Author Topic: Spurs food and drink trivia q  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs food and drink trivia q
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »
Have you eaten or drank the following two Real products?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs food and drink trivia q
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:18:54 PM »
Did you see the label in the picture?

"Drinking this does not make you a true Spursee"
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:02:57 AM »

LOL!

Did you notice that Duncan isn't wearing a Spurs uniform?  That's the perfect cereal for Reality, it's not Spursee, it's Fakee.  I think that's lame when players aren't allowed to wear their team uni for ads and such, I'm sure it's an issue of the team not getting paid.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »

LOL!

Did you notice that Duncan isn't wearing a Spurs uniform?  That's the perfect cereal for Reality, it's not Spursee, it's Fakee.  I think that's lame when players aren't allowed to wear their team uni for ads and such, I'm sure it's an issue of the team not getting paid.

Actually I think it is more of an NBA thing...the league controls licenses.

But to get back on topic...I believe that the cereal was marketed in the Virgin Islands only.  I don't recall ever seeing it in SA and the main grocery chain is a major corporate sponsor.

The beer goes back a few years (probably before Reality learned to use a keyboard) and would definately fall in the "bitter beer" category by now.  Lone Star wasn't exactly known as a good beer when released...and I don't think beer ages like wine.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:54:41 AM »

But to get back on topic...I believe that the cereal was marketed in the Virgin Islands only.  I don't recall ever seeing it in SA and the main grocery chain is a major corporate sponsor. 
Gee, you had said but 2 weeks ago re the Spurs:
http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=3900.msg32798;topicseen#msg32798
Lurker: 
In one of the smallest NBA markets with basically NO corporate sponsership...

While the Reality is: 
"Major corporate sponsors are Coca-Cola (nyse: KO), Southwest Airlines (nyse: LUV), HEB Grocery Stores, Anheuser-Busch (nyse: BUD). Naming rights sponsor is AT&T"
even if typed lefthanded while addressing a LWJ outbound bottle with the right.

You guys make it easy on me.  Thanks.  :D

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »

Gee, you had said but 2 weeks ago re the Spurs:
http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=3900.msg32798;topicseen#msg32798
Lurker: 

While the Reality is: 
"Major corporate sponsors are Coca-Cola (nyse: KO), Southwest Airlines (nyse: LUV), HEB Grocery Stores, Anheuser-Busch (nyse: BUD). Naming rights sponsor is AT&T"
even if typed lefthanded while addressing a LWJ outbound bottle with the right.

You guys make it easy on me.  Thanks.  :D

Thanks for proving my point Reality.  I didn't want to take the time to copy & paste so I left it to the "expert". 

HEB Grocery Stores

Until you read the story (assuming you DID actually read it) have you ever heard of HEB Grocery stores?  They are such a MAJOR, MAJOR corporation that has stores in all of 2 states (Texas & Oklahoma).  Probably rank in the top 1,000,000,000 or so on the list of corporate size.  Try thinking before posting sometime...the novelty may surprise you.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
Randy,
Coca Cola is not a major sponser.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 01:49:35 PM »
Randy,
Coca Cola is not a major sponser.

And what does Coca-Cola have to do with the local grocery chain not carrying a very limited brand of cereal?  C'mon BBall Pro...try to keep you ADD under control enough to stay on topic.  Let's talk about the cereal not being sold in San Antonio.  By a chain...on the list YOU provided...that is classified as a major sponsor.  Pull your head out of the spin cycle and think.

Now trying answering this one , Oh Great Genius...why did they list the NYSE symbols for all of the "major corporate sponsers" except for HEB Grocery Stores?

-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 02:07:33 PM »
So after your quoting
Lurker

you now want to attempt to continue to say the Spurs have "basically No corporate sponsorship" by diverting attention to HEB while ignoring Coca Cola, SouthWest Air, and Anheuser-Busch. 
You've been owned.  It's no problem.  Move on.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »
So after your quoting
Lurker

you now want to attempt to continue to say the Spurs have "basically No corporate sponsorship" by diverting attention to HEB while ignoring Coca Cola, SouthWest Air, and Anheuser-Busch. 
You've been owned.  It's no problem.  Move on.

Those same corporations sponsor just about every team.  Southwest Airlines is one of the "official sponsors of the NBA".  Besides putting your corporate name on the scoreboard isn't in the same class as buying corporate boxes.  But then that is the other thread...so back to this one. 

Now again, let's get back to the topic of this thread.  Explain again how Coca-Cola, Busch, and Southwest Airlines had any impact on the availability (or not) of the cereal YOU listed in the opening post?

Why can't you just stay on topic...OR is this your way of paying homage to someone that blasted your little world into shards of pure imagination.  Owned?!?

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »
Reality's threads are tricky as hell!

You come in thinking you are going to talk about cereal and beer from the lone star state but in reality it is a sneak attack way to debate the amount of corporate sponsorship the Spurs get to prove they have plenty of money to sign Luis Scola to make the Spurs repeat automatically.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com