people in this world are evil, Rick.  Some are misguided, some uneducated, but most of us are striving for something better.  Better than simply accepting the so-called "way the world works."

In the first place you don't understand where I'm coming from or how I see the world.  In the second place you have no idea how your living in the United States makes you a party to all the things you seem to detest about the concept of the "Survival of the Fittest'.

That is the way it is, since there is no authority that says otherwise!  No country that ever won a war was told no, you have to give that land back, except in the case of Israel, and the only reason the world thinks that way is because like you, they don't understand what "Survival of the Fittest" is all about.

All things live in opposition to each other, and through this opposition they are regulated.  Man has had to struggle with the obstacles that nature has placed in it's path- and those struggles have resulted in the development of technology and social structures to overcome those challenges.  Many of the things we have learned have come about through struggle between groups of people, whether you like it or not, and a lot of people die in these conflicts, which have not diminished at all of the years.

Individuals don't accomplish much of anything on their own, and men really aren't well equipped to survive on their own either.  We group together for survival, and through our interdependence we all manage to live better than we possibly could on our own.

As men, throughout history we have learned how to develop a stable food supply, ways to protect ourselves against disease and pestilence, and how to build machines to enable us to be more productive.  Each new strategy that we develop, creates new problems and invites new ways of dealing with those problems.  As an example, the automobile made it easier for us to transport goods and services over long distances, and demanded that we learn how to build better roads and bridges to get from one place to another.  We never anticipated that the exhaust coming out of the tailpipe would be a problem, or that it could cause the earth to warm and change the climate, or subject people to lung disease or other health problems.

The thing you really don't get though, is how people are controlled and how the wealth they create or make possible through their discoveries gets siphoned off by the people at the top of the social order.  This is because you know nothing about the history of money, who has it, and how they use it to further their ends.

The money power has always used the rest of us, just as Kings used their serfs as the means to wealth and defense of their territory.  The United States which you live in, is under the control of this money power, as is Europe, and much of Asia. The history of the means to control is as long as the history of the world, and there are numerous historical records to show how they came to power and the techniques they use to exploit the rest of us, and to recruit new talent to perpetuate their power.

You think in terms of countries, but that is an illusion.  The money power uses this illusion to keep people in the dark and to manipulate them to benefit from them.  For example the primary reason America goes to war is so these people can make money, and they get the money from taxpayers like you!  America even goes into debt to finance these wars, and asks that some of your fellow citizens give their lives in them.  America goes to war quite often, and every time it does, defense contractors have to supply equipment, uniforms, food and everything else the military needs to wage war.  And, we pay for it through taxes and through the decline in the value of our money.

That isn't to suggest that you or I benefit from this war-making, quite the opposite, but that is exactly the way it is!

I don't want you to take my word for it, nor do I want anyone else to believe me just because I say this is so.  All you need to do is look at the history of the United States, what happened when it got into debt through war and the institutions that developed to manage that debt.  The US went into debt during the revolutionary war, and speculators made a great deal of money lending to the US and speculating on the currency the US printed to pay for it, along with the promisory notes to the soldiers and the people they bought the stocks they needed to fight the war.

Adam Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson were enemies, because Hamilton was a banker and financier and wanted to keep the US in perpetual debt, so he and his fellow financiers could live off the backs of the people who actually had to work for a living.  Jefferson was determined to get the country out of debt and was able to do so, during the time he was President and he closed the First Bank of the United States.

The result was the war of 1812, started by England and it's money power which was in bed with Hamilton, then end result of which was that the US went back into debt again, and was forced to open the 2nd Bank of the United States!  Ironically, a hero of that war Andrew Jackson, became President and during his tenure did not renew the charter for that Bank. His reward was impeachment proceedings against him.

This should be enough to get you started, research the records of the conflicts between Hamilton and Jefferson, and the history of Andrew Jackson.  And, you will then learn about how every war the US has been in, has been the result of the designs of the money power and how that power has integrated itself into the institutions we have today like the Federal Reserve.  The Civil War was financed by France and England on the side of the South, who wanted to see America broken up and damaged so their financiers could regain control of the country.

The Fed was created in 1913.  It was no accident that WW1 started one year later.

Follow the trail!  See what's really going on!

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
Whoa nellie was that ever a right turn off into nowhere . . . 

I don't mind arguing tangential points and big picture philosophies when discussing motivations and ethical complexities of religion based, geo-political conflicts, but how did we go into U.S. History and how the "money power" rules the world.  I know all about war profiteering and how the Top 1% of the world population owns 95% of the wealth, thanks for the history lesson all the same.  If you don't mind, I'll take my lessons from sources that aren't so riddled with factual errors.  I.E. Andrew Johnson (not Jackson) and Bill Clinton were the only Presidents ever in impeachment hearings. 

In the meantime, I feel I've clarified my points about as well as I can regarding the actual topic.  If you still don't understand or don't agree, that's fine; the debate has been fun though.         

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »
So, you want to believe the world is going to get better, that more and more people will come to the conclusion that the rule of law is the way to go, and then you say that my post is irrelevant!

Andrew Jackson did in fact have accusations made against him in an effort to start impeachment proceedings, and one of the articles was his decision to not renew the charter for the 2nd Central Bank of the U.S.  That is a fact, and I suggested you do research into the matter.  Even though it is true that Andrew Johnson did have impeachment proceedings against him.

Go ahead and keep your head in the sand!  Go ahead and believe that your country is governed by honest people who hold the consitution above their own greed or even what is convenient.  Maybe you'll sleep better not knowing.

I prefer the truth, and in digging for knowledge to find things out.  You think the US is the best country in the world, but know nothing about it's true history or why decisions are made.

The history of the US and the people who control it started almost at it's inception and goes on today.  I told you you live in thug central and you don't want to believe it, and you're not willing to lift one finger to try to learn for yourself!

That's fine, you will get what you deserve.

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 08:57:47 AM »
Can someone please give Rick a hug.