Author Topic: What's going to happen to Vick now?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
What's going to happen to Vick now?
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »
First off, I think dog fighting is deplorable, but I didn't know that it was a crime.

With Vick's buddies pleading guilty and tesitfying, Vick has no choice but to plead guilty- and he is guilty.

It looks like some jail time for sure, and the league thinks it can impose penalties on Vick for his behavior.

I think the NFL has no business punishing Micheal Vick for any crimes.  That isn't their job, and any effort by them to impose fines on him could result in Michael taking legal action against the league.

I also think the Atlanta Falcons just went from being a contender to a bottom dweller, and are seriously hurt because they have lost their franchise QB.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What's going to happen to Vick now?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »
IMO they should lock him in a cell with mean dogs, let them bite the crap out of him for a few hours, then stick him in a cell.

NFL rules state that if you are convicted of a crime then you will be suspended.  They have to take action because it makes the league look bad when this kind of nonsense happens.  He will not be able to take legal action because that rule has long been in place.  Don't think anyone can really disagree.  He should be fined and he should lose all the money he was going to make while he is in jail.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:48:07 AM »
The NFL has *EVERY* reason to punish Michael Vick for his crimes.  Their "product" is image-related.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:04:43 AM »
If Michael Vick plea bargains, and its about the only thing he can do and still retain some hope of not being incarcerated into his 30s.  More than likely, prosecutors will not only force him to own up to engaging in an illegal enterprise, engaging in it across state lines, disposing of dogs in a cruel and grisly manner, but ALSO (and here's the big one) GAMBLING on the outcome of the dogfights.  ANY NFL player who gambles in any way, shape, or form is subject to a life-time ban imposed by the Commissioner and League office as per Personal Conduct Policy for NFL Players.  If he keeps holding out with plea bargaining, prosecutors will probably use the depositions of his three friends who rolled on him to add racketeering charges since it was Vick who financed the enterprise "Bad Newz Kennelz" -- all that will do is add to the maximum jail time Vick will have to serve.  So you see, Rick, there's about 50 ways things can go horribly bad for Vick and about one way it'll go right: 

He plea bargains without prosecutors adding racketeering or gambling charges, spends 1 year in jail.  Then he gets on the phone to Goodell (the man that Vick looked in the face and lied through his teeth to) and begs on his knees to keep the suspension down to 1 season after he's released.  That way he'll be able to enter an NFL camp in 2009 at the age of 27 (if Atlanta lets him out of this contract--which would be the bad business but good PR move).  And all that is if another team is willing to handle the protesters, the marching, the signs, the media, and the firestorm that will be caused by adding Vick to their roster then.     
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 03:57:07 PM »
If Michael Vick plea bargains, and its about the only thing he can do and still retain some hope of not being incarcerated into his 30s.  More than likely, prosecutors will not only force him to own up to engaging in an illegal enterprise, engaging in it across state lines, disposing of dogs in a cruel and grisly manner, but ALSO (and here's the big one) GAMBLING on the outcome of the dogfights.  ANY NFL player who gambles in any way, shape, or form is subject to a life-time ban imposed by the Commissioner and League office as per Personal Conduct Policy for NFL Players.  If he keeps holding out with plea bargaining, prosecutors will probably use the depositions of his three friends who rolled on him to add racketeering charges since it was Vick who financed the enterprise "Bad Newz Kennelz" -- all that will do is add to the maximum jail time Vick will have to serve.  So you see, Rick, there's about 50 ways things can go horribly bad for Vick and about one way it'll go right: 

He plea bargains without prosecutors adding racketeering or gambling charges, spends 1 year in jail.  Then he gets on the phone to Goodell (the man that Vick looked in the face and lied through his teeth to) and begs on his knees to keep the suspension down to 1 season after he's released.  That way he'll be able to enter an NFL camp in 2009 at the age of 27 (if Atlanta lets him out of this contract--which would be the bad business but good PR move).  And all that is if another team is willing to handle the protesters, the marching, the signs, the media, and the firestorm that will be caused by adding Vick to their roster then.     

He took it

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »
I think he'll do a year or less, be suspended another year and join the Raiders for 2009.

22 million signing bonus with Atlanta pissed away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 06:05:58 PM »
I think he'll do a year or less, be suspended another year and join the Raiders for 2009.

22 million signing bonus with Atlanta pissed away.

Yup...

Ever seen Dave Chapelle Show?  They have a skit on their called 'When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong' and this certainly applies.