Author Topic: Fisher soon to be back in LA LA Land?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Fisher soon to be back in LA LA Land?
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2934966

I for one hope this signing gets done, Fisher would be a great player/mentor for Farmar and Crittendon, and improves LA's defense and is a positive influence on our spoiled prima donna as well as a good leader and locker room presence.

All that having been said, his reason for leaving a very good situation in Utah, his daughter needing the kind of medical care apparently unavailable in Salt Lake City, takinga pay cut, to come back to the soap opera that is the Los Angeles Lakers, boosts my already high regard and respect for him.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fisher soon to be back in LA LA Land?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »
Ditto

I also think it would be very beneficial to the Lakers latest pick and Jordan Farmar to have Fisher around to show them exactly how the point needs to be played in the triangle.  Specifically on the defense end and how it is the PGs job to be the first person back on defense to try to slow down the other teams transition.

Like you said it wouldn't hurt to have one of the two people in Lakers history who Kobe was good friends with and looked to for advice/support...the other of course being Eddie Jones.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fisher soon to be back in LA LA Land?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »
That's the funny thing. Salt Lake has one of the best children's hospitals in the country. Pretty much the entire Mountain West and even New Mexico and much of Arizona fly critical children to Primary Children's Hospital in SL. They even have a doctor with experience with this kind of eye cancer.

I think there are other factors we know little about. Maybe they have a doctor in LA they like better. Maybe it's something else. Either way, good luck Fish. Going back to LA only reaffirms to us Jazz fans that what you're doing isn't about winning or money (he'll be making less of course) or having good teammates. All the best . . .
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton